Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Louisville 79, Duke 73 Post-game thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. And remember, no venting or bashing allowed.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Spurts of good play but overall not a good game. Back to back losses, one to an unranked team and the other at home probably drops them out of the top 10.

We earned it.

Didn’t like the play calling in crunch time. I know it’s a challenge that this team can’t shoot. But K was pretty bad at the end there.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Spurts of good play but overall not a good game. Back to back losses, one to an unranked team and the other at home probably drops them out of the top 10.
    Except that EVERYONE lost today. Someone has to be in the top ten.

Disappointing. We had multiple opportunities to take the lead and couldn't close the deal.

Young team that doesn't have a go to guy at crunch time

And our big guy in the middle is pretty easy to defend.

Well, on the bright side we did 1 point better than we did against Clemson.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Came out flat n unmotivated in the first half n that was too much. Just couldn’t do enough in the 2nd half to overcome the 1st hole we dug ourselves. Stanley had a good game n got us back in it. But just not enough. We miss Moore a lot n this game showed it.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    The boys played hard, no one can doubt that. But it’s hard to come back from 10 against a Top 10 caliber team. Despite that we still had a handful of chances which makes this all the more frustrating, but with some breathing room will provide some positives to focus on.

We played without Wendell and basically without Vernon and arguably should’ve won against probably our biggest conference opponent this year. This one stings but all of our goals are still attainable and in our control.

It’s January. This slide is a yearly occurrence. The great teams bounce back from it. Let’s go do it.

Disappointing - that is all I can say. They had the game tied and just played poorly when it counted most. Hopefully just a mid season slump. Team played hard- but the O was awful in critical moments. Need a closer and Duke does not have that.

Duke had so many opportunities and couldn’t make the right plays. They just seemed out of sync for stretches of the game. UL wasn’t great after the fast start but Duke couldn’t capitalize. We needed someone shooting well tonight from outside and no one stepped up. Stanley was phenomenal. Hope they can figure it out sooner rather than later.

Bench points: 39-5.

It might not have been the factor but it was a factor.
    Bob Green

Lost that one in the first 10 mins. That's why you don't go down 15. Very hard to make up that ground against a good, motivated opponent.

Last time we lost back to back as a top 5 team was... 2015. Not overreacting yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Didn’t like the play calling in crunch time. I know it’s a challenge that this team can’t shoot. But K was pretty bad at the end there.
    You think he’ll suggest Kevin White fire him?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Not sure why Carey wasn't in the last couple minutes. He had been giving us some offense late.

Jav was silent

3's weren't falling.

Not the end of the world but not fun either

Missed 8 more free throws and shot 6-25 from 3.

Too many dunks and layups given up, too. Duke didn’t get into a rhythm offensively other than Cassius for a stint in the 2nd half.

The ACC regular season title is still within reach but it will be an uphill fight from here.

Unfortunate part is our resume is gonna start to look really weak.

Louisville and Florida St. are our last shots at securing wins that may give us a #1 seed.

And a lot of potential bad losses remain as well.

Oh well....

The last three plays we ran when we were down 3 may have been the worst plays we ran all game. I can't believe Coach K would call a time out down 3 with plenty of time left for Tre to take the big guy to the hoop. Tre must have done that on his own. Carey didn't start to assert himself until Louisville got into foul trouble. I'm afraid Vernon is not quick enough or strong enough to make shots through players his size. Now I'm concerned.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    Unfortunate part is our resume is gonna start to look really weak.

Louisville and Florida St. are our last shots at securing wins that may give us a #1 seed.

And a lot of potential bad losses remain as well.

Oh well...
    A weak resume doesn’t seem to prevent a certain West coast team from getting a 1 seed year after year. Maybe there’s hope.😀