Background Checks

Anyone here have a service they like for doing employment background checks? I don't need driving records or anything. Just basic criminal info.

Thanks

Just get them to complete the following: "Tyler Hansbrough is ____." The answer should tell you all you need to know.

We used to use Sterling Talent Solutions but now use Checkr. Both are pretty pricey (around $25 each I believe). For one client we use First Advantage, which is only around $3. That one is not a federal search so it does not always pull from every county the candidate has lived in.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    We used to use Sterling Talent Solutions but now use Checkr. Both are pretty pricey (around $25 each I believe). For one client we use First Advantage, which is only around $3. That one is not a federal search so it does not always pull from every county the candidate has lived in.
    I would like to add that Checkr can be extremely slow, depending on what counties it has to check.

Thanks. $25 seems about the average.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Thanks. $25 seems about the average.
    Overall Checkr is pretty solid. We sometimes get the results back within 5 minutes (if they have not lived in a lot of counties and have no convictions). Average turnaround is around 24-48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Anyone here have a service they like for doing employment background checks? I don't need driving records or anything. Just basic criminal info.

Thanks
    Facebook. Tells you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Assuming they have Facebook, and it isn't set to private? Also, someone could easily have a perfectly (or relatively) clean FB profile and still have a criminal record.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Assuming they have Facebook, and it isn't set to private? Also, someone could easily have a perfectly (or relatively) clean FB profile and still have a criminal record.
    Yes, but from my days in house at a temp agency fifteen years ago, you can still tell a LOT by what someone deems "ripe for public consumption."

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    So much better than my suggesting of having them strip nekkid and check for prison tats...I suppose it's a good thing I've never worked in HR

Dang it! I should have never shared the Corgi going through the Gatorade bottle mazes!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Overall Checkr is pretty solid.
    I always used Checks in the Mail.

checkbackgrounds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Dang it! I should have never shared the Corgi going through the Gatorade bottle mazes!
    But it was fun watching the Corgi - I wonder how long it took them to get him to do that.