Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
So here's my garden, since I am finally starting to harvest a few things. I do everything in containers, which is great for weeding, not so great for maintenance free watering. And, when you are in a literal drought with back to back to back 90+ degree days, it is very high maintenance.
I know our city water is pretty acidic, so I use rain water as much as often. To make that work, I have three rain barrels. Two are fed by gutters, and the third is simply emptied into by one barrel when it is full. I can fill a watering can very easily, and my garden is small enough that it is not too time consuming to soak everything.
When it all runs dry, I have to rely on our hose. Bleah.
Anyway, long story short, I am going to be doing some canning this weekend. I've got lots of cucumbers to pickle, and banana peppers ready to go. There are over 50 green tomatoes staring at me, and I'm looking forward to putting them all in jars. By summer's end, I should have about 3x that yield.
I do have one "patio" cherry tomato plant going, simply because I love to snack on them as I water and feed everything.

IMG-4998.jpg

IMG-4993.jpg

IMG-5001.jpg

IMG-4996.jpg

IMG-5002.jpg
Instead of beer?

Photos look great!