Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 161 to 173 of 173
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    With the 12th Pick in the 2019 DBR Draft, the Charlotte Hornets select . . .

    Rui Hachimura
    Gonna keep this short because I've typed this up 3 times now and it keeps getting deleted so apologies for the typos cause I'm betting there will be many.

    This came down to Rui, Bol Bol and Romeo Langford. The clock was on and I felt the heat so I pulled on Rui who I hope can become our version of Pascal Siakam. The kid is insanely driven and I love that! Those types rarely fail and I would be willing to pie bet anyone here that unless injuries occur Rui will still be a top 7 guy for a team 10 years from now (long bet I know but if you concede defeat early that would be nice).

    All that said if I could do this over I might take Bol Bol who is imo a top 5 talent in this draft and we need to swing for the fences with a possible loss of Kemba. The dude is nuttier than squirrel poo! He's almost 7'3" and can shoot lights out and blocks shots with ease. My concern at the time was the foot injury and his weight so I wanted something safe plus another ball handler for Kemba. Normally weight doesn't concern me in the slightest and for a wing it will always be a non factor but he isn't a wing and he isnt just thin like at 220 lbs but he barely cracks 200 lbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    When you wake up... please tell us if you would have taken White or Little if they were still on the board. We know what the real Hornets ownership would do, but I am interested in your opinion.
    No way Coby ever falls but yeah I would take both. I looovvve Littles upside!

    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    With the 36th Pick in the 2019 DBR Draft, the Charlotte Hornets select . . .

    Talen Horton-Tucker
    I drafted him because physically he is fascinating! When I say that I don't mean athletically but his body is... Interesting. Let's see he has a guards height (6'4"), he weighs like a wing (235lbs) but he has the wingspan of a center (7'1"). O and he is only 18 so he has tons of room to grow still physically and as a player.


    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    With the 52nd pick in the 2019 DBR Draft, the Charlotte Hornets select . . .

    Darius Bazley
    Not too much to say here. Skipped on college for the G league, then skipped the G league to train on his own. Physically he is elite at 6'9" with an almost 9ft standing reach. He is elite athletically as well posting a 37 inch vertical and under 3 seconds on his shuttle run. He is also reportedly a respectable shooter and has a great first step explosion. He was considered a borderline top 10 pick but certainly lottery. Negatively I have seen very little about him other than decision making. He is my ultimate sleeper this year just like Mitchell Robinson was last year.

    I maybe would have taken Lecque if he was around but I didn't have the chance to think on it since he was already gone. Briefly considered Jordan Bone as well and was hoping he went undrafted so we can snag him. I would trade back into the 2nd round to get him if need be.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  2. #162
    This was supposed to be an unpredictable draft and it was. The only picks of ours that matched were Zion (easy enough for Reddevil) and then Daniel Gafford at 38 (impressive by CDu).

    We picked these players after they were drafted (actual, ours, name, user, margin):
    23 52 Darius Bazley JNort 29
    16 37 Chuma Okeke kAzE 21
    14 29 Romeo Langford Billy Dat 15
    20 32 Matisse Thybulle brevity 12
    37 49 Deividas Sirvydis Billy Dat 12
    11 21 Cameron Johnson accfanfrom1970 10
    18 27 Goga Bitadze NSDukeFan 9
    19 28 Luka Samanic awhom111 9
    41 48 Eric Paschall Jeff Evans 7
    8 14 Jaxson Hayes flyingdutchdevil 6
    13 19 Tyler Herro Billy Dat 6
    7 10 Coby White JasonEvans 3
    9 12 Rui Hachimura JNort 3
    12 15 PJ Washington FerryFor50 3
    53 55 Justin Wright-Foreman Troublemaker 2
    2 3 Ja Morant Troublemaker 1
    4 5 De'Andre Hunter jacone21 1
    5 6 Darius Garland brevity 1
    57 58 Jordan Bone awhom111 1

    We picked these players before they were drafted (actual, ours, name, user, margin):
    45 40 Isaiah Roby tfk53 -5
    22 18 Grant Williams CoBlueDevil -4
    24 20 Ty Jerome flyingdutchdevil -4
    29 25 Keldon Johnson Gooch -4
    10 7 Cam Reddish CDu -3
    42 39 Admiral Schofield Reddevil -3
    6 4 Jarrett Culver roywhite -2
    26 24 Dylan Windler Bob Green -2
    3 2 RJ Barrett Dukehk -1
    17 16 Nickeil Alexander-Walker coldriver10 -1
    31 30 Nicolas Claxton Turk -1
    32 31 KZ Okpala NSDukeFan -1
    60 59 Vanja Marinkovic mattman91 -1

    We picked these players that went undrafted:
    34 Tacko Fall Bob Green
    35 Naz Reid JasonEvans
    42 Louis King Bob Green
    43 Moses Brown Edouble
    44 Luguentz Dort JasonEvans
    45 Jalen Lecque FerryFor50
    46 Shamorie Ponds coldriver10
    50 Justin Robinson CoBlueDevil
    51 Jontay Porter flyingdutchdevil
    53 Marques Bolden Furniture
    54 Brian Bowen Bob Green
    56 Terence Davis JasonEvans
    57 Aubrey Dawkins Reddevil
    60 Jesse Govan tfk53

    These players were picked, but went undrafted in ours:
    28 Jordan Poole
    35 Marcos Louzada Silva
    36 Cody Martin
    39 Alen Smailagic
    40 Justin James
    43 Jaylen Nowell
    47 Ignas Brazdeikis
    49 Quinndary Weatherspoon
    50 Jarrell Brantley
    51 Tremont Waters
    52 Jalen McDaniels
    54 Marial Shayok
    58 Miye Oni
    59 Dewan Hernandez

    We did not even need commissioner's picks in this edition of the mock, which was great.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    This was supposed to be an unpredictable draft and it was. The only picks of ours that matched were Zion (easy enough for Reddevil) and then Daniel Gafford at 38 (impressive by CDu).

    We picked these players after they were drafted (actual, ours, name, user, margin):
    23 52 Darius Bazley JNort 29
    16 37 Chuma Okeke kAzE 21
    14 29 Romeo Langford Billy Dat 15
    20 32 Matisse Thybulle brevity 12
    37 49 Deividas Sirvydis Billy Dat 12
    11 21 Cameron Johnson accfanfrom1970 10
    18 27 Goga Bitadze NSDukeFan 9
    19 28 Luka Samanic awhom111 9
    41 48 Eric Paschall Jeff Evans 7
    8 14 Jaxson Hayes flyingdutchdevil 6
    13 19 Tyler Herro Billy Dat 6
    7 10 Coby White JasonEvans 3
    9 12 Rui Hachimura JNort 3
    12 15 PJ Washington FerryFor50 3
    53 55 Justin Wright-Foreman Troublemaker 2
    2 3 Ja Morant Troublemaker 1
    4 5 De'Andre Hunter jacone21 1
    5 6 Darius Garland brevity 1
    57 58 Jordan Bone awhom111 1

    We picked these players before they were drafted (actual, ours, name, user, margin):
    45 40 Isaiah Roby tfk53 -5
    22 18 Grant Williams CoBlueDevil -4
    24 20 Ty Jerome flyingdutchdevil -4
    29 25 Keldon Johnson Gooch -4
    10 7 Cam Reddish CDu -3
    42 39 Admiral Schofield Reddevil -3
    6 4 Jarrett Culver roywhite -2
    26 24 Dylan Windler Bob Green -2
    3 2 RJ Barrett Dukehk -1
    17 16 Nickeil Alexander-Walker coldriver10 -1
    31 30 Nicolas Claxton Turk -1
    32 31 KZ Okpala NSDukeFan -1
    60 59 Vanja Marinkovic mattman91 -1

    We picked these players that went undrafted:
    34 Tacko Fall Bob Green
    35 Naz Reid JasonEvans
    42 Louis King Bob Green
    43 Moses Brown Edouble
    44 Luguentz Dort JasonEvans
    45 Jalen Lecque FerryFor50
    46 Shamorie Ponds coldriver10
    50 Justin Robinson CoBlueDevil
    51 Jontay Porter flyingdutchdevil
    53 Marques Bolden Furniture
    54 Brian Bowen Bob Green
    56 Terence Davis JasonEvans
    57 Aubrey Dawkins Reddevil
    60 Jesse Govan tfk53

    These players were picked, but went undrafted in ours:
    28 Jordan Poole
    35 Marcos Louzada Silva
    36 Cody Martin
    39 Alen Smailagic
    40 Justin James
    43 Jaylen Nowell
    47 Ignas Brazdeikis
    49 Quinndary Weatherspoon
    50 Jarrell Brantley
    51 Tremont Waters
    52 Jalen McDaniels
    54 Marial Shayok
    58 Miye Oni
    59 Dewan Hernandez

    We did not even need commissioner's picks in this edition of the mock, which was great.
    I think you missed Talen Horton Tucker. I got him at 36 and he went at 46
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I think you missed Talen Horton Tucker. I got him at 36 and he went at 46
    Yeah, I didn't copy over a whole portion of the list. Here is what it should look like:
    44 13 Bol Bol subzero02 -31
    48 33 Terance Mann Bob Green -15
    25 11 Nassir Little Edouble -14
    55 41 Kyle Guy JasonEvans -14
    21 9 Brandon Clarke Truth&Justise -12
    27 17 Mfiondu Kabengele NSDukeFan -10
    33 23 Carsen Edwards Furniture -10
    46 36 Talen Horton-Tucker JNort -10
    56 47 Jaylen Hands tfk53 -9
    30 22 Kevin Porter flyingdutchdevil -8
    34 26 Bruno Fernando jacone21 -8
    15 8 Sekou Doumbouya JasonEvans -7
    45 40 Isaiah Roby tfk53 -5
    22 18 Grant Williams CoBlueDevil -4
    24 20 Ty Jerome flyingdutchdevil -4
    29 25 Keldon Johnson Gooch -4
    10 7 Cam Reddish CDu -3
    42 39 Admiral Schofield Reddevil -3
    6 4 Jarrett Culver roywhite -2
    26 24 Dylan Windler Bob Green -2
    3 2 RJ Barrett Dukehk -1
    17 16 Nickeil Alexander-Walker coldriver10 -1
    31 30 Nicolas Claxton Turk -1
    32 31 KZ Okpala NSDukeFan -1
    60 59 Vanja Marinkovic mattman91 -1

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Bulls ended up doing exactly what I expected them to do (White and a big, I picked Gafford). I had hoped they wouldn't take White because I don't really want to have to cheer for a UNC guy (he was the guy I was alluding to when I said they probably wouldn't take Reddish). So I took Reddish. But, as expected, they took White.

    Hopefully he turns out great for the Bulls and helps Carter develop into a stud.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    MKE
    Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    This was supposed to be an unpredictable draft and it was. The only picks of ours that matched were Zion (easy enough for Reddevil) and then Daniel Gafford at 38 (impressive by CDu).

    We picked these players after they were drafted (actual, ours, name, user, margin):
    23 52 Darius Bazley JNort 29
    16 37 Chuma Okeke kAzE 21
    14 29 Romeo Langford Billy Dat 15
    20 32 Matisse Thybulle brevity 12
    37 49 Deividas Sirvydis Billy Dat 12
    11 21 Cameron Johnson accfanfrom1970 10
    18 27 Goga Bitadze NSDukeFan 9
    19 28 Luka Samanic awhom111 9
    41 48 Eric Paschall Jeff Evans 7
    8 14 Jaxson Hayes flyingdutchdevil 6
    13 19 Tyler Herro Billy Dat 6
    7 10 Coby White JasonEvans 3
    9 12 Rui Hachimura JNort 3
    12 15 PJ Washington FerryFor50 3
    53 55 Justin Wright-Foreman Troublemaker 2
    2 3 Ja Morant Troublemaker 1
    4 5 De'Andre Hunter jacone21 1
    5 6 Darius Garland brevity 1
    57 58 Jordan Bone awhom111 1
    In the DBR alternate universe, this viral video of the Bone draft party would be even more dramatic:


    https://deadspin.com/jordan-bones-dr...-in-1835727208

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cabbagetown, Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    In the DBR alternate universe, this viral video of the Bone draft party would be even more dramatic:

    https://deadspin.com/jordan-bones-dr...-in-1835727208
    Oh, Jordan Bone... "the most athletic player in the draft" according to Jay Bilas.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Oh, Jordan Bone... "the most athletic player in the draft" according to Jay Bilas.
    Bone scorched the speed and agility drills. I think that is what he was referring to. Better athlete than basketball player? We shall see.

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cabbagetown, Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Bone scorched the speed and agility drills. I think that is what he was referring to. Better athlete than basketball player? We shall see.
    More athletic than Zion? Not buying it, Jay.

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    The following is a collection of some of the comments about Romeo Langford from the DBR Mock Draft:

    -cannot shoot
    The "cannot shoot" comment is mine so I'll own it. On Romeo Langford, Spanarkel was right and I was wrong (it happens frequently). I thought Langford would be late 1st round or maybe even slip into the 2nd Round.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  11. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Oh, Jordan Bone... "the most athletic player in the draft" according to Jay Bilas.
    I mean the dude shredded every athletic measurement. Probably the only reason he was drafted.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  12. #172
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cabbagetown, Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I mean the dude shredded every athletic measurement. Probably the only reason he was drafted.
    More athletic than Zion? (who was not at the combine)

  13. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    More athletic than Zion? (who was not at the combine)
    We don't know if Zion is more athletic because he didn't test. Therefore Bone who tested better than every one is by default the most athletic. Even if Zion did test I doubt he would have performed better at all in terms of raw numbers, now relative to his position and size then sure I think I would agree he is most likely more athletic.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 DBR Mock Draft SIGN UP HERE!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-05-2019, 12:43 PM
  2. 2019 Mock Draft tracking
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 267
    Last Post: 05-17-2019, 09:04 AM
  3. 2018 DBR NBA Mock Draft - It's a wrap!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 06-22-2018, 10:48 AM
  4. 2017 DBR Mock Draft - it's a wrap!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 06-23-2017, 01:06 PM
  5. 45th annual DBR Mock Draft, 2016 - It's a wrap!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 06-24-2016, 10:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •