Page 13 of 139 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    ESPN updated its rankings for the HS Class of 2023. I'm not sure where they were ranked before, but here are the players Duke has offered or targeted:

https://twitter.com/SCNext/status/1483813586648580102

3. 6'8" F Mackenzie Mgbako - Offered, visited in the fall of 2021, high priority recruit
    7. 6'8" F GG Jackson - Offered, visiting weekend of 1/21-22, considered a Carolina lean but you never know
    9. 6'9" G/F Matas Buzelis - Offered, no visit date scheduled, high priority recruit, a "unicorn" that can handle, play any position 1-4
    13. 6'8" F Sean Stewart - Committed, athletic forward with developing skills
    19. 6'5" G Caleb Foster - Committed, some chatter about him reclassifying to the Class of 2022
    22. 6'2" G Jared McCain - Offered, visiting weekend of 2/5-6, considered a high-level scorer with pure shooting stroke
    36. 6'8" Taylor Bol Bowen - Offered, had to reschedule a visit, long, athletic forward with good-looking shooting form
    43. 6'2" G Bronny James - Not offered, appears to be interested in Duke

Stewart is a big riser in this class. I wonder what his commitment means for Bowen since they would both compete for a forward position. If, for example, Mark Mitchell sticks around for a sophomore season, would Bowen or Stewart get much playing time? It's hard to project these things with the turnover from year-to-year.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    ESPN updated its rankings for the HS Class of 2023. I'm not sure where they were ranked before, but here are the players Duke has offered or targeted:

https://twitter.com/SCNext/status/1483813586648580102

3. 6'8" F Mackenzie Mgbako - Offered, visited in the fall of 2021, high priority recruit
    7. 6'8" F GG Jackson - Offered, visiting weekend of 1/21-22, considered a Carolina lean but you never know
    9. 6'9" G/F Matas Buzelis - Offered, no visit date scheduled, high priority recruit, a "unicorn" that can handle, play any position 1-4
    13. 6'8" F Sean Stewart - Committed, athletic forward with developing skills
    19. 6'5" G Caleb Foster - Committed, some chatter about him reclassifying to the Class of 2022
    22. 6'2" G Jared McCain - Offered, visiting weekend of 2/5-6, considered a high-level scorer with pure shooting stroke
    36. 6'8" Taylor Bol Bowen - Offered, had to reschedule a visit, long, athletic forward with good-looking shooting form
    43. 6'2" G Bronny James - Not offered, appears to be interested in Duke

Stewart is a big riser in this class. I wonder what his commitment means for Bowen since they would both compete for a forward position. If, for example, Mark Mitchell sticks around for a sophomore season, would Bowen or Stewart get much playing time? It's hard to project these things with the turnover from year-to-year.
    More than just chatter about him possibly reclassifying:
    https://247sports.com/college/basket...art-180960469/
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Does anyone know Caleb Foster's age/birthday? Some of these reclass kids end up arriving in school at a young enough age that they must play two years. Emoni Bates was born in Jan of 2004, meaning he will only be 18 this year and making him ineligible for the 2022 NBA draft.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    More than just chatter about him possibly reclassifying:
    https://247sports.com/college/basket...art-180960469/
    I have a friend in the Concord area that knows the family. Hearing that the decision at this point will be to stay in the 23 class. He's forming a bond with several other recruits in that class that are considered strong Duke leans.

Quote Originally Posted by devilnfla View Post
    I have a friend in the Concord area that knows the family. Hearing that the decision at this point will be to stay in the 23 class. He's forming a bond with several other recruits in that class that are considered strong Duke leans.
    I have no inside info on this, but it seems like the decision will depend somewhat upon Roach. If, for some reason, he decides to leave then Duke has a backup option. If he stays then Foster enjoys a fabulous senior season in high school.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I was firmly in the camp of "stay in 2023" for Caleb Foster but have softened on that position somewhat lately. I view him as more or less what the coaching staff saw in JJ Starling, a guard that could play a couple positions and make outside shots. If he comes to Duke this summer, then I hope he's prepared to come off the bench for some or all of next season. If he stays in the Class of 2023, then that's a great outcome as well as it means Duke's PG situation is lined up for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I have no inside info on this, but it seems like the decision will depend somewhat upon Roach. If, for some reason, he decides to leave then Duke has a backup option. If he stays then Foster enjoys a fabulous senior season in high school.
    Why are they mutually exclusive? Roach and Jaylen Blakes are the only PGs on the roster next year . . . Shouldn't it be a priority to get another guard who can compete for PG minutes, in case either of those guys have to miss time or just aren't playing well? Also, Foster is a big guy who could play off ball or as a secondary ball handler. I think we need at least 1 more guard. Right now our best players on next year's roster are a bunch of tall to really tall wings and bigs.
    Last edited by kAzE; 01-20-2022 at 06:34 PM.

GG Jackson was visiting Duke over the weekend and saw the Blue Devils win big against Syracuse. He spent a good amount of time in the student section and hanging around Class of 2023 commit Sean Stewart. Jackson posted a few photos on his instagram account on Sunday, including the one below.

A screen shot of another pic, with a couple of interesting comments from another top priority recruit.

Nice that GG had a good visit, but with some degree of uncertainty about Flip and Mitchell being OAD, I think GG may be a tougher sell (though I am sur Scheyer can find room for a pogo stick big with an endless motor no matter who else is on the roster). Plus, everyone... I mean everyone... seems to think GG is going to pick the Tarheels.

Panicked Duke fan: Does this mean Mackenzie Mgbako is leaning toward UNC?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Nice that GG had a good visit, but with some degree of uncertainty about Flip and Mitchell being OAD, I think GG may be a tougher sell (though I am sur Scheyer can find room for a pogo stick big with an endless motor no matter who else is on the roster). Plus, everyone... I mean everyone... seems to think GG is going to pick the Tarheels.

Panicked Duke fan: Does this mean Mackenzie Mgbako is leaning toward UNC?!?!
    Did GG tell Hubert to "save 23 for me"?

What about a new 2024 offer. First name was Naas.
    https://twitter.com/NaasCunningham

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    What about a new 2024 offer. First name was Naas.
    https://twitter.com/NaasCunningham
    That's in the Class of 2024 recruiting thread.

Interesting development in the recruiting world. Steve Clark of The Devil's Den notes that Duke is interested in Tyrese Proctor. From what I have found online, Proctor is a 6'4" PG. His father was American and played professionally down under.

https://twitter.com/SteveClarkTDD/st...77538459860992

Interesting development in the recruiting world. Steve Clark of The Devil's Den notes that Duke is interested in Tyrese Proctor. From what I have found online, Proctor is a 6'4" PG. His father was American and played professionally down under.
    Sure makes it seem like Caleb Foster is looking more and more like a reclass candidate... or that Duke wants 2 elite PGs out of the same class (Duke has certainly played 2 PGs together in the past).

https://twitter.com/SteveClarkTDD/st...77538459860992

Kyrie 2.0?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

New Offer Alert: Tyrese Proctor

According to his twitter account, Australian PG Tyrese Proctor has received an offer from Duke University. He feels blessed.

https://twitter.com/TyreseProctor/st...63635701686273

This is moving fast.

According to his twitter account, Australian PG Tyrese Proctor has received an offer from Duke University. He feels blessed.

https://twitter.com/TyreseProctor/st...63635701686273

This is moving fast.
    Wonder what this means w/r/t where Duke stands with McCain (who is very good). Don't really see Foster as a one-and-done, and especially if he reclasses.

Does anybody NOT feel “blessed” when they receive an offer?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Does anybody NOT feel “blessed” when they receive an offer?
    Approximately the same number of folks who didn't have great visits.