Page 63 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2763

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I'm not sure why, but I've always chuckled at the name Deltlef Schremph.

And his German colleague Uwe Blab who played high school ball for the Effingham Flaming Hearts.
    Chris Berman used to call Blab the center with the science fiction name. Did not know that he played in Effingham, but I bet he was effing good in high school.

UVA basketball lands its first commitment in the class of 2023 from 3 star, 6’10” forward Blake Buchanan (@blake_buchanan4), the No. 1-ranked player in Idaho. Committed to Virginia over Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    UVA basketball lands its first commitment in the class of 2023 from 3 star, 6’10” forward Blake Buchanan (@blake_buchanan4), the No. 1-ranked player in Idaho. Committed to Virginia over Gonzaga.
    Hmm, not sure what we’re supposed to take from UVA getting a 3-star recruit. If they had landed a top 10 ranked 5-star I could see it being of some interest, but a 3-star? Perhaps there’s something else of note about this particular player of which I’m unaware?

Or maybe I’m just spoiled by Duke’s outrageous recruiting success and you should pay me no mind. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Hmm, not sure what we’re supposed to take from UVA getting a 3-star recruit. If they had landed a top 10 ranked 5-star I could see it being of some interest, but a 3-star? Perhaps there’s something else of note about this particular player of which I’m unaware?

Or maybe I’m just spoiled by Duke’s outrageous recruiting success and you should pay me no mind. 😉
    Tempting fate, I see. Look at this guy! He eats celestial grapes and already has a national championship trophy!

blakebuchanan.jpg

Tony Bennett is going to coach this guy up, and he's going to dominate when Duke plays Virginia in the 2025-26 and 2026-27 seasons. He'll stay with the Hoos and be named ACC Player of the Year, then Big Ten Player of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Tempting fate, I see. Look at this guy! He eats celestial grapes and already has a national championship trophy!

blakebuchanan.jpg

Tony Bennett is going to coach this guy up, and he's going to dominate when Duke plays Virginia in the 2025-26 and 2026-27 seasons. He'll stay with the Hoos and be named ACC Player of the Year, then Big Ten Player of the Year.
    And be the first to make 10M a year in NIL from the Virginia Wine industry.

Buchanan took an official visit to UVA in the first week of May and announced a top two of Virginia and Gonzaga on June 23rd. At the NBPA Top 100 Camp last week, Buchanan had one of the strongest performances and drew the attention of several programs. Currently ranked the No. 107 overall player in the class of 2023, his ranking is expected to rise drastically in the coming months.

247Sports' Eric Bossi had this to say about Buchanan after watching him play live in Kansas City in April:
    "Buchanan is wiry strong, has good length, runs exceptionally well, and can move laterally. He’ll easily carry more weight on his frame without costing himself athleticism and then he’s got skill to go with his physical tools. Playing for Hooptown, he posted comfortably on either block, scored over both shoulders, showed a nice jump hook, altered shots, and climbed the ladder for an impressive tip dunk."

Buchanan took an official visit to UVA in the first week of May and announced a top two of Virginia and Gonzaga on June 23rd. At the NBPA Top 100 Camp last week, Buchanan had one of the strongest performances and drew the attention of several programs. Currently ranked the No. 107 overall player in the class of 2023, his ranking is expected to rise drastically in the coming months.

247Sports' Eric Bossi had this to say about Buchanan after watching him play live in Kansas City in April:
    "Buchanan is wiry strong, has good length, runs exceptionally well, and can move laterally. He’ll easily carry more weight on his frame without costing himself athleticism and then he’s got skill to go with his physical tools. Playing for Hooptown, he posted comfortably on either block, scored over both shoulders, showed a nice jump hook, altered shots, and climbed the ladder for an impressive tip dunk."
    See? I had a feeling there was more to this story than meets the eye. Thanks for the additional info.

Sounds like he’s going to be a valuable 4-year player. Those are the kinds of guys Duke needs to supplement the elite talent.

GG Jackson potentially decommiting according to KeepItHeel and smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Link?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Link?
    Found it. https://keepingitheel.com/2022/07/04...recent-rumors/
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Geez, you got our hopes up only to have them dashed a short while later by the link chrishoke provided.

This is July 4, not April 1. 😞

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Geez, you got our hopes up only to have them dashed a short while later by the link chrishoke provided.

Yeah...bummer.
    On Instagram live, the No. 1 player in the Class of 2023 stated multiple times that he is still fully committed to the UNC basketball program. He added that the reports of him wavering on his commitment were rumors.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

There is more than a year left before he steps on campus. I think due to his breakout performance recently his parents might be thinking of skipping college.

There is more than a year left before he steps on campus. I think due to his breakout performance recently his parents might be thinking of skipping college.
    Well, the word was that his family was thinking about reclassifying which would allow him to go to college (or some other pre-NBA pro league) and enter the 2023 draft.

I will say that moving into the 2023 draft seems like a sorta dicey move as Victor Whambamthankyoumam and Scoot Henderson are somewhat seen as locks to go #1 and #2.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Certainly a lot of chatter around GG Jackson de-committing and going to South Carolina.

Also - 2023 prospect JP Estrella had a nice performance over the weekend at the NBPA camp. Both Adam Rowe (7) and John Watson (6) registered crystal ball picks for Estrella to commit to Duke.

and #2 overall Ian Jackson, SG in the 2024 class thinking of possibly reclassifying according to 247?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, the word was that his family was thinking about reclassifying which would allow him to go to college (or some other pre-NBA pro league) and enter the 2023 draft.

I will say that moving into the 2023 draft seems like a sorta dicey move as Victor Whambamthankyoumam and Scoot Henderson are somewhat seen as locks to go #1 and #2.
    To be fair though, committing to UNC was already a dicey move for one who is concerned about his draft stock.

Other than Luke Ridnour, from Coeur d'Alene and then the U. of Oregon, who had an OK journeyman NBA career, the state of Idaho hasn't produced a solid high major player, much less an NBA player, in decades. I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Other than Luke Ridnour, from Coeur d'Alene and then the U. of Oregon, who had an OK journeyman NBA career, the state of Idaho hasn't produced a solid high major player, much less an NBA player, in decades. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Well, Canada has become a hoops hotbed and Duke has found two high-level prospects in Maine. There is hope for Idaho.