Page 123 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2763
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    If it is something that was meant to remain private, that could be a couple of things. Rather than speculating on this, I think it would be best to just respect that and move on. All the best to Mgbako and his family.
    It could have totally being Mark Mitchell returning. That certainly makes more sense from a position redundancy POV.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Also when it comes to decommits we can't forget Tyler Adams, he of cinderblock fame.
    Why did you have to remind me of that painful memory? Did you consider also mentioning Shabazz Muhammad, Kevon Looney, Tony Parker, and Kevin Knox? 😉

This fits here as well as any other current thread.
    https://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...pearances.html

A prominent Syracuse booster said he will no longer provide NIL money to Cuse athletes.

Earlier this year, Weitsman said he would pay more than $2 million in NIL deals to current and future Syracuse athletes. But the NCAA has started cracking down on NIL, and while Weitsman says that he would ensure he’s not putting the school in danger of violations, some experts told syracuse.com that his actions might be enough to trigger an NCAA inquiry.

Coach K warned for years that the NCAA had to get ahead of this, but instead they removed restrictions with virtually no guidance whatsoever. It will be interesting to see if they are able to regain any control now that the genie is out of the bottle. I think Duke can flourish in a system where players earn money through their name, image and likeness due to the program's high profile. I am less optimistic about a straight pay for play that depends on direct payments that are unconnected to any actual value beyond what a booster is willing to pay for a winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    It could have totally being Mark Mitchell returning. That certainly makes more sense from a position redundancy POV.
    That's possible. The timing certainly makes it seem like it's a playing time/roster fit issue. On the other hand, if he wanted to make it seem like a playing time/roster fit issue, today would have been a great day to announce his request to be released from his NLI. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter as he appears to be headed elsewhere. All the best to him.

Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post
    If the rumor and scuttlebutt have any validity, its going to be really disappointing, and not so much on MgBako's part. Seeing where he actually goes will say a lot as far as that rumor has any weight.
    Does it have anything to do with this?

https://twitter.com/TheBigRedLouie/s...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Quote Originally Posted by Southgate0809 View Post

I wouldn't expect a full reunion of the 2010 championship team anytime soon (if true I should say). People make up stuff all the time so I don't know, but smoke and fire and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Southgate0809 View Post

I have to admit: part of me wants to see Mgbako go to Louisville. it would be a nice pickup for Nolan’s team and they definitely need help to improve over this past year.

Plus he would not be playing for the Heels. We need the rest of the ACC to get better, but I’m fine if Carolina doesn’t add a key piece to their roster.
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    ...but I’m fine if Carolina doesn’t add a key piece to their roster.
    If Mbagko goes the Heels, I expect us to sweep them again. Our guys would be fired up to beat them.

If Mbagko goes the Heels, I expect us to sweep them again. Our guys would be fired up to beat them.
    When was the last time Duke swept Carolina two years in a row? Honestly asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I had looked up the head to head recently for the last 30 years or so. I think twice we had beaten them 4 times in a row. Those may have included wins in the conference tournament. UNC never beat us 4 times in a row during that span. We were also the most recent team to win 3 in a row in the rivalry.

Power will get more PT . He is a very accurate perimeter shooter

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Power is 6'10 210 according to Rivals. He'll put on 20-30 lbs like Lively or Dariq did, and be able to play some stretch 5 in spot minutes.

The Brady Manek replacement that UNC missed out on?

1998-99 and 1999-00

Duke won a lot of games against UNC in the late 90s-early 2000's but only in those two years did Duke sweep both years. Between 2/28/98 (the Wojo/Coach K hug game) and 2/9/2005, Duke won 16 of 20 games in the series.

The last time Duke won 4 in a row was between 3/8/2014 and 2/17/2016 (the Brandon Ingram/Grayson Allen game at the Dean Dome)

Power is 6'10 210 according to Rivals. He'll put on 20-30 lbs like Lively or Dariq did, and be able to play some stretch 5 in spot minutes.
    And Scott Pollard would like him to pitch when basketball season ends. Dick Groat baseball-basketball

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    1998-99 and 1999-00

Duke won a lot of games against UNC in the late 90s-early 2000's but only in those two years did Duke sweep both years. Between 2/28/98 (the Wojo/Coach K hug game) and 2/9/2005, Duke won 16 of 20 games in the series.

The last time Duke won 4 in a row was between 3/8/2014 and 2/17/2016 (the Brandon Ingram/Grayson Allen game at the Dean Dome)
    Good times, DBA!

if you look at the make up for Duke's roster it is being made to win with not only shooting but scoring and depth. Power is older than most Fr and he adds to the team in many ways. Shooting yes, but he's a very good passer and he is a tough/gritty player. I think he fits for what Scheyer is looking for.

Duke is "only" missing 2 ideal things:
    A starting rim protector 5 and that athletic wing who comes in off the bench.

The portal will be active and we will have to wait and see what happens.

And Scott Pollard would like him to pitch when basketball season ends. Dick Groat baseball-basketball
    Don't you mean Chris Pollard?

Looks like it was 1998-99 and 1999-00 years. Battier and Williams had a pretty good record against Carolina, with that home loss Battier’s senior year the fly in the pudding. Duke actually ran off five wins in a row over the 2000-01, 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons, but only swept UNC in 01-02.
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Mosaicing from various depths of the interwebs, a loose consensus appears to suggest Mgbako did not back out because of Flip returning (others here have said the same). The Mgbako/Flip announcements seem coincidental as far as I can tell.

It appears that something happened that is intended to remain nonpublic (by both Mgbako and Duke). I'll leave it there since I can only speculate what this means.

- Chillin
    Looks like my angst this morning about Mack walking away was mis-targeted. Still frustrating....what might have been and whathaveyou.

I will now turn my angst to hoping that any center Scheyer brings in from the portal doesnt push Christian Reeves away.