Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

As we say goodbye to the Big Bang Theory

I'm a fan of the Big Bang Theory and always wanted to see an episode where a Duke basketball player, or Coach K, was a guest in an episode. I always thought that since the show was on CBS, that an episode with the NCAA tournament theme would happen. Unfortunately, it never did. Now that the show is ending, I was wondering if other Duke fans of the show had similar thoughts? I wanted to see Grant Hill, Laettner and perhaps a couple of Kentucky players from the 1992 team appear on the show -- since CBS has always had the signature shot from that game as part of the opening. The other person I wish had appeared on the show is Serena Williams. I would have loved to have seen her and Sheldon have a scene together.

Who would you have liked to have come on as guests on the show, and why?

This is still DBR right?

Quote Originally Posted by 1991 duke law View Post
    This is still DBR right?
    In before thread becomes circle j**** of minutes predictions.

If it was ESPN, no doubt Zion would have been in a few of the episodes.

Wasn’t Clay Buckley Sr. a rocket scientist? With NASA?

I would really have liked it if Battier had been part of The Office.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I would really have liked it if Battier had been part of The Office.
    They could've had quite a bit of fun using low camera angles...

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Wasn’t Clay Buckley Sr. a rocket scientist? With NASA?
    Jay Buckley.

What does Duke basketball have to do with The Big Bang Theory? Duke science, maybe, but basketball? I don’t see a connection. The main characters have no interest in sports, aside from Penny, who grew up on Nebraska football. Most of the guests were from academia or geek pop culture. Though they did have Rick Fox (who played a scientist) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (as himself).

The real lost opportunity was the peak era of The Simpsons.

They dealt with sports subjects in the early 1990s: pros like Griffey and Magic making guest appearances, Homer’s dream of being John Elway, the USA-hosted World Cup.

They also made a couple of jokes at the expense of Raleigh-Durham: one about the RDU airport, and one where the cities hosted a fictional Skoal Bowl in college football.

But, sadly, Duke basketball never made that particular pop culture leap. At least we have American Housewife...

If you had Charles Barkley sitting with Norm Peterson talking Celtics - you've got a show !

I think it is quite possibly the single most overrated show in the history of television, and the world will be a better place when no more episodes are being produced.

I would not want to sully the good name of Duke basketball by stooping to that level.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by rolm View Post
    I wanted to see Grant Hill, Laettner and perhaps a couple of Kentucky players from the 1992 team appear on the show -- since CBS has always had the signature shot from that game as part of the opening.
    Brings back fond memories of that time UPS almost lost the business of the entire state of Kentucky with a single ad...

...which would have been a shame because then how would they receive all those participation trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I think it is quite possibly the single most overrated show in the history of television, and the world will be a better place when no more episodes are being produced.

I would not want to sully the good name of Duke basketball by stooping to that level.

That is all.
    Bazinga

Thanks Guys....when I saw the thread title I thought ...WTF
    Only just now opened it....I can rest now....all is STILL well here 😍😍

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Brings back fond memories of that time UPS almost lost the business of the entire state of Kentucky with a single ad...

...which would have been a shame because then how would they receive all those participation trophies.
    UPS could safely run those ads because everybody knows that Emery Air Freight was the official express mail carrier for the UK basketball program!

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ING-MONEY.html

Edit: Apparently, Emery Air Freight was later acquired by UPS. Not sure what implications that has for my cheap joke.

That is all.
    Agreed. Flipping through channels, I caught 30 second snippets a few times, and it made me want to throw things at the TV.

That is all.
    Some cheeky youtuber edited out the canned laughter in one of the episodes of this show and it made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Some cheeky youtuber edited out the canned laughter in one of the episodes of this show and it made my day.
    Doing that for any show reveals a degree of awkwardness in how the humor lands, but I can see how it would be particularly acute for BBT. Their canned laughter sounds like the cheapest, least realistic of any sitcom I've heard. It's a very noticeable and forced cue.

That is all.
    Folks keep telling me it’s great and sooooo funny. I just don’t see it. But granted, I’m not sure I ever made it through even half an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Folks keep telling me it’s great and sooooo funny. I just don’t see it. But granted, I’m not sure I ever made it through even half an episode.
    Sort of like how I feel about Seinfeld. Rarely watched it and rarely thought it was funny. LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com