Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    As a Redskins fan, I was not happy that we didn't resign Crowder. If we had a real GM (and owner) we'd have Kirk Cousins throwing TDs to Jamison Crowder!
    As an ex-Deadskins fan I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    As a Redskins fan, I was not happy that we didn't resign Crowder. If we had a real GM (and owner) we'd have Kirk Cousins throwing TDs to Jamison Crowder!
    That's gotta hurt....

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    As an ex-Deadskins fan I agree with you.
    I don't really do 'ex' fandom. HTTR for life. I'll hopefully out live Snyder's ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    That's gotta hurt...
    Yeah, Cousins, Crowder and a few other losses sting. Really didn't see this bad of a season coming. I've liked what we have done in the draft for the most part of late and thought we were looking at 7-9 to 9-7 with a stretch goal of losing a playoff game. I couldn't have been more wrong. Previous 2 years injuries decimated our team. This year, we just suck.

At least I have Duke basketball to watch now...

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Laken Tomlinson is playing very well for San Francisco.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    That's both great and a bit surprising. The Lions took him in the first round, and ultimately considered him something of a bust...but I think I read one of the Lions execs involved in drafting Laken went to SF and got him signed there. Good for him.
    The Lions F-ed up? Inconceivable!

So says Eric Ebron.

Other than Matt Stafford, it is hard to remember a first round draft pick that worked for the Lions except for Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, generational talents that left the game early. fed up with playing for the Lions.

Duke alum McCaffrey suspended 10 games. 2nd time he's been suspended. OUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Laken Tomlinson is playing very well for San Francisco.
    Laken has been nominated for the All Star game.

Perusing the box score this morning, I see Jamison Crowder had a big night against the Ravens: 6 receptions, 90 yards, 2 TD. His longest reception was 41 yards.

Ravens 42, Jets 21.

Lamar Jackson had a bigger night.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Perusing the box score this morning, I see Jamison Crowder had a big night against the Ravens: 6 receptions, 90 yards, 2 TD. His longest reception was 41 yards.
    Crowder had the strangest back-to-back plays you may ever see from a WR. He dropped a wide-open TD pass on one play and it was one of the worst drops you will ever see. There was no one anywhere close to him and the ball was just flipped, not drilled, to his hands. I'm telling you, this would have been an egregious drop in 10-year-old Pee Wee football.

On the very next play, Crowder made a fabulous TD grab where he was falling out of bounds with a defender draped all over him. Probably one of the best catches by anyone on the Jets all year.

Back-to-back plays... insane.

You can see video of both plays here: https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/jam...s-01dvyfxjt6py
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Crowder had the strangest back-to-back plays you may ever see from a WR. He dropped a wide-open TD pass on one play and it was one of the worst drops you will ever see. There was no one anywhere close to him and the ball was just flipped, not drilled, to his hands. I'm telling you, this would have been an egregious drop in 10-year-old Pee Wee football.

On the very next play, Crowder made a fabulous TD grab where he was falling out of bounds with a defender draped all over him. Probably one of the best catches by anyone on the Jets all year.

You can see video of both plays here: https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/jam...s-01dvyfxjt6py
    It is just amazing when humanity strikes.

I saw both plays and it the 2nd catch was as great as the first one was bad. It looked like he took his eyes off the ball to see how close he was to the sideline. GoDuke!

After the drop, I guarantee you that Crowder went into the huddle and told Darnold, "Throw it to me again. I don't care how covered I am. I am catching it."
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

After the drop, I guarantee you that Crowder went into the huddle and told Darnold, "Throw it to me again. I don't care how covered I am. I am catching it."
    Quite possible, because he wasn't close to being open on the TD play.

Jamison Crowder with 3 catches for 40 yards so far today. Jets are up on the Steelers 13 - 10 in the 3rd quarter.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Jamison Crowder with 3 catches for 40 yards so far today. Jets are up on the Steelers 13 - 10 in the 3rd quarter.
    Jamison ended with 4 for 60, no touchdowns, but leading yardage receiver for the Jets by far. Nice day for Dukies in the NFL...

Jamison Crowder off to a nice start with four receptions for 35 yards already.
    Bob Green

Crowder with 8 receptions for 66 yards and Touchdown. Jets up on Bills 10-3 early in 4th quarter.
    Bob Green

For the season, Jamison was 78/833/6.

Decent season for a mediocre team.

not duke related, but how nice of the dolphins to knock off the patriots!

I may or may not be a dolphins fan, but sure as heck am not a patriots fan!
    April 1

Laken Tomlinson is on the NFC #1 seed (and part of an offensive line anchoring one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Laken Tomlinson is on the NFC #1 seed (and part of an offensive line anchoring one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL).
    yup, he wasn't good enough for the dismal Lions...fortunately a guy partly responsible drafting him went to the 49ers where there is more competence.