Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Duke-Bama kickoff time set for 3:30

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

Start hydrating now. That tailgate is going to be brutal.

92 Days, three hours and two minutes from now. It isn't every day you get the opportunity to beat Alabama in football.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    92 Days, three hours and two minutes from now. It isn't every day you get the opportunity to beat Alabama in football.
    I like your optimism....but I wouldn't bet your house on that outcome!

Bama was embarrassed in their last game. It doesn't happen often, and they have had the whole offseason to stew on it. Not happy that Duke is up next. This could be brutal...

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    Bama was embarrassed in their last game. It doesn't happen often, and they have had the whole offseason to stew on it. Not happy that Duke is up next. This could be brutal...

9F
    Yeah, we're gonna be the first team they can hit other than internal practices. And you KNOW those are gonna be awful.

They will have a lot of frustration to take out on us. May they be even more frustrated when they leave!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Geeez, pour on the dour predictions! Great things can happen in the first game of the year. Ask Michigan and App State.
    And, if we lose, big whoop. It's the first game of the year and not one we are expected to win. I do expect us to compete, and will be surprised if we don't. 'Bama ain't the only team playing in that game with something to prove.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

This could be brutal...

9F
    Like the old joke, (more than) slightly modified: If Bama dies, she dies.

9F
    Yes, I remember being floored by how thoroughly they got trounced in the last game, and then about midway through the third quarter realizing who they step on the field against next. I might have even mentioned it in the game thread.
    I'm all about "shock the world," but this would be a pretty significant shock.

I'll be there with DaughterPK (who goes to 'Bama and will be representing, so be kind if you see a college-aged girl in the Duke section with a 'Bama shirt. She's still good people).

Ready for the tailgate, just let me know what to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

Start hydrating now. That tailgate is going to be brutal.
    Ouch. Worth noting that for years I sat (semi suicidally) on the East side of WW where I would get temporary reprieve from the baking sun at halftime amongst the trees now cut down in the name of progress...the Emergency Services ambulance guys used to hang out there (they know shade) and I asked them a few years ago what the worst problem day was for them...all three of them said by far the worst day they'd seen was when Bama came to town to trounce us several years previously...they had never seen such a large number of fans get in trouble by drinking too much and hydrating too little...I would have thought the SEC people would have figured that out, but evidently nyet.

At least the game is indoors.

I see this game being close for three quarters with a final score hardly indicative of a mostly competitive game.

Duke 35 - Bama 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukelogger View Post
    I see this game being close for three quarters with a final score hardly indicative of a mostly competitive game.

Duke 35 - Bama 10.
    Gotta be a missing decimal point and/or exponent missing from one/both those scores.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Duke and UNC are playing SEC games at the same time with Duke on ABC and UNC on ESPN. That should make getting a hotel in Charlotte fun.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Duke and UNC are playing SEC games at the same time with Duke on ABC and UNC on ESPN. That should make getting a hotel in Charlotte fun.
    Perhaps the Duke partisans can find something in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'll be there with DaughterPK (who goes to 'Bama and will be representing, so be kind if you see a college-aged girl in the Duke section with a 'Bama shirt. She's still good people).

Ready for the tailgate, just let me know what to bring.
    I will be coming in with my 10 year-old, who may or may not be sporting a Quinn Cook Warriors jersey. Likewise up for the tailgate and looking forward to getting details as they become available...

Quote Originally Posted by Dukelogger View Post

Duke 35 - Bama 10.
    Zporkz worthy! I’ll be there to watch as we do shock the world! LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

9F
    Just seems to me that the Florida State program still hasn't recovered from their opener with Bama a few years back...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Just seems to me that the Florida State program still hasn't recovered from their opener with Bama a few years back...
    I'd much rather play a team that sucked their last time out than one that trounced the opposition. Proves they can suck. Go Duke!!! And I can honestly say I've never watched the kickoff of a Duke Football game and not had at least a spark of hope that we can win. Wouldn't be prudent.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    ...I can honestly say I've never watched the kickoff of a Duke Football game and not had at least a spark of hope that we can win...
    Either you missed the Carl Franks era, or you're just a better person than I.