ACC Football 2019-2020

I ain't starting a thread about UNC football -- so I broadened the topic to "ACC football" -- but this is a story about Mack Brown, UNC and Duke.

Big headline this AM: Mack Brown just had his knee replaced -- by a former UNC player. Here's the link. But, but, doesn't football practice start around August 1, and won't this be a horrible way to enter the season?

But here's the real story: Michael Bolognesi, who played defensive back for the Tar Heels from 1989-1993 is a big deal at Duke Health, where he also went to med school and presumably was where the operation took place:

Las Vegas – On Wednesday, March 13, 2019, Michael “Bolo” P. Bolognesi, MD took office as the 29th President of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) during the AAHKS Board of Directors meeting in Las Vegas.

Dr. Bolognesi is Professor of Surgery, Chief of the Adult Reconstruction Division, and Director of the Adult Reconstruction Fellowship in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Duke University School of Medicine. He completed medical school and his residency at Duke, followed by a Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. After his training, Dr. Bolognesi joined the Duke academic faculty where his practice is focused on total hip and knee replacement, uni-compartmental arthroplasty, revision total hip and knee replacement and patient outcome optimization. He conducts a high volume of clinical research focused on studying the outcomes of these procedures as well as investigating the introduction of new technologies to advance this field of care.
    Mack Brown is smarter than I thought, and has also read the recent stories about UNC surgery. Funny, the ESPN News Services, AP story doesn't say a work about Duke. That means it was really written by the UNC SID.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I ain't starting a thread about UNC football -- so I broadened the topic to "ACC football" -- but this is a story about Mack Brown, UNC and Duke.

Big headline this AM: Mack Brown just had his knee replaced -- by a former UNC player. Here's the link. But, but, doesn't football practice start around August 1, and won't this be a horrible way to enter the season?

But here's the real story: Michael Bolognesi, who played defensive back for the Tar Heels from 1989-1993 is a big deal at Duke Health, where he also went to med school and presumably was where the operation took place:

Mack Brown is smarter than I thought, and has also read the recent stories about UNC surgery. Funny, the ESPN News Services, AP story doesn't say a work about Duke. That means it was really written by the UNC SID.
    Can't blame Bolognesi. Some people need a starter school.

plus he makes a great red sauce...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    A note on bowling in 2020 (through 2025). Being that "the NCAA used a four-year average of the number of bowl-eligible teams from a conference", Duke did their part.

Here are the number of bowl tie-ins allowed for each conference:

• American: 7

• ACC: 11

• Big 12: 7

• Big Ten: 9

• Conference USA: 7

• MAC: 6

• Mountain West: 6

• Pac-12: 8

• SEC: 11

• Sun Belt: 5

ACC
    The ACC, which includes Notre Dame for contractual purposes, will have 11 guaranteed bowl slots, the most of the power conferences. According to Stadium, the conference swapped its spot in the Quick Lane Bowl for the Fenway game and will replace the Big Ten in the Holiday Bowl.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/big-cha...233855618.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Word is that Mack Brown already has a hip replacement and a back surgeon lined up for after his teams get the royal beatdown by State and Duke. Getting old sucks, Mack should retire again. His body can't handle the college game.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Word is that Mack Brown already has a hip replacement and a back surgeon lined up for after his teams get the royal beatdown by State and Duke. Getting old sucks, Mack should retire again. His body can't handle the college game.
    You're on a forum where we routinely honor a coach who is 5 years older than Mack and who has had more body parts replaced than Mack....

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    You're on a forum where we routinely honor a coach who is 5 years older than Mack and who has had more body parts replaced than Mack...
    Yes, but K can actually coach. Brown is only there to rebuild the personnel for a bigger name in 2022. (Cue academic scandal comment from 1993-1998).