Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Livingston.

Jordan Tucker came pretty close.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Humphries was for sure a none-and-done. Wasn't Carrick Felix one of those, too?
    I forgot about Livingston. Did he sign an LOI? Partial credit for Tucker. Felix sounds right, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Seems like Boogie wouldn't have played PG regardless of Tre's decision. We would have gone pretty hard after RJ Hampton if Tre had gone pro.
    Yes, but big difference Tre, a pure point, versus RJ who is also a combo. Easier sell on RJ / Boogie ball-handling duo than Tre / Boogie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukebasketball2020 View Post
    Losing Ellis is going to hurt our team he would have been the best 3-Point shooter on our roster
    Unproven on the college level, and unproven against Duke-level competition.

Decommitting

The only known cure for Boogie Fever.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    I don't really worry about 2020-2021 with this news. In this OAD, transfer, Grad-transfer era you can build/rebuild your team in weeks (look at UNC adding 4 dudes since mid-April). I'm kinda more interested in what Bolden/DeLaurier do because this team could use experience and size.
    Could not agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Captain Jack will come through.

Maybe this is the year Coach K goes with 8-9 man rotation.
    Captain Jack will get you high tonight. And, hopefully, find his long-lost shot.

No, this will not be the year K goes with an 8-9 man rotation. Would be nice, but it’s kinda not his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    I don't really worry about 2020-2021 with this news. In this OAD, transfer, Grad-transfer era you can build/rebuild your team in weeks (look at UNC adding 4 dudes since mid-April). I'm kinda more interested in what Bolden/DeLaurier do because this team could use experience and size.
    Still, continuity is huge for deep postseason runs. Most of the teams who have made the Final Four in recent memory had guys who had stuck around and played together for at least 2-3 years. I had envisioned Boogie Ellis as a 3-4 year player capable of putting up big scoring numbers. So much for that.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Demarcus Nelson worked out ok... Olek Czyz did not
    Were you not entertained by Olek?

Curley Bill, from "Tombstone". "Well, bye"..

I doubt we will.but I'd love to get a grad transfer at the 4 /small 5 spot.just for injury depth.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    I doubt we will.but I'd love to get a grad transfer at the 4 /small 5 spot.just for injury depth.
    I would assume we will have one, if not both, of the senior-to-be bigs returning. As of now, depth in the frontcourt (or anywhere, actually) is not a concern for me. I am more interested now in having continuity players in both the frontcourt and backcourt for the following season. Right now it looks like we will have some guards and at least one wing back for 2021, but likely no frontcourt guys.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Yes, isn't that interesting, how quiet that front has been.
    Yeah, too quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Curley Bill, from "Tombstone". "Well, bye"..
    I got you.

I'm bummed; my wife said that Boogie reminded her a little of Quinn (her favorite non-Grayson Dukie) and that has stuck in my head ever since. Best of luck to the young man wherever he lands.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I would assume we will have one, if not both, of the senior-to-be bigs returning. As of now, depth in the frontcourt (or anywhere, actually) is not a concern for me. I am more interested now in having continuity players in both the frontcourt and backcourt for the following season. Right now it looks like we will have some guards and at least one wing back for 2021, but likely no frontcourt guys.
    I'm very concerned about Bolden. Not that I know anything .I just believe he has a unlocked mode of talent that the NBA will see .
    Also does this effect hampton?

I'm very concerned about Bolden. Not that I know anything .I just believe he has a unlocked mode of talent that the NBA will see .
    I think we will be fine as long as at least one of Bolden and DeLaurier returns.

I don’t think Ellis’ decision has any impact on Hampton’s decision. I think, as Jim Sumner suggested, the late full-court press for Stanley was an effect of the fact that Hampton probably wasn’t coming. I think that ultimately Tre Jones’ return is what sealed that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    What happened to sitting as a Freshman and being patient enough to develop into an actual pro prospect? These kids just think because they are ranked they deserve to be drafted. Its crazy.
    That went out the window around the same time my six pack abs and hair disappeared. So yeah, it's been awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Seems like Boogie wouldn't have played PG regardless of Tre's decision. We would have gone pretty hard after RJ Hampton if Tre had gone pro.
    Doesn’t mean Duke would’ve gotten him.

Has Bolden even gotten an invite to the G League Combine? Not that I heard. Might still come safe to say he’s not getting one to the NBA combine.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    The only known cure for Boogie Fever.
    I thought he was our boogie man. Guess that’s not what he am.

wow. this drops our class rank down to. oops 😇 still # 1
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese