Page 84 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2763
    Quote Originally Posted by MyFirstK'sLast View Post

He would also be teammates with Cooper Flagg...
    ... for a second time. They were teammates earlier this summer on the Men's USA U17 World Championship Team.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Almost certainly a new high school. His dad, Michael, chimed in on twitter to reaffirm Sean's commitment to Duke.

https://twitter.com/bigyog4/status/1555216305556447232
    Let’s hope he’s more committed then GG Jackson was!

And the news is that Stewart is transferring to Montverde.

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/stat...82730514104321

Montverde is turning into the Duke of high school basketball

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Montverde is turning into the Duke of high school basketball
    I think they have produced more NBA Draft picks than Duke in the past decade, believe it or not. In the 2021 NBA Draft alone, they had 7 players taken with 4 in the first round, include Cade Cunningham, NBA ROTY Scottie Barnes, Moses Moody, and Day'Ron Sharpe.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFirstK'sLast View Post
    I did a quick browse through who he is following on Instagram, and he is following the Montverde account as well as some of their coaching staff. I obviously can't attest to if these are new follows, but I would love it for Sean if he was to transfer to Montverde. It's great for a high schooler's development to play in the NIBC, and it makes it much easier for us to tune into a few games!

He would also be teammates with Cooper Flagg...
    Cooper Flagg setting up a great "half-back" situation

From Newport, Maine to Montverde, FL for prep school, and then head north
    From Montverde, FL to Durham, NC for college

Of course MonteVerde means green mountain(s) another tip of the hoop hat to Vermont where the top hoops are played!

Too funny not to pass on

From The Onion: LeBron James Living Vicariously Through His Son Not Being A Once-In-A-Generation Talent

https://www.theonion.com/lebron-jame...source=twitter
    No soup for you!

https://www.on3.com/news/four-star-f...hools-to-five/

TJ Power targeting a mid to late September decision. Seems like it could be a Duke-UNC race.

What’s Power looking for in a school?

“Academics…”

If the kid is being truthful we don’t need to worry about UNC.

Re: the TJ Power front page article: if you like TJ's lack of dunks in his highlight reels, you are going to LOVE my mixtape!
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

I had thought Duke was recruiting Bronny James, but I just read the following: Though it's still relatively early in the recruiting process, there is a strong feeling James will take the college route as opposed to the G League Ignite or other developmental leagues. He is being pursued by the likes of UCLA, USC, Michigan, Ohio State and Oregon, among others.

Don’t you think if Duke were recruiting him they would likely be the first name on that list? The author certainly wouldn’t put Duke in the “among others” category. I guess LeBron is not going to be hanging out in Cameron as I had expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I had thought Duke was recruiting Bronny James, but I just read the following: Though it's still relatively early in the recruiting process, there is a strong feeling James will take the college route as opposed to the G League Ignite or other developmental leagues. He is being pursued by the likes of UCLA, USC, Michigan, Ohio State and Oregon, among others.

Don’t you think if Duke were recruiting him they would likely be the first name on that list? The author certainly wouldn’t put Duke in the “among others” category. I guess LeBron is not going to be hanging out in Cameron as I had expected.
    He simply does not fit with the kids Duke has already committed. He also wants to be one of the focal points of the team, which is something that would not happen at Duke given we already have 4 guys coming in who are higher ranked than Bronny is. It is pretty likely that Bronny would not even start if he came to Duke.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is pretty likely that Bronny would not even start if he came to Duke.
    That’s too bad. I was looking forward to kickin it with his dad — having a cheeseburger and fries while drinking a few beers and talking basketball and stuff. Maybe get the inside scoop on the Lakers and Vegas situations.

Oh well. 😞

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    That’s too bad. I was looking forward to kickin it with his dad — having a cheeseburger and fries while drinking a few beers and talking basketball and stuff. Maybe get the inside scoop on the Lakers and Vegas situations.

Oh well. 😞
    I don’t think the circus he’d bring with him would help the team. Not his fault, but expectations by his dad could wreck the chemistry. I hope he does well elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I don’t think the circus he’d bring with him would help the team. Not his fault, but expectations by his dad could wreck the chemistry. I hope he does well elsewhere.
    Agreed. A polite "no thank you" from me.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    He simply does not fit with the kids Duke has already committed. He also wants to be one of the focal points of the team, which is something that would not happen at Duke given we already have 4 guys coming in who are higher ranked than Bronny is. It is pretty likely that Bronny would not even start if he came to Duke.
    That works for me. If we're gonna take an NBA star's son, I'm more than happy to stick with the Justin Robinson model.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That works for me. If we're gonna take an NBA star's son, I'm more than happy to stick with the Justin Robinson model.
    I’ll take me some Boozer.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I’ll take me some Boozer.
    Chris Collins deserves some mention on this list, and the Boozer boys would be welcome additions, also.