Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ooooh here we go!

*gets his popcorn*

Off season is about five times too long...
    How's that popcorn tasting? Next time -- if you haven't already -- try cooking it in bacon grease (just cook a bunch of bacon and keep the leftover grease) on the stovetop using a heavy pot and lid. You'll be amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I donít think any of the things you mentioned are so significant as to warrant all of the hand-wringing and contemplation. Every freshman has challenges and probably also unexpected outcomes. Bakerís situation is not any better or worse (or more interesting) than any previous freshman. And why is giving up a year of high school eligibility particularly significant? I donít see that as a huge loss and apparently he didnít either.

As it is Baker got some live game action. He got to experience the mental and physical preparation of getting ready for games knowing he could be called upon to play. He will be better prepared to contribute to the team next year because of these experiences. All things considered I think he got a heck of a lot out of this season. I have my doubts as to whether he would significantly change the way things played out even if he had the ability to do so.
    You asked why it was different. I explained why. You may not put much value on the difference. Others do. But it is unequivocally different.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    You asked why it was different. I explained why. You may not put much value on the difference. Others do. But it is unequivocally different.
    Point taken, thanks, CDu.

I must confess that I cringed upon seeing that it was you posting because I think I know which side of this discussion you are on and youíre so good at explaining your points and finding things to strengthen your case ó things that many others often miss. When you post something I take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I criticize Coach K pretty often on here; it's more that I just disagree with you about this one. In 4 years, Joey won't regret it (and doesn't seem to regret it now), and Duke won't regret it, imo. I guess we'll find out in a few years, and someone will give this thread a bump. (Or perhaps earlier if he shoots lights out next season, starts, and then declares for the NBA draft, for example.)
    I don't think you can be quite so certain about this. K is already on record as regretting not redshirting one player as I understand it. We won't know until after his senior year, but it is perfectly possible that there will be some regret about not redshirting him his freshman year.