Page 116 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2763
    The McDonald's All-American jersey designers had one job: let us read the names on the back of the jerseys. The white jerseys have yellow lettering, which is not ideal, but it's nothing compared to the black jerseys with dark blue lettering.

So I'm watching this game and I know the Duke players' numbers and Bronny James' fluorescent pink highlighter shoes. (Digger Phelps must be jealous.) Everyone else is not as identifiable. I'm just going to assume they're all going to Kentucky.

Also interesting that they keep highlighting how relatively weak this class is (e.g. no franchise types or surefire all-stars).

Makes one think that there may be very few one-n-done from this class....or at least for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    The McDonald's All-American jersey designers had one job: let us read the names on the back of the jerseys. The white jerseys have yellow lettering, which is not ideal, but it's nothing compared to the black jerseys with dark blue lettering.

So I'm watching this game and I know the Duke players' numbers and Bronny James' fluorescent pink highlighter shoes. (Digger Phelps must be jealous.) Everyone else is not as identifiable. I'm just going to assume they're all going to Kentucky.
    Yes, that along with the ragged play made this hard to watch. I do appreciate the defensive effort though.

Agreed. Whoever chose the font colors should be sentenced to a year of peeling potatoes for McDonald's. And the court is also pretty awful.

I tuned in late so I am trying to figure out who is who without much success.

Plus I have to hear Cory Alexander's voice.

It is impressive how many of the players had a prominent dad.

I agree. I had to pull up a roster because I couldn’t read anyone’s name.

My takeaway from this game - I thought Corey Alexander talked a lot during a normal college bball game….

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Whoever chose the font colors should be sentenced to a year of peeling potatoes for McDonald's.
    Not sure where peeling potatoes would have fit in Louie Anderson's fast food career trajectory:

I don't see the great talent from this class either,yet that could change.The dunk contest was really boring.The DUKE guys won the 3pt contest n slam dunk contest.I like what I see.

Not sure where peeling potatoes would have fit in Louie Anderson's fast food career trajectory:

I think the career path at McDowell's is different than at McDonald's. Golden Arches/Golden Arcs, Big Mac/Big Mick, buns with sesame seeds/buns with no seeds. Two very different places.

James can shoot it

McCain for the tie… air ball. It was very deep
    Last edited by dukelifer; 03-28-2023 at 11:24 PM.

First off, kudos to the coaches and players for taking the competition seriously and playing it straight-up. It is the best start-to-finish Mickey Ds game in recent memory.

McCain is a very smart and skilled offensive player. His playmaking is the piece that really stood out. Line-ups with he and Proctor could feature some real pretty offense. All that being said, he could have taken a better last shot.

Stewart is a really interesting athlete, he doesn’t look smooth but he is explosive and seems to play with an edge, kind of surly in a good way. Anyone else see that? Glad to see he and McCain on the court in crunch time.

Mbgako didn’t get much burn and was not a real presence, which happens to many players in this setting.

Some nice talent coming in, plus Foster who is right there with the players in this game. Good times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    First off, kudos to the coaches and players for taking the competition seriously and playing it straight-up. It is the best start-to-finish Mickey Ds game in recent memory.

McCain is a very smart and skilled offensive player. His playmaking is the piece that really stood out. Line-ups with he and Proctor could feature some real pretty offense. All that being said, he could have taken a better last shot.

Foster is a really interesting athlete, he doesn’t look smooth but he is explosive and seems to play with an edge, kind of surly in a good way. Anyone else see that. Glad to see he and McCain on the court in crunch time.

Mbgako didn’t get much burn and was not a real presence, which happens to many players in this setting.

Some nice talent coming in, plus Foster who is right there with the players in this game. Good times ahead.
    I haven’t seen the game, but I assume you meant Stewart and not Foster right?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I haven’t seen the game, but I assume you meant Stewart and not Foster right?
    Yes, my bad. I made the correction above.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I agree. I had to pull up a roster because I couldn’t read anyone’s name.

My takeaway from this game - I thought Corey Alexander talked a lot during a normal college bball game….
    I think the play by play announcer not Paul Biancardi was annoyed with motor mouth Alexander. McCain impressive shooter. Stewart apparently has a 39 inch vertical. Mgbako didn’t get a lot of run.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

Stewart is a really interesting athlete, he doesn’t look smooth but he is explosive and seems to play with an edge, kind of surly in a good way. Anyone else see that? Glad to see he and McCain on the court in crunch time.

I thought he handled the guard well at the end until he left his feet and fouled him...but the guy couldn't get around him which is a decent sign for his promise as a hedge PNR defender. And he looked like a true big to me....was always worried he was closer to 6' 7" and he appears to be closer to 6' 9".

And he really hope there is a universe where Proctor, McCain and Schutt are on the floor at the same time....have the feeling we can shoot some teams out of the gym next year.

I really like what I saw from McCain as a distributor. He drove and setup Bronny rather nicely for a couple of his 3’s.

Stewart looks bouncy and raw. At a small sample glance he doesn’t seem to have much offensively. He does appear to be a lob threat and playing with guards like Proctor, McCain, and Foster could help. Hopefully he can fit rather quickly on defense at the college level.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    I thought he handled the guard well at the end until he left his feet and fouled him...but the guy couldn't get around him which is a decent sign for his promise as a hedge PNR defender. And he looked like a true big to me...was always worried he was closer to 6' 7" and he appears to be closer to 6' 9".

And he really hope there is a universe where Proctor, McCain and Schutt are on the floor at the same time...have the feeling we can shoot some teams out of the gym next year.
    Did you see my post from the previous page? Stewart looks to be closer in height to 6'10 Mayas than 6'8 Mackenzie. My suspicion is that his listed height is barefoot height.

Agreed. Whoever chose the font colors should be sentenced to a year of peeling potatoes for McDonald's. And the court is also pretty awful.

I tuned in late so I am trying to figure out who is who without much success.

Plus I have to hear Cory Alexander's voice.

It is impressive how many of the players had a prominent dad.
    The more objectivity that can remain in the player selection process for the mcdonald's all american game, the better. A player committing to a blue blood program was a common way for borderline selections to get over the selection hump, now nepotism is starting to play an increasingly significant role. This recent trend is undermining the prestige of being selected.

I think the career path at McDowell's is different than at McDonald's. Golden Arches/Golden Arcs, Big Mac/Big Mick, buns with sesame seeds/buns with no seeds. Two very different places.
    Yeah, it's not like Cleo McDowell would know anything about how McDonald's operates...

cleomcdowell.jpg

But you're probably right. He's a smart man, and would be sure to run his restaurant just a little bit differently.

After watching Jared Mccain last night this kids gonna be a stud year.