Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Zion, The Oak, Jackson and Ingram...looks like I will be rooting for the Pelicans...
    If they can somehow get Barrett, I have anew favorite team. Probably do anyway.

What a deal for the Pelicans. They were never going to be able to keep Davis anyway, and this seems like a solid core going forward -

Guards:
    Holiday, Ball, Josh Hart, Frank Jackson
    Wings/Forwards:
    Ingram, Zion, Randle
    C:
    Okafor

They also have the #4 pick in this draft to use. If they keep it, I'd assume they take Culver or Hunter. I could also see them trading down to add assets and try to land somewhere that they could pick up another athletic big like Jaxon Hayes. Or maybe even a guy like Bol Bol.

If Zion develops into a legit All-NBA superstar, that's a roster that could contend in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Zion, The Oak, Jackson and Ingram...looks like I will be rooting for the Pelicans...
    I assume they will take Culver at 4, but maybe they like Cam there. Don’t think RJ slips past 3 but I guess it’s possible too. It’s certainly worth call with the Knicks to see what they want to swap #3 for #4.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Brandon to the Pelicans?

What advice does K give 'em, besides ignoring the Big Bawlers...

-jk
    "Just be you. You is enough."?

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    What a deal for the Pelicans. They were never going to be able to keep Davis anyway, and this seems like a solid core going forward -

Guards:
    Holiday, Ball, Josh Hart, Frank Jackson
    Wings/Forwards:
    Ingram, Zion, Randle
    C:
    Okafor

They also have the #4 pick in this draft to use. If they keep it, I'd assume they take Culver or Hunter. I could also see them trading down to add assets and try to land somewhere that they could pick up another athletic big like Jaxon Hayes. Or maybe even a guy like Bol Bol.

If Zion develops into a legit All-NBA superstar, that's a roster that could contend in a couple years.
    I heard on the radio that they are looking to trade the #4 pick for a veteran player. They have a lot of options and a much brighter future than they had a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    I heard on the radio that they are looking to trade the #4 pick for a veteran player. They have a lot of options and a much brighter future than they had a few months ago.
    Yeah, a number of other teams covet Garland, for example, and would be willing to trade a decent player in exchange for that number four pick...Pelicans really do have some nice pieces now.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I assume they will take Culver at 4, but maybe they like Cam there. Don’t think RJ slips past 3 but I guess it’s possible too. It’s certainly worth call with the Knicks to see what they want to swap #3 for #4.
    Taking Cam and number four would be a horrible move, IMO...just don't see that happening.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Woj says Lakers made a deal to get Anthony Davis. Brandon Ingram to Pelicans with other players and many draft picks -- including the #4 this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Seems like too much to me...
    Lonzo is in the trade. That means they traded away LaVar, too, upon which no cost can be placed.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Lonzo is in the trade. That means they traded away LaVar, too, upon which no cost can be placed.

Lavar will be a fixture in the NBA for a while. Lonzo's youngest brother, LaMelo, has grown to 6' 8" and is projected as a top 5 pick in the 2020 draft. It's hard to imagine him not being a high lottery pick a year from now.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2020mock_draft

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Priceless indeed.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

The Spurs had Marques in this week. They have the 19th, 29th, and 49th picks in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The Spurs had Marques in this week. They have the 19th, 29th, and 49th picks in the draft.
    Fair to point out here that teams also regularly bring in guys that they have no intention of drafting. Guys that could play on their summer league team and/or G-League affiliate, or potentially compete in training camp. This is a time of casting a WIDE net.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I heard he’s going to Utah (53rd pick).
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    This is bittersweet. I finally get to root for Brandon Ingram, but it feels wrong separating an overrated, mostly irrelevant player (Lonzo Ball) from an equally overrated, mostly irrelevant franchise (LA Lakers). Lonzo, keep all Big Baller shoe samples out of the Pelicans locker room. I don't want those anywhere near Zion.
    Oh, Brevity. Don't you see that Lonzo will be a great fit for Zion? Here's LaVar explaining how Lonzo will mentor Zion in the NBA game:

"Lonzo could be with Sara Lee, and she gonna be good," LaVar said. "Lonzo with anybody. Lonzo going to groom him, letting him know that when you get open, you're going to get the ball. He's going to make him so much better than what everybody's thinking. So everybody doubting him and saying, 'You know what? You don't have these post moves. You're not polished, just a good runner and athletic,' Lonzo will fine-tune him."
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ers-worst-move

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Lavar says: (Lonzo's) going to make him so much better than what everybody's thinking. So everybody doubting him and saying, 'You know what? You don't have these post moves. You're not polished, just a good runner and athletic.'"
    Who is saying that about Zion? I've never heard anyone say Zion is just a runner who is athletic. I've never heard anyone question Zion's ridiculously good post moves. I can already tell that when Zion comes in and is as good as everyone expects, Lavar is going to take credit for it (via Lonzo).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Who is saying that about Zion? I've never heard anyone say Zion is just a runner who is athletic. I've never heard anyone question Zion's ridiculously good post moves. I can already tell that when Zion comes in and is as good as everyone expects, Lavar is going to take credit for it (via Lonzo).
    Lavar. He's the only one saying anything that Lavar says.

Edit: Lavar is a bad person who puts himself above his own children.

It's also possible that the Pelicans trade Ball which would solve the daddy problem.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It's also possible that the Pelicans trade Ball which would solve the daddy problem.
    I hope they don't as I think he could be a really good fit with Zion and I really like his defensive abilities. He and Jru are going to be one of the better defensive backcourts in the NBA. I suspect his stock is far below his actual play at this point. No reason to sell low on a kid with this much potential.

-Jason "Nawlins is not a big media market with a large appetite for Lavar's antics. Plus, I suspect the media has tired of Lavar's nonsense and he won't get nearly as much attention" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I hope they don't as I think he could be a really good fit with Zion and I really like his defensive abilities. He and Jru are going to be one of the better defensive backcourts in the NBA. I suspect his stock is far below his actual play at this point. No reason to sell low on a kid with this much potential.

-Jason "Nawlins is not a big media market with a large appetite for Lavar's antics. Plus, I suspect the media has tired of Lavar's nonsense and he won't get nearly as much attention" Evans

I hope we get there but I don't think we're there yet. His response to Lonzo getting traded was landing page material for both ESPN and BleacherReport. BleacherReport even had a video up of Lavar on the phone claiming it was just after the trade was announced. The video was of Lavar. On the phone. And that was it. All that tells me, he's still commanding hits ---- because it won't be the media that tires of him, it'll be a noticeable downtick in the attention the public pays to him that finally gets him less attention.

Lavar has been a smidge quieter since the news broke that Lonzo severed ties with BBB after Alan Foster was found to have embezzled $1.5M from him. You'd think that creating the circus that led to your son getting ripped off big time would humble a man...

[Ball] and Jru are going to be one of the better defensive backcourts in the NBA.
    It was always interesting to me how Holliday and Davis were both elite defenders yet as a team the Pelicans were terrible on defense. The other three starters must have been an abomination. The notion of adding Zion into the mix would have made for a really exciting team defensively (if such a think is even possible). Alas, I totally agree with you that Ball is a great fit for Zion. He’s a pass-first point guard who defends well, not unlike Tre Jones.