Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I mean, I don’t think anyone believes Tiger is going to be the Tiger of old.

Other than that, I am not sure what one tournament says about anything. Justin Rose misses the cut at the Masters, for example.

Maybe Tiger never wins another major. Maybe he wins another major or three. Who knows?

Since he came back last year, I saw little reason to declare he would never win again. Now that he has won one, I see no reason to declare he is done forever after one missed cut either.
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Can we now begin the discussion of whether or not Tiger's Masters win is like Jack's '86 Masters win more than it is a partial resumption of his prior glory?
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The last six "big tournaments" he has played in

British Open 2018, Carnoustie -- was on the lead with nine holes to play, T6 (Molinari won).
    PGA 2018 -- finished second to Koepka
    Tour Championship at East Lake -- winner!!
    Players' Championship, Sawgrass -- T30 (Rory won)
    Masters 2019 -- winner!!
    PGA 2019, Bethpage Black -- Missed cut

Lessee -- six tournaments -- won twice -- led on the last day twice. I don't think Tiger's done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Yeah, but what have you done for me lately?
    Lol!

Congrats to Koepka, but this is shaping up to be a very boring Sunday of golf...and i know there are people out there who would say "How is that different from any other day of golf?".

I don't see anyone challenging him (going VERY low), and I don't see him screwing up.

In case you were expecting a boring afternoon of golf, turn on your TV. Koepka is unraveling on the back nine, four straight bogies. He leads Dustin Johnson by a paltry stroke.

And Dustin responds with a Bogie on 16. Thought for sure that putt was in

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    And Dustin responds with a Bogie on 16. Thought for sure that putt was in
    Followed by a DJ bogey on 17, giving Koepka a 3-shot cushion now.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Back to Boring

It was so nice of Brooks to take a few holes off and make the back 9 interesting! That 5 stroke swing (4 BK bogey's and 1 DJ birdie) made things surprisingly interesting. That was actually an epic meltdown. It's a good thing for Brooks that he had a huge lead...he needed it. Loved his reaction when he made the putt at 18.

That's 3/5 and 4/8 for Brooks in majors of late. That's pretty darn good.

DJ was in the 60's for all 4 rounds.

As someone who isn't a Tiger fan, it was refreshing to watch the weekend with him absent. I don't need to see every stroke of the guy coming in 40th. Not Tiger's fault but when Brooks wins I don't need the know how Tiger did (when he's not close to the winner).

It was nice to see Jordan Spieth have a pretty good week. I bought new golf shoes a couple of weeks ago and they are JS models from Under Armour. I really like the shoes so now I have to root for Jordan! :-)

Who had Jazz in the top 14? (no, not Grayson Allen, Utah Jazz player of choice). Now, without looking, spell Jazz's last name!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    In case you were expecting a boring afternoon of golf, turn on your TV. Koepka is unraveling on the back nine, four straight bogies. He leads Dustin Johnson by a paltry stroke.
    Yeah, I came close to eating that one. Just a nibble though.

"They" say you can't win a tournament on Thursday, you can only lose it. But Koepka pretty much won this on Thursday with his 63. The 65 on Friday helped too. He needed just about every stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    As someone who isn't a Tiger fan, it was refreshing to watch the weekend with him absent. I don't need to see every stroke of the guy coming in 40th.
    Thank God.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Ditto on the Tiger-free weekend.

Is it my imagination, or was this the worst TV coverage of a golf tournament ever? All they could do early on Sunday was show Phil hacking his way around the course and clowning with the gallery.