Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Folks keep telling me it’s great and sooooo funny. I just don’t see it. But granted, I’m not sure I ever made it through even half an episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Sort of like how I feel about Seinfeld. Rarely watched it and rarely thought it was funny. LGD GTHc!
    Ummm, I'm fairly certain both shows were aimed at younger demographics though maybe Seinfeld was more on level at the time it aired.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I think it is quite possibly the single most overrated show in the history of television, and the world will be a better place when no more episodes are being produced.

I would not want to sully the good name of Duke basketball by stooping to that level.

That is all.
    Nothing can be more overrated than The Office. How people find humor on that show is beyond me.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Ummm, I'm fairly certain both shows were aimed at younger demographics though maybe Seinfeld was more on level at the time it aired.
    Oof. Seinfeld is another I've never seen the humor in, also Parks and Rec...
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Sort of like how I feel about Seinfeld. Rarely watched it and rarely thought it was funny. LGD GTHc!
    On Star Wars Day it is proper to pay tribute to TBBT. I can watch rerun after rerun and quote the dialog as I do so. Still some of the most clever dialog since MASH. Comedic timing up there with MTM shows.

But I would SO like the laugh track to disappear.

Seinfeld always gave me the feeling that the characters and writers felt superior.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    On Star Wars Day it is proper to pay tribute to TBBT. I can watch rerun after rerun and quote the dialog as I do so. Still some of the most clever dialog since MASH. Comedic timing up there with MTM shows.

But I would SO like the laugh track to disappear.

Seinfeld always gave me the feeling that the characters and writers felt superior.
    I thought you were going to say that on Star Wars Day, it is proper to pay tribute to Patton Oswald’s opus ad lib in Parks and Rec:

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I thought you were going to say that on Star Wars Day, it is proper to pay tribute to Patton Oswald’s opus ad lib in Parks and Rec:

I love all the strange things Patton Oswald shows up in.

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatians98 View Post
    Bazinga
    The Simpsons?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Same...and I may be the Jewish boy from Queens (i.e., like Seinfeld) who has never seen more than a minute or two of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Nothing can be more overrated than The Office. How people find humor on that show is beyond me.
    Not really a fan of The Office, either, although I did at least once make it through an entire episode. Can't say the same for Big Bang Theory.

For my money, The Middle was one of the funniest sitcoms of the last 15-20 years. It doesn't seem to get its due. It had no laugh track at all, either. Didn't need one, because it would actually (gasp!) make the audience at home laugh! What a concept.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Not really a fan of The Office, either, although I did at least once make it through an entire episode. Can't say the same for Big Bang Theory.

For my money, The Middle was one of the funniest sitcoms of the last 15-20 years. It doesn't seem to get its due. It had no laugh track at all, either. Didn't need one, because it would actually (gasp!) make the audience at home laugh! What a concept.
    Wasn’t The Middle basically a reboot-ish copy of Malcom in the Middle? (Which I enjoyed). That’s probably the last sitcom I watched with regularity, and I really enjoyed the lack of laugh track.

Oof. Seinfeld is another I've never seen the humor in, also Parks and Rec...
    See. It takes all types. I find Seinfeld, The Office, Parks and Rec (except the last season or two), and TBBT to be some of the most endearing and funny shows of my adult life. I have seen every single episode of them at least once (most twice or more).

I am also pleased to report that a lot lot lot of people agree with me about this as these are 4 of the most successful and iconic TV comedies with near universal praise from audiences and critics.

-Jason "19 best comedy Emmy nominations among Seinfeld, The Office, Parks and Rec, and TBBT... not too shabby" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    See. It takes all types. I find Seinfeld, The Office, Parks and Rec (except the last season or two), and TBBT to be some of the most endearing and funny shows of my adult life. I have seen every single episode of them at least once (most twice or more).

I am also pleased to report that a lot lot lot of people agree with me about this as these are 4 of the most successful and iconic TV comedies with near universal praise from audiences and critics.

-Jason "19 best comedy Emmy nominations among Seinfeld, The Office, Parks and Rec, and TBBT... not too shabby" Evans
    Hello Larry doesn’t get the respect it deserves.

I will never understand why My Mother the Car wasn't a bigger hit. It is vastly underrated.*

*No, not really. Just checking for reading comprehension.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I love all the strange things Patton Oswald shows up in.
    Patton OSWALT.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Yeah I just don't get into comedy shows in general though. TBBT is ok but the others I mentioned combined to make me laugh once and it was the office episode where they pkayed basketball.

I also seem to be only person who can't stand Friends and thought Breaking Bad was... Well bad and I saw it from start to finish. Still haven't gotten over the fly episode, might be the worst episode in my history of watching tv.

Regarding comedies though, I just don't like them in general. There are a few that I love like This is 40, The Hangover, Major Payne, and Role Models and another few I found just ok. If I want comedy I prefer it in cartoon and anime form.
    Last edited by JNort; 05-04-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Patton OSWALT.
    Sorry, I should have corrected my autocorrect. I know better.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    The Simpsons?
    F Troop

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatians98 View Post
    F Troop
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8qjxT1iIAM
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Curious if anyone else found the IT Crowd to be an equally unfunny, poorly-laughtracked show.

From what little I've seen, it's actually worse than TBBT.
    Last edited by cspan37421; 05-06-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Curious if anyone else found the IT Crowd to be an equally unfunny, poorly-laughtracked show.

From what little I've seen, it's actually worse than TBBT.
    I loved the IT Crowd, and can't make it through one episode of Big Bang.