Page 115 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2763
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    From 247: https://247sports.com/college/basket...ded-207459179/

Nice quote (emphasis mine):
    I remember a lot of posters in this thread couldn't believe that Duke was going to hold onto recruits for 2 or more years. It's a new era. Some of them are going to go pro every year, but we can get to know some of these recruits coming through Duke. The era of 5 or 7 in/5 or 7 out every year is on pause or over.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    I remember a lot of posters in this thread couldn't believe that Duke was going to hold onto recruits for 2 or more years. It's a new era. Some of them are going to go pro every year, but we can get to know some of these recruits coming through Duke. The era of 5 or 7 in/5 or 7 out every year is on pause or over.
    You also love the way these kids talk about Scheyer in such glowing terms. It seems like the genuinely love the guy. If Kyle returns, for instance, you could argue a huge part of that decision would be driven by his relationship with Scheyer given his current draft stock. Sounds like McCain could be another one of those types of guys.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

You also love the way these kids talk about Scheyer in such glowing terms. It seems like the genuinely love the guy. If Kyle returns, for instance, you could argue a huge part of that decision would be driven by his relationship with Scheyer given his current draft stock. Sounds like McCain could be another one of those types of guys.
    Man, I am desperately trying my best not to believe that Flip might return. But I swear, you guys are making it really difficult!!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Man, I am desperately trying my best not to believe that Flip might return. But I swear, you guys are making it really difficult!!!! Lol
    Scott and I are the optimists on the board. Maybe some pessimists can talk you down.

Scott and I are the optimists on the board. Maybe some pessimists can talk you down.
    I thought I was the pessimist??!

I thought I was the pessimist??!
    Seek out a mirror and have a heart-to-heart, I guess?

Seek out a mirror and have a heart-to-heart, I guess?
    "Self, I know you're in there somewhere..."

Alright, alright...enough of the nonsense. Back to watching for breaking news.

Stewart is standing next to MacKenzie(6'8) and Matas Buzelis 6'10. He is listed as 6'8 but it's clear that he is closer in height to Matas than to MacKenzie. My suspicion is that his given height is bare feet height while MacKenzie listed his effective height with shoes.

For DBR older timers that'll be 4 cinder blocks from tootsies to noggin.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Stewart is standing next to MacKenzie(6'8) and Matas Buzelis 6'10. He is listed as 6'8 but it's clear that he is closer in height to Matas than to MacKenzie. My suspicion is that his given height is bare feet height while MacKenzie listed his effective height with shoes.

I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are referring to. Number, please?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are referring to. Number, please?
    Stewart is behind 8 and 3. Mbagko is on the left of Stewart, Matas on the right. Matas is the only Caucasian on the East team.

Stewart is behind 8 and 3. Mbagko is on the left of Stewart, Matas on the right. Matas is the only Caucasian on the East team.
    Thanks. FWIW, I always stood on tiptoe in team pictures.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

My somewhat second hand but reliable inside knowledge is that the recent players respected K but felt K was very tough on them behind the scenes. We have the somewhat recent Jayson Tatum relaying the story that K told him in the locker room“ You soft a** St. Louis kid, I should've left you in St. Louis“. I doubt Scheyer has lashed out that way. Every coach is different.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    My somewhat second hand but reliable inside knowledge is that the recent players respected K but felt K was very tough on them behind the scenes. We have the somewhat recent Jayson Tatum relaying the story that K told him in the locker room“ You soft a** St. Louis kid, I should've left you in St. Louis“. I doubt Scheyer has lashed out that way. Every coach is different.
    Perhaps Scheyer isn't as... curt... as Coach K was, but he seems to have an edge. He kicked Filipowski out of practice last summer and seems to have both developed a strong relationship with the young man but one where he feels comfortable with being direct. I remember an exchange from a YouTube video the social media posted of the two where Flip said something like "you were really riding my a** about that." and Scheyer said "That's coaching. And you were willing to be coached." I really enjoyed that moment in the video.

YMMV, but I don’t see that as “it’s clear” that Stewart is closer in height to Buzelis than Mgbako. It’s clear that the top of his hair is closer in height to the top of Buzelis’ hair. But it isn’t clear that his actual height is closer to Buzelis than Mgbako.

Jared McCain is starting for the West squad in the McD's game and already has a couple of buckets. One was a mid-range jumper as the play broke down and the other was a nice little hesitation move at the rim. He looks like a decent-sized guard. I don't know if he is 6'4" but he is solid, one of the bigger guards in the game, and has a good understanding of where to be and when to make a move.

No one has really impressed me so far. McCain looked good on his two baskets. Bronny hit a couple of 3s and Collier had some strong moves. None of the inside guys look very polished.

Holloway with a long 3 to end the quarter and has 10 points.

As is usually the case in these games, not a lot of passing. I've seen Mgbako flash into the post, get behind the defense for an open lob, and float out to the perimeter for an open look but the ball is sticking in the hands of the guards. If you aren't getting an offensive rebound, you aren't getting the ball.

I know its been mentioned before, but McCain looks solidly built. He's shown a couple flashes getting to the mid range that felt Proctor-esque

I know its been mentioned before, but McCain looks solidly built. He's shown a couple flashes getting to the mid range that felt Proctor-esque
    Agreed. He looks very comfortable with the ball in his hand and keeping the defender (as much as there is defense in this game) on his hip.

Agreed. He looks very comfortable with the ball in his hand and keeping the defender (as much as there is defense in this game) on his hip.
    Yes. And between his size, and Foster's size, and Proctors size...I'm salivating lol.