Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine

Zion to Bilas: “Didn’t you go to Duke?!?!”

Man I love this kid. Don’t love the NBA game, but I’m gonna love watching him and rooting for him forever.

In that moment, Zion represented all of us.

was watching with family while eating dinner, missed this moment. anyone willing to give me some context? it sounds delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    was watching with family while eating dinner, missed this moment. anyone willing to give me some context? it sounds delicious.
    Sure. So Bilas was getting a little corny and pressed Zion. First Bilas pointed out that before the season that RJ was the presumptive #1. But now that it's you (Zion) -- would you pick Ja or RJ as the #2 pick. To which Zion responded "DIDN'T YOU GO TO DUKE" and ended it with a big smile. It was well handled.

Kinda' like -- WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU, BILAS ?!

Honestly I hope RJ goes to 3 so he can play in the Big Apple.

here it is if you missed it.

Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Thanks, I needed a laugh after the Canes debacle tonight...

Wish Zion had the chance to hang a national championship banner. Favorite Duke player that I can remember.

Was watching this moment live and loved it... Jay had absolutely no response, caught him completely off guard. Called out for selling out on national television. How sweet! Thank you Zion!

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    Was watching this moment live and loved it... Jay had absolutely no response, caught him completely off guard. Called out for selling out on national television. How sweet! Thank you Zion!
    Jay tried to salvage the moment by telling Zion he was “playing GM” and Zion deadpanned... “I’m a player.” And Jay gave up.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

He is terrific--he somehow remains modest and inside himself while also being funny and outside of jock stereotype. And he kept it up even when he was getting the breathless "all or nothing" treatment by the media (in front of a bunch of his buddies), as if Ja or RJ would be dismal additions to any team.

Oh, and I can't remember ever watching a pro-related panel in which the 4 on-screen players and former players all went to the same college. And then they were funny (or at least the youngest one was funny). Both RJ (June) and Zion (July) will soon be 19...
    Last edited by johnb; 05-15-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    Sure. So Bilas was getting a little corny and pressed Zion. First Bilas pointed out that before the season that RJ was the presumptive #1. But now that it's you (Zion) -- would you pick Ja or RJ as the #2 pick. To which Zion responded "DIDN'T YOU GO TO DUKE" and ended it with a big smile. It was well handled.

Kinda' like -- WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU, BILAS ?!

Honestly I hope RJ goes to 3 so he can play in the Big Apple.
    Not that big a deal, but the question was a bit of a diss towards RJ, don't think it was really necessary.

I was most amused at how much JWill cranks his seat up, he appears to be the tallest of the group.

I wonder how Cam Reddish feels with all the pub going elsewhere ? Has to be tough for him on the outside looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    I wonder how Cam Reddish feels with all the pub going elsewhere ? Has to be tough for him on the outside looking in.
    He probably doesn't mind. He always seemed to be the shiest of the freshmen and looked quite uncomfortable during post-game interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Hopefully it motivates him to prove the critics and ignorers wrong.

Pro sports is no place for a soft ego. I am sure he can take it, but anyone who cannot has some quick growing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Hopefully it motivates him to prove the critics and ignorers wrong.

Pro sports is no place for a soft ego. I am sure [Cam] can take it, but anyone who cannot has some quick growing to do.

He can wipe his tears, which I seriously doubt he would even think of shedding, with many millions of dollars. Cam is A-OK.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    He can wipe his tears, which I seriously doubt he would even think of shedding, with many millions of dollars. Cam is A-OK.
    Yet another reason why Greenbacks>Bitcoins.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I was most amused at how much JWill cranks his seat up, he appears to be the tallest of the group.
    Careful now, Jason is a Blue Devil (even though he bizarrely seems to like UNC more at times). Still, I have to admit, you make an astute and funny observation.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    He is terrific--he somehow remains modest and inside himself while also being funny and outside of jock stereotype. And he kept it up even when he was getting the breathless "all or nothing" treatment by the media (in front of a bunch of his buddies), as if Ja or RJ would be dismal additions to any team.

Oh, and I can't remember ever watching a pro-related panel in which the 4 on-screen players and former players all went to the same college. And then they were funny (or at least the youngest one was funny). Both RJ (June) and Zion (July) will soon be 19...
    Yeah, how great if that had come up in conversation, then each showed a look of amused satisfaction, and one (perhaps Bilas) led with "Give me a D..."

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Yeah, how great if that had come up in conversation, then each showed a look of amused satisfaction, and one (perhaps Bilas) led with "Give me a D..."
    Or, "Go to Hell Carolina . . . ."