Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I loved the IT Crowd, and can't make it through one episode of Big Bang.
    I love Big Bang and have never heard of the IT Crowd. What network is that on?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

British show availabile on Netflix. Great cast. I would watch Matt Berry act in just about anything. He makes me laugh.

British show availabile on Netflix. Great cast. I would watch Matt Berry act in just about anything. He makes me laugh.
    IT Crowd is actually good
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Thanks. I'll check it out.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

I for one enjoyed the show. I wouldn't say it was the best show I've ever seen, but for a few years it was a can't miss for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Doing that for any show reveals a degree of awkwardness in how the humor lands, but I can see how it would be particularly acute for BBT. Their canned laughter sounds like the cheapest, least realistic of any sitcom I've heard. It's a very noticeable and forced cue.
    The really weird thing is they had a making of after the final episode, and every episode was actually filmed in front of a live audience. They even showed everyone laughing at the jokes! They didn’t even have laugh cue cards, at least not in the snippets they showed.

I just looked it up, and oddly, they did have a laugh track to “enhance” the audience laughter because they didn’t have audience microphones so the show didn’t pick up the laughter well. Doubly weird.

My wife was an addict...and while I was not that, it was a very clever show. I saw the finale last night. Not a bad wrap up. I hope the studio audience realizes they didn't ACTUALLY win the Nobel for Physics! I like how the show would from time to time poke fun at the incompetence and greed of "big eduction establishment." That's accurate to real life.

Still hard to buy Leonard and Penny as couple.

I'll watch the heck out of the reruns.
    Bbt was my comfort food of shows.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    I'll watch the heck out of the reruns.
    Bbt was my comfort food of shows.
    I'll continue to watch 'em, also. I have been doing so for years. I enjoyed the last show. And the Sheldon episode, which tied into the last BBT nicely.

I gave up on the Big Bang thing a few years back...😞😞

I've mainly watched the re-runs and only an occasional current episode. They re-aired the finale on Monday and I caught all but the first 10minutes or so. I will need to try to find the first 10 minutes - I want to see them get the call about winning the Nobel Prize.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I will need to try to find the first 10 minutes - I want to see them get the call about winning the Nobel Prize.
    Dude!!!!! Spoiler alert much!??!

Kidding...

Watch this video quickly... before CBS/YouTube take it down. It is the first 3 minutes of the episode where they win the Nobel.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Dude!!!!! Spoiler alert much!??!

Kidding...

Watch this video quickly... before CBS/YouTube take it down. It is the first 3 minutes of the episode where they win the Nobel.

Sorry I didn't give a spoiler alert - I figured I might be the last person who had any interest at all to see the episode. Plus, I had already heard/read about the prize.

The video is still up at 4:00 pm EDT.

Yes I saw it live, but Leonard has waited so long for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    ... but Leonard has waited so long for the moment.
    And haven't we all????

I'm just glad they got the elevator fixed. Twenty, thirty years from now, some of these folks are going to find the stairs a bit much.

Not trying to derail the thread, but in response to some of the comments about other shows... I don't see how anyone could watch The Office and not find it funny. I'll admit, it helps to watch it from the beginning and let the characters build. Once you do this, every episode is funny to me (except some of the last episodes when Michael wasn't on the show).

And there are so many funny hidden gems in each episode. I've seen many episodes 4 or 5 times, and I seem to always find something I missed before. As someone else coined it up thread,

And speaking of final episodes, the final episode of The Office was to me, one of the best I've ever seen.