Banghart to Replace Hatchell

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    One cheater thread is enough...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

She is very well respected in the WBB community.

I feel like they just stole one of the best fits for our program. Good program builders can be lost by waiting around for a buyout to decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by dukejim1 View Post
    I feel like they just stole one of the best fits for our program. Good program builders can be lost by waiting around for a buyout to decrease.
    How much longer is McCallie's contract?

Duke needs someone like Courtney Banghart. I wonder if Katie Meyer at Miami has any interest in the Duke program where she used to play in the Debbie Leonard days

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    How much longer is McCallie's contract?

Two years.

Anyone know the last time Princeton and Banghart beat a Top 25 team?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Two years.
    Well then, this upcoming season would seem to have some urgency in result then.

I am not against McCallie and I really dislike discussions of this sort during the actual season. It seems an appropriate off-season issue though, and I guess Dr. White is gonna let it ride another year at least. So . . . on we go.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Duke needs someone like Courtney Banghart. I wonder if Katie Meyer at Miami has any interest in the Duke program where she used to play in the Debbie Leonard days
    Banghart was smart enough to recruit Bella Alarie...just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Banghart was smart enough to recruit Bella Alarie...just sayin...
    McCallie could have played a role in that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dukejim1 View Post
    McCallie could have played a role in that decision.
    From what people have said on this forum, people who are in the know on this stuff (I am not) - McCallie's role is that she didn't recruit Alarie at all, and someone even said Mark Alarie had tried to bring his daughter to someone's attention at Duke. Simply on Alarie's place in the history of the program, that should have been given a serious look.

Again, going by what's been said here over last several months in the various McCallie WBB threads.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    From what people have said on this forum, people who are in the know on this stuff (I am not) - McCallie's role is that she didn't recruit Alarie at all, and someone even said Mark Alarie had tried to bring his daughter to someone's attention at Duke. Simply on Alarie's place in the history of the program, that should have been given a serious look.

Again, going by what's been said here over last several months in the various McCallie WBB threads.
    2 more years of average basketball. Kevin White is the best AD in the nation, but he really needs to begin a search for a great charismatic women's basketball coach. He does not need to undermine Coach McCallie but Duke will not stand a chance against Notre Dame and Louisville in the current state of the program. Gorecki is great.Odom can be great. Goodchild and James have very good potential. The new class coming in sounds promising,but to get to a higher plane Duke program needs a dynamic coach that the elite want to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    2 more years of average basketball. Kevin White is the best AD in the nation, but he really needs to begin a search for a great charismatic women's basketball coach. He does not need to undermine Coach McCallie but Duke will not stand a chance against Notre Dame and Louisville in the current state of the program. Gorecki is great.Odom can be great. Goodchild and James have very good potential. The new class coming in sounds promising,but to get to a higher plane Duke program needs a dynamic coach that the elite want to play for.

Yea, IMHO, at the top level of Division 1 college sports - both men's and women's - it's about 75% recruiting and 25% "coaching" (and running the program).