Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Hating the Cheaters is perfectly logical. They are what is wrong with sports, the NCAA and society as a whole all rolled into one nice tidy package.

What is irrational is those who like Carolina Blue. I've never understood it. Never will.
    I can understand (a little) how someone could have pulled for them back when unc had convinced folks that the “carolina way” was pure as the driven snow, and was the right way to run a collegiate athletic program. Now that their rampant cheating and lying has been exposed, I don’t understand how even unc graduates can pull for their athletic teams.

They are eating yellow snow.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Kudos to Beilein for hiring Cal coach Lindsay Gottlieb to his staff.

That hire will create another coaching opportunity for one of the women's bigger programs.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...gottlieb-staff
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Kudos to Beilein for hiring Cal coach Lindsay Gottlieb to his staff.

That hire will create another coaching opportunity for one of the women's bigger programs.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...gottlieb-staff
    Thanks for sharing - interesting. It is great that Beilein is diversifying the coaching ranks with what seems like a qualified hire. Either NBA assistants make a lot more than I thought or she took a pretty big pay cut to get this opportunity as the article says she makes roughly $700k a year.

I will give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she is not related to Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

I will give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she is not related to Doug.
    Well, the story does not quote her saying anything stupid, improving the odds the assumption is valid ...