Page 102 of 139 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2763
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    It's Trimble, not Trible.
    At least we won't have troubles with Trimble.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    You knew someone would do it...
    One of the best, if not the best episodes of ST TOS!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I've heard that freshman Seth Trible is really showing out in Carolina's practices thus far. He's going to struggle for minutes behind Love and Davis, but I suspect he will be a strong player eventually for the Heels. Bummer...
    Nick Horvath practice good?

Kevin Keatts and his staff got a commitment from 6’6”, 200 lb Dennis Parker, Jr. of John Marshall HS in Richmond, Virginia. He’s a 4 star SF. He also had offers from Kansas, LSU, Georgetown, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Southern Cal, Xavier, VCU, Texas A&M, Rutgers, Penn State, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss.

On3 has updated its rankings for the Class of 2023. Here are how the Duke commits shake out:

3. Mackenzie Mgbako
    12. Sean Stewart
    18. Jared McCain
    22. Caleb Foster
    23. TJ Power

Looking at their industry comparison (247Sports, ESPN, Rivals, and On3), the group from On3 is slightly higher on Mgbako, slightly lower on Stewart and Foster, and more or less in line with the others on McCain and Power.

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/player/basketball/2023/

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    On3 has updated its rankings for the Class of 2023. Here are how the Duke commits shake out:

3. Mackenzie Mgbako
    12. Sean Stewart
    18. Jared McCain
    22. Caleb Foster
    23. TJ Power

Looking at their industry comparison (247Sports, ESPN, Rivals, and On3), the group from On3 is slightly higher on Mgbako, slightly lower on Stewart and Foster, and more or less in line with the others on McCain and Power.

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/player/basketball/2023/
    Wow. Five 5 star recruits? Incredible.

What's even more nuts is UK could easily end up with the best class, which means there isn't that much left for all 300+ remaining teams
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Have our guys signed their LOI’s yet? That’s this week, isn’t it?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Have our guys signed their LOI’s yet? That’s this week, isn’t it?
    All but Mgbako signed their LOIs yesterday.

I'm surprised Foster didn't make more of a jump, he had a really great summer. But happy to see all our guys recognized as elite prospects. I'm still naively choosing to believe that all but Mgbako could be multi-year guys, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    All but Mgbako signed their LOIs yesterday.
    Not being an avid watcher of this space, anyone know typically why a player that has verbally comitted doesn't sign his LOI right away?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Not being an avid watcher of this space, anyone know typically why a player that has verbally comitted doesn't sign his LOI right away?
    The high school team, Roselle Catholic, is hosting an NLI signing ceremony on November 15th. Mgbako will sign then, still during the early signing period.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/stat...95315312898050

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The high school team, Roselle Catholic, is hosting an NLI signing ceremony on November 15th. Mgbako will sign then, still during the early signing period.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/stat...95315312898050
    Thank you for this DBA... my heart skipped a beat when I read that Mgbako was the only one not to sign, haha.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

The NCAA has signing periods, but schools try very hard to get verbals accompanied by public announcements.

You understand, I am sure, that although called "commitments," there is no penalty for changing one's mind.

Well

With some schools, it makes complete sense to wait until Spring, in case the program has major changes. For a top recruit, what’s the incentive to sign?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    With some schools, it makes complete sense to wait until Spring, in case the program has major changes. For a top recruit, what’s the incentive to sign?
    Just my take, but the signing could provide peace of mind, freedom from persistent recruiting contacts from other schools who hope to get involved, and could also be a statement that can be used to attract other good prospects to the recruiting class (which is not in play here, so far as we know).

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Just my take, but the signing could provide peace of mind, freedom from persistent recruiting contacts from other schools who hope to get involved, and could also be a statement that can be used to attract other good prospects to the recruiting class (which is not in play here, so far as we know).
    I agree, the recruiting process is stressful for kids and their families and they often talk about the relief of having it over with once they commit. I imagine that signing the NLI is another step in that process and allows them to focus on their high school season without the distractions. Also I would guess that there are obscure NCAA rules around contact with a non-signed recruit, like the school can't post a picture or the coach isn't allowed to send them a text after 5pm on a friday or whatever.

I didn't mean to have any implication Mackenzie wouldn't sign his LOI, just that he hadn't. And DBA said why.

2023 #1 Recruit DJ Wagner commits to Kentucky. https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...46563908116480

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    2023 #1 Recruit DJ Wagner commits to Kentucky. https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...46563908116480
    Interesting. Haven't been following this one closely but Cal coached his dad but his grandfather is now on the staff at Louisville.

In the 2023 ESPN Top 100, UK now has commitments from #1, #2, #5, #8 and #26. Duke has commitments from #4, #7, #13, #16 and #39.
    Kentucky is now the #1 Class but Duke is not far behind. No one else is even close. http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...playerrankings