Couple of thoughts on the DBR front page

First and foremost, love you guys and appreciate the work that you do on behalf of all Duke fans.

Second, can we maybe get the Duke Baseball Regional Championship on the main page? That boxing article is cool, but to Duke fans perhaps the sweep in Morgantown is also a big deal?

Third, I'm as shocked as you are that Penny would really be trying to get Larry Brown to Memphis. I do have a comment, though, related to the following paragraph:

"No one doubts his basketball intelligence but the man has a bad track record and at SMU treated academics like, well, like he was following the UNC Way."

Absolutely agreed regarding the bad track record. But it's way too facile and glib to say that he/SMU behaved anything like Carolina. The SMU case involved one recruit who never played for SMU for whom an admin assistant took an online course that the recruit turned out not to even have needed. Larry stumbled in the NCAA hearing, badly, and SMU got absolutely slammed. It was wrong and, unlike UNC, it was right in the NCAA's traditional wheelhouse for punishment. But it was not "treating academics like he was following the UNC way." Since the Death Penalty, SMU has been one of the cleanest programs in college sports. As well as one of the most long-suffering. It's a lot like State, except with a lot more suffering, including the loss of virtually all historic rivalries since the Southwest Conference blew up.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    First and foremost, love you guys and appreciate the work that you do on behalf of all Duke fans.

Second, can we maybe get the Duke Baseball Regional Championship on the main page? That boxing article is cool, but to Duke fans perhaps the sweep in Morgantown is also a big deal?
    Ask and ye shall receive, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive, eh?
    Great summary, thanks! Still can’t believe the Aggies came back from 9-1 down and 10-7 down with a single strike left, but I’m glad they did. Beating WVU on their home field again would have been the tougher road.

Piling on...

For that matter, I'd argue that Capel's "finest moment" in college was not his buzzer beater in Cameron against UNC, but his 19 points in the '94 Southeast Regional Final. After Grant picked up his 4th foul, even Coach K thought the game was over (it's in one of his books, can't remember which). Capel kept us in the game while Grant had to sit, and helped us make it back to the Final Four.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...969-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Piling on...

For that matter, I'd argue that Capel's "finest moment" in college was not his buzzer beater in Cameron against UNC, but his 19 points in the '94 Southeast Regional Final. After Grant picked up his 4th foul, even Coach K thought the game was over (it's in one of his books, can't remember which). Capel kept us in the game while Grant had to sit, and helped us make it back to the Final Four.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...969-story.html
    That was such a fun game and I'm still annoyed at the Purdue band for playing "Rocky Top" in an attempt to suck up to neutral fans in Knoxville. The buzzer-beater would be more arguable as the finest moment if we had ultimately won that game, though.