Page 101 of 139 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2763
    They've done pretty well with with what the have.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    They wanted Cam Whitmore (247 rank #14), but he committed to Villanova and so settled for Tyler Nickel (247 rank #80) in 2022.
    They wanted TJ Power (247 rank #24), but he committed to Duke, and so settled for Zayden High (247 rank #48) in 2023.

Is this the start of a trend for Hubert Davis and staff?
    And we need to remember this in 2 years when we complain that unc's recruits stay for 3+ years and Duke recruits leave early for the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    They've done pretty well with with what the have.
    They did lose 41 games over the past 3 seasons. Honestly, if UNC had lost to Baylor in the 2nd round or UCLA in the Sweet 16 - and both were close! - the last 3 years would have been just about the worst 3 year stretch for them ever. How quickly one weekend changed everything for the perception of their team and program.

They did lose 41 games over the past 3 seasons. Honestly, if UNC had lost to Baylor in the 2nd round or UCLA in the Sweet 16 - and both were close! - the last 3 years would have been just about the worst 3 year stretch for them ever. How quickly one weekend changed everything for the perception of their team and program.
    I wish we could go back in time to February of last year after we blew them out in the Dome. Their fan base was melting down, screaming that Hubert was the wrong hire and that Roy manipulated his way into getting his friend the job and they were going to spend the next decade paying for it. Calling themselves the next Indiana on their way to obscurity. Meanwhile we were a final four favorite and rumors swirled that we were going to steal GG Jackson from them. Soon after they got destroyed by an awful Pitt team at home, still didn't have a Q1 win and weren't going to make the tournament. Ah, memories...

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I wish we could go back in time to February of last year after we blew them out in the Dome. Their fan base was melting down, screaming that Hubert was the wrong hire and that Roy manipulated his way into getting his friend the job and they were going to spend the next decade paying for it. Calling themselves the next Indiana on their way to obscurity. Meanwhile we were a final four favorite and rumors swirled that we were going to steal GG Jackson from them. Soon after they got destroyed by an awful Pitt team at home, still didn't have a Q1 win and weren't going to make the tournament. Ah, memories...
    It's still possible that this upcoming season is a disappointment for UNC. They are the preseason AP #1 team. None of the last 13 #1 teams have won the whole thing and few of them have made the Final Four. If they end the season as the #2 or #3 team in the ACC, earn a 2 or 3 seed, and lose in the Sweet 16 - a fate very similar to UCLA last year and MSU in 2020 - then this next season will be a big let down. And then most likely Bacot, Love along with Nance and Black will leave and they'll have no more top 25 recruits. Do they slowly adjust to a lesser talent level while Hubert Davis struggles to keep UNC as a Final Four contender each year? It's not out of the realm of possibility that March-April 2022 was a fluke.

Since landing Nassir Little, Coby White, Cole Anthony, Love, Bacot, Kessler, Sharpe, and GG Jackson (for a few months), their recruiting has taken a noticeable step down. Simeon Wilcher is a good guard prospect, but he's not a top 10 player like some of the guys they were landing in the last few years of Roy Williams's tenure. How does that downward trend in recruiting translate to the court?

Hubert Davis struggles to keep UNC as a Final Four contender each year
    I like your vision of Hubert Davis as the next Kevin Ollie

It's still possible that this upcoming season is a disappointment for UNC. They are the preseason AP #1 team. None of the last 13 #1 teams have won the whole thing and few of them have made the Final Four. If they end the season as the #2 or #3 team in the ACC, earn a 2 or 3 seed, and lose in the Sweet 16 - a fate very similar to UCLA last year and MSU in 2020 - then this next season will be a big let down. And then most likely Bacot, Love along with Nance and Black will leave and they'll have no more top 25 recruits. Do they slowly adjust to a lesser talent level while Hubert Davis struggles to keep UNC as a Final Four contender each year? It's not out of the realm of possibility that March-April 2022 was a fluke.

Since landing Nassir Little, Coby White, Cole Anthony, Love, Bacot, Kessler, Sharpe, and GG Jackson (for a few months), their recruiting has taken a noticeable step down. Simeon Wilcher is a good guard prospect, but he's not a top 10 player like some of the guys they were landing in the last few years of Roy Williams's tenure. How does that downward trend in recruiting translate to the court?
    This post makes me happy.

And then most likely Bacot, Love along with Nance and Black will leave and they'll have no more top 25 recruits.
    Seems a bit optimistic. I believe Bacot and Love are getting substantial NIL money and no class attendance or exams required. Why would either one leave (if no NBA career possible) before they get pushed out and Bacot gets the extra Covid year. Can Nance also claim an extra Covid year? Getting paid to sleep in every day and play a little college basketball is not a bad life.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Seems a bit optimistic. I believe Bacot and Love are getting substantial NIL money and no class attendance or exams required. Why would either one leave (if no NBA career possible) before they get pushed out and Bacot gets the extra Covid year. Can Nance also claim an extra Covid year? Getting paid to sleep in every day and play a little college basketball is not a bad life.
    I suppose it is possible that Bacot and Love could return. Both have professional hopes, though. Another year in college isn't going to help their draft stock.

Nance is a 5th year player. This upcoming season is his extra COVID year. Same as Leaky Black.

I suppose it is possible that Bacot and Love could return. Both have professional hopes, though. Another year in college isn't going to help their draft stock.

Nance is a 5th year player. This upcoming season is his extra COVID year. Same as Leaky Black.
    They will make much more in college. Likely will leave if they win a NC. But can’t root for that!

I've heard that freshman Seth Trible is really showing out in Carolina's practices thus far. He's going to struggle for minutes behind Love and Davis, but I suspect he will be a strong player eventually for the Heels. Bummer...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Yeah. These two players are great case studies for understanding the power of NIL. If Bacot is indeed getting close to seven figures this year, I suspect that will push him to come back.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Agree DBA! I still think their run last year in the ncaa’s was a big mixture of luck, fortunate matchups, and chemistry coming together at the right time. Baylor was missing their best two players, ucla was banged up with Jacques only about 40 % , and their elite eight opponent was over achiever St. Something( see, I can’t even remember their name now.) I don’t expect to see the cheats in the next final four. Maybe Duke doesn’t get there either, but that high expectation for unc I think will be too much for them to live up to.

Leaky Black is still around? Yikes.

I suppose he'll get the task of guarding Dariq Whitehead.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmzzz View Post
    I like your vision of Hubert Davis as the next Kevin Ollie
    I'd be happy with Hubert Davis being the next Mike Davis. He's already beaten us in the tournament, so it's all downhill from here.

Does anyone know if we have any '23 or '24 recruits that will be on campus for C2C tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Does anyone know if we have any '23 or '24 recruits that will be on campus for C2C tomorrow?
    Mgbako and Stewart from 23 and Dylan Harper from 24 I have seen listed multiple times as gonna be there.

Seth Trible- is going to get minutes as the first guard off the bench. He is going to be a steady player for UNC. Kid is a dog on D

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I've heard that freshman Seth Trible is really showing out in Carolina's practices thus far. He's going to struggle for minutes behind Love and Davis, but I suspect he will be a strong player eventually for the Heels. Bummer...
    Quote Originally Posted by KKDL19 View Post
    Seth Trible- is going to get minutes as the first guard off the bench. He is going to be a steady player for UNC. Kid is a dog on D
    It's Trimble, not Trible.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    It's Trimble, not Trible.
    You knew someone would do it...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?