Page 110 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2763
    I'm gonna put this in the 2023 thread because GG Jackson was originally a 2023 recruit.

Check out this video GG posted... seems he is not happy at South Carolina: https://twitter.com/TheSpursUpShow/s...28386162835460

Of course, no one forced GG to pick a program that had been to exactly two NCAA tournaments in the past 25 years. I mean, you go to South Carolina for basketball, you can't be all that surprised that your teammates stink and you can't win meaningful games.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm gonna put this in the 2023 thread because GG Jackson was originally a 2023 recruit.

Check out this video GG posted... seems he is not happy at South Carolina: https://twitter.com/TheSpursUpShow/s...28386162835460

Of course, no one forced GG to pick a program that had been to exactly two NCAA tournaments in the past 25 years. I mean, you go to South Carolina for basketball, you can't be all that surprised that your teammates stink and you can't win meaningful games.
    I would hope that if any Duke player posted anything like that, they would be immediately dismissed from the team (or at least suspended for a time). Yeah, he picked poorly, but that's not what you do about it.

Well

Imagine how unhappy he'd be at UNC!

South Carolina remains #1 in all the polls, and just crushed #3 LSU by 24 points.

Not sure what the problem is.

Oh, that's right, GG plays for the men's team, where he is their best player but was brought in off the bench in the Ole Miss game (maybe the tweet wasn't helpful to his PT). But SC did get the upset, though the headlines weren't super upbeat. Example: Ole Miss basketball suffers home loss to lowly South Carolina.

"Ain't I'm 'posed to be that?"

He may not be playing on the UNC basketball team, but it looks like he's still taking some English courses in Chapel Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Southgate0809 View Post
    "Ain't I'm 'posed to be that?"

He may not be playing on the UNC basketball team, but it looks like he's still taking some English courses in Chapel Hill.
    I have no problem with people speaking common vernacular, he's recording a social media video, not arguing in front of the Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I have no problem with people speaking common vernacular, he's recording a social media video, not arguing in front of the Supreme Court.
    I agree, but he'd better not post on DBR. The vocabulary po-po would eat him alive.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I agree, but he'd better not post on DBR. The vocabulary po-po would eat him alive.

GoDuke!
    haha yeah, so we're fine with that on social media, but if you do it on DBR, you get eaten alive.

Just read that GG has 7 points in 28 minutes - in his last 2 games combined. The new SC coach certainly doesn't seem concerned about catering to the number one recruit in the country (from SC, no less). Pretty gutsy for a first year coach from a school that rarely lands top talent.
    To be clear, I'm not suggesting it's undeserved (limited playing time and touches). He's fortunate to not be suspended. But I don't think it's an easy call for a first year coach when fans probably view the player as much more important than him. Even though it's likely the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Owen Meany; 02-15-2023 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Just read that GG has 7 points in 28 minutes - in his last 2 games combined. The new SC coach certainly doesn't seem concerned about catering to the number one recruit in the country (from SC, no less). Pretty gutsy for a first year coach from a school that rarely lands top talent.
    To be clear, I'm not suggesting it's undeserved (limited playing time and touches). He's fortunate to not be suspended. But I don't think it's an easy call for a first year coach when fans probably view the player as much more important than him. Even though it's likely the right thing to do.
    That's the kind of move that may pay dividends in years 2 and 3.

"I will hold all of you accountable, from the leading scorer on down the line."

The Gamecocks are really bad this year. I’m not sure how they beat Clemson or UK. This team is nowhere close to the Final Four team that beat Duke in Greenville. I hope Lamont gets it going but it’s been a rough first year. I’ve tried to check in on them a couple of times but they’re almost unwatchable.

Caleb Foster's Notre Dame team beat Bronny James Sierra squad for the 4th time this year, 80-61 in the state playoffs. Caleb (who was left off the McD AA team) scored either 28 or 31, to McD AA Bronny's 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Caleb Foster's Notre Dame team beat Bronny James Sierra squad for the 4th time this year, 80-61 in the state playoffs. Caleb (who was left off the McD AA team) scored either 28 or 31, to McD AA Bronny's 10.
    Are Jared McCain and his Centennial HS team still in the playoffs? Didn't they win the 2022 state championship (not sure about the various divisions in CA)?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Are Jared McCain and his Centennial HS team still in the playoffs? Didn't they win the 2022 state championship (not sure about the various divisions in CA)?
    Jared and his top ranked Centennial team were beaten soundly by Harvard Westlake tonight in the Open Division state playoffs, which is the highest division. This loss ends Jared’s career and Centennials bid for a fourth straight Open championship. He had 21 tonight. Harvard Westlake goes on to play in the State Final of the Open Division.

The next highest division is Division 1, which is where Caleb Foster’s Notre Dame squad beat Bronny’s Sierra Canyon team for the fourth time this year, this time on a neutral, and ending Sierra’s season.

Video highlights of the Notre Dame - Sierra Canyon game from Tuesday night.

Foster appears to be a capable ball handler and 3-level scorer. He had a lot of good plays as well as a few blunders. He's a bigger guard and seems to play at his own pace. He's not an explosive athlete nor one with a quick first step. He seems to use his long first stride to get on the defenders hip and then relies on length to get to the rim. While he is clearly looking for his shot in this game, he also seems to see the floor really well and pass it to open players with a timely skip or bounce pass. He reminds me of some of the bigger guards that Duke has struggled to defend in recent years - less so this year - like Jamarius Burton of Pitt or Michael Devoe of Georgia Tech. Foster seems to like using his body to get an angle and get to the rim. His shot looks good. I could see him playing either guard position next season. My preference would be to see Tyrese Proctor serve as the primary ball handler with Foster playing off the ball or more of a hybrid two-guard backcourt. Foster and Proctor both look to be about 6'5". They are certainly big enough to defend almost any guard in college basketball. If Foster is capable of hitting catch-and-shoot jumpers at a high enough rate or to create a shot late in the shot clock, he might be a starting guard next season.

Caleb Foster with a big performance and a State Championship.

Future Duke basketball guard goes off in championship game

Caleb Foster always seems to play with a chip on his shoulder, especially since his McDonald's All-American Game snub in January. And Friday night was no exception as the 2023 Duke basketball recruiting prize put together another statement performance to cap off a brilliant prep career.

The 6-foot-5, 190-pound five-star point guard, who ranks No. 17 overall on the 247Sports 2023 Composite, led Notre Dame (Calif.) to its first state championship with a 67-58 win over Granada. Foster's 33 points broke a 42-year-old record for the most in any CIF Division I title bout.

https://www.si.com/college/duke/recr...ship-game-3-23

Caleb's team beat up on Bronny James quite a bit.Went 4-0 against Sierra Canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Caleb Foster with a big performance and a State Championship.

Future Duke basketball guard goes off in championship game

Caleb Foster always seems to play with a chip on his shoulder, especially since his McDonald's All-American Game snub in January. And Friday night was no exception as the 2023 Duke basketball recruiting prize put together another statement performance to cap off a brilliant prep career.

The 6-foot-5, 190-pound five-star point guard, who ranks No. 17 overall on the 247Sports 2023 Composite, led Notre Dame (Calif.) to its first state championship with a 67-58 win over Granada. Foster's 33 points broke a 42-year-old record for the most in any CIF Division I title bout.

https://www.si.com/college/duke/recr...ship-game-3-23
    Foster's ranking dropped since his junior season at Oak Hill Academy. He seems to have done very well playing a more scoring-oriented role at Notre Dame out in California. I'm not sure why his ranking dropped given the results.

The Nike Hoop Summit World Team roster has been announced. Mackenzie Mgbako will be playing for the World Team (Nigeria) for the second year in a row. He, along with Tyrese Proctor, were on the roster together last April.

https://twitter.com/draftexpress/sta...ruhjFLVJKu-4pQ

On the US Team, Sean Stewart and Jared McCain will play in the game.

The game takes place April 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The Nike Hoop Summit World Team roster has been announced. Mackenzie Mgbako will be playing for the World Team (Nigeria) for the second year in a row. He, along with Tyrese Proctor, were on the roster together last April.

https://twitter.com/draftexpress/sta...ruhjFLVJKu-4pQ

On the US Team, Sean Stewart and Jared McCain will play in the game.

The game takes place April 8th.
    Disappointed that Caleb Foster did not make it. With him getting snubbed in the Mickie Dee game, I really want a chance to see him in some other All-Star showcases.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?