Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 241 to 248 of 248
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    R&R Cattle Services is a great place to pick strawberries. Itís in Orange County just across the Durham County border off of New Sharon Church Rd.
    Too high a risk of catching Carolina Fever. Hard pass.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I finally got some veggie seeds going in the greenhouse this weekend, a much later start than usual. A true classic mix, with lettuces, spinach, beans (both pole and bush), carrots, eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes. Also doing cantaloupe for the first time.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    question for the group....what would be a recommendation for encouraging moss growth? we have a small side yard that has been taken over by moss by about 60%...we'd like for it to completely have it....it's in the shade, has plenty of moisture and it's green..


    some acidic promoter?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    question for the group...what would be a recommendation for encouraging moss growth? we have a small side yard that has been taken over by moss by about 60%...we'd like for it to completely have it...it's in the shade, has plenty of moisture and it's green..


    some acidic promoter?
    we've had a big section of yard that has Big Moss come and go...as you say, it flourishes when it's moist and shady...when it get very warm and dry I'm not sure you can really promote it too much. There's a reason why moss tends to grow on the north side of trees...I love it when it gets phosphorescent green..

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    question for the group...what would be a recommendation for encouraging moss growth? we have a small side yard that has been taken over by moss by about 60%...we'd like for it to completely have it...it's in the shade, has plenty of moisture and it's green..


    some acidic promoter?
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    we've had a big section of yard that has Big Moss come and go...as you say, it flourishes when it's moist and shady...when it get very warm and dry I'm not sure you can really promote it too much. There's a reason why moss tends to grow on the north side of trees...I love it when it gets phosphorescent green..
    Yep, only way you'll completely have it is if the entire yard is in the shade. The backyard of our office is the same. Half is so shady that it's moss only, and the other half is so well lit that I have my gardens and greenhouse there.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Moss is nice in that it looks good and requires no mowing...not what the Scotts empire is looking to see become popular, those five step scoundrels

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Moss is nice in that it looks good and requires no mowing...not what the Scotts empire is looking to see become popular, those five step scoundrels
    Alas, it doesn't stand up to the dog very well.

    -jk

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Alas, it doesn't stand up to the dog very well.

    -jk
    Thanks, that explains why our Milk Bone delivery receipt says it came from Scotts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •