Dirty Money on Netflix

Has anybody been watching this series? It's sort of like a higher budget version of the American Greed show that used to come on one of the cable news channels. Can't remember the channel. Fox business maybe?

Anyway, it's really interesting and I've finally found something that is non-fiction that my wife will stay awake for.

We both have worked in the pharmaceutical industry(I still do, she went back to teaching to keep her soul from rotting), so we are very familiar with the inner workings of the industry. The episode we watched last night was about the rise of Valeant pharmaceuticals and CEO Mike Pearson(who is a Duke grad, and I never realized that when the story first came out).

It's a really interesting show and gives a lot more back story to scandals in the news than what actually aired on TV when these stories were news.

Was it something I said?

I’m intrigued but my wife isn’t in to documentaries either and I already have a backlog of shows to watch without her. Took me forever to finish Mad Men and I gave up on House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and Narcos. It helps to watch intermittently if each episode is different story tho.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I’m intrigued but my wife isn’t in to documentaries either and I already have a backlog of shows to watch without her. Took me forever to finish Mad Men and I gave up on House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and Narcos. It helps to watch intermittently if each episode is different story tho.
    The one benefit to a long train commute into NYC is watching shows my wife isn't interested in. I can plow through shows pretty quickly and am always on the lookout for new ideas. I recommend Black Mirror if you're looking for a show where each episode is independent of others, but some episodes are unsettling and it is "light" sci-fi so you have to be into that sort of thing.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

The maple syrup episode of this show was great. I'd never heard of any of that story before.

Should we have a catchall Netflix thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The maple syrup episode of this show was great. I'd never heard of any of that story before.

Should we have a catchall Netflix thread?
    May already be one. I searched for dirty money specifically, but didn't find any.

I haven't seen the maple syrup episode you speak of. Sounds interesting. There is money(and some of dirty) to be made in many places I guess. One doesn't think of maple syrup when it comes to hard and fast business scandals. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Has anybody been watching this series? It's sort of like a higher budget version of the American Greed show that used to come on one of the cable news channels. Can't remember the channel. Fox business maybe?

Anyway, it's really interesting and I've finally found something that is non-fiction that my wife will stay awake for.

We both have worked in the pharmaceutical industry(I still do, she went back to teaching to keep her soul from rotting), so we are very familiar with the inner workings of the industry. The episode we watched last night was about the rise of Valeant pharmaceuticals and CEO Mike Pearson(who is a Duke grad, and I never realized that when the story first came out).

It's a really interesting show and gives a lot more back story to scandals in the news than what actually aired on TV when these stories were news.
    “CEO Mike Pearson(who is a Duke grad”. A lot of Duke memorabilia in the backgrounds of his interviews, including a signed BB.