Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485
Results 1,681 to 1,697 of 1697
  1. #1681
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Chris Collins deserves some mention on this list, and the Boozer boys would be welcome additions, also.
    Austin Rivers and Seth Curry as well.

  2. #1682
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    He simply does not fit with the kids Duke has already committed. He also wants to be one of the focal points of the team, which is something that would not happen at Duke given we already have 4 guys coming in who are higher ranked than Bronny is. It is pretty likely that Bronny would not even start if he came to Duke.
    I would disagree with this a lot. I think if Jon when recruiting Proctor originally saw him as a 23 recruit then I actually think briny can play that same role that proctor would have. I highly disagree with the he wants to be a focal point thing, to me thats never been apart of him look at his AAU play where he's had to be pushed this year to "takeover" because thats what staffs wanted to see and also his choice of high school where he's always been at best the 4th best guy.

    Does that mean he'd come to duke? that I don't know But he's not this guy that some seems to think he is based on who his dad is.

  3. #1683

    Sean Stewart + other Duke Targets on ESPNU @7:00


  4. #1684
    Quote Originally Posted by cbolden1 View Post
    I would disagree with this a lot. I think if Jon when recruiting Proctor originally saw him as a 23 recruit then I actually think briny can play that same role that proctor would have. I highly disagree with the he wants to be a focal point thing, to me thats never been apart of him look at his AAU play where he's had to be pushed this year to "takeover" because thats what staffs wanted to see and also his choice of high school where he's always been at best the 4th best guy.

    Does that mean he'd come to duke? that I don't know But he's not this guy that some seems to think he is based on who his dad is.
    The fact that he wants to play 1 year and then head to the NBA to play with his dad, and that he would very likely be coming off Dukeís bench, sets up a potentially difficult situation where our coaching staff has to chose between supporting Bronny/Lebronís dream or doing whatís best for the team. The media coverage could be very, very distracting or even toxic.

    I donít blame Lebron or Bronny at all. Itís a great plan to play for a year with your son. Duke, with all its top players, is just not the best place to make a dream that a priority. Whereas a school like maybe a GT or a Clemson could guarantee Bronny a starting spot and benefit from all the media attention.

  5. #1685
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    The fact that he wants to play 1 year and then head to the NBA to play with his dad, and that he would very likely be coming off Dukeís bench, sets up a potentially difficult situation where our coaching staff has to chose between supporting Bronny/Lebronís dream or doing whatís best for the team. The media coverage could be very, very distracting or even toxic.

    I donít blame Lebron or Bronny at all. Itís a great plan to play for a year with your son. Duke, with all its top players, is just not the best place to make a dream that a priority. Whereas a school like maybe a GT or a Clemson could guarantee Bronny a starting spot and benefit from all the media attention.
    yeah, that's pretty much it. Just not a really good fit for our Blue Devils this year given his ASAP NBA aspirations.

  6. #1686
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    The fact that he wants to play 1 year and then head to the NBA to play with his dad, and that he would very likely be coming off Dukeís bench, sets up a potentially difficult situation where our coaching staff has to chose between supporting Bronny/Lebronís dream or doing whatís best for the team. The media coverage could be very, very distracting or even toxic.

    I donít blame Lebron or Bronny at all. Itís a great plan to play for a year with your son. Duke, with all its top players, is just not the best place to make a dream that a priority. Whereas a school like maybe a GT or a Clemson could guarantee Bronny a starting spot and benefit from all the media attention.
    Obviously, I have no clue what Bronny and his dad might be thinking but I would guess they might be interested in a west coast school - maybe UCLA or USC - to stay close to home and LeBron could attend many games without having to fly across the country. I don't know about the talent levels on those teams, as to whether Bronny could start and/or get significant minutes? Plus, I'm also guessing that many coaches may not want the sideshow that will inevitably take place wherever Bronny goes. Who would want one of the greatest players in basketball history sitting behind your bench evaluating how you're coaching and playing his son?

  7. #1687
    scottdude8's Avatar
    scottdude8 is offline Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    The fact that he wants to play 1 year and then head to the NBA to play with his dad, and that he would very likely be coming off Duke’s bench, sets up a potentially difficult situation where our coaching staff has to chose between supporting Bronny/Lebron’s dream or doing what’s best for the team. The media coverage could be very, very distracting or even toxic.

    I don’t blame Lebron or Bronny at all. It’s a great plan to play for a year with your son. Duke, with all its top players, is just not the best place to make a dream that a priority. Whereas a school like maybe a GT or a Clemson could guarantee Bronny a starting spot and benefit from all the media attention.
    With all the issues with tampering in the NBA lately, I still have no idea how this hasn't become a bigger story. At one point LeBron explicitly said that he wanted to finish his career playing with his son. How is that not, at minimum, controversial? What happens in the 2024 Draft if it's become common knowledge that you aren't just drafting Bronny, but you're getting LeBron too? Does a team take Bronny way outside of his projected draft range thinking that they're getting LeBron too? If that makes Bronny a first round pick instead of a second round pick, how do all the draftees he jumps feel about that, and the effect it has on their first contracts (as we analyzed to death with Trevor's situation, it's very non-trivial)?

    The fact that no one talks about this element of what will probably be portrayed as a feel good "father and son" story blows my mind, especially when the NBA takes draft picks away from teams for talking with free agents to-be before the proper window. If it's not clear after Bronny's year of college/G-League/something else that he's an NBA caliber player, but he still gets a spot based off of his dad, then there's a whole different can of worms that gets opened.

    With all that in mind, I'm happy to steer clear of that situation.
    Scott Rich on the front page

    Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

    Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

  8. #1688
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    With all the issues with tampering in the NBA lately, I still have no idea how this hasn't become a bigger story. At one point LeBron explicitly said that he wanted to finish his career playing with his son. How is that not, at minimum, controversial? What happens in the 2024 Draft if it's become common knowledge that you aren't just drafting Bronny, but you're getting LeBron too? Does a team take Bronny way outside of his projected draft range thinking that they're getting LeBron too? If that makes Bronny a first round pick instead of a second round pick, how do all the draftees he jumps feel about that, and the effect it has on their first contracts (as we analyzed to death with Trevor's situation, it's very non-trivial)?

    The fact that no one talks about this element of what will probably be portrayed as a feel good "father and son" story blows my mind, especially when the NBA takes draft picks away from teams for talking with free agents to-be before the proper window. If it's not clear after Bronny's year of college/G-League/something else that he's an NBA caliber player, but he still gets a spot based off of his dad, then there's a whole different can of worms that gets opened.

    With all that in mind, I'm happy to steer clear of that situation.
    Not sure other athletes can question why he might be taken ahead of them- but it is possible that James links his next team to Bronnyís selection/ a bit like giving up a first round pick. That seems very reasonable plus his kids get a guaranteed contract that can set him up for life.

  9. #1689
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Obviously, I have no clue what Bronny and his dad might be thinking but I would guess they might be interested in a west coast school - maybe UCLA or USC - to stay close to home and LeBron could attend many games without having to fly across the country. I don't know about the talent levels on those teams, as to whether Bronny could start and/or get significant minutes? Plus, I'm also guessing that many coaches may not want the sideshow that will inevitably take place wherever Bronny goes. Who would want one of the greatest players in basketball history sitting behind your bench evaluating how you're coaching and playing his son?
    Seems like a USC kid to me.

  10. #1690
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    With all the issues with tampering in the NBA lately, I still have no idea how this hasn't become a bigger story. At one point LeBron explicitly said that he wanted to finish his career playing with his son. How is that not, at minimum, controversial? What happens in the 2024 Draft if it's become common knowledge that you aren't just drafting Bronny, but you're getting LeBron too? Does a team take Bronny way outside of his projected draft range thinking that they're getting LeBron too? If that makes Bronny a first round pick instead of a second round pick, how do all the draftees he jumps feel about that, and the effect it has on their first contracts (as we analyzed to death with Trevor's situation, it's very non-trivial)?

    The fact that no one talks about this element of what will probably be portrayed as a feel good "father and son" story blows my mind, especially when the NBA takes draft picks away from teams for talking with free agents to-be before the proper window. If it's not clear after Bronny's year of college/G-League/something else that he's an NBA caliber player, but he still gets a spot based off of his dad, then there's a whole different can of worms that gets opened.

    With all that in mind, I'm happy to steer clear of that situation.
    I don't see the controversy. Yet.

    LeBron James is an unrestricted free agent next summer. If we assume that he extends with the Lakers for one more year, then he's a free agent again in 2024, when his son is draft eligible. It gets a little tricky in that he will play a dual role of prospect's father AND free agent, and those roles do present a conflict of interest. He may have to leave Bronny alone to make his workout visits, and he shouldn't comment on any specific teams as a destination for either of them, to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

    I don't think it really matters if Bronny is seemingly drafted out of place just because the selecting team has a very good shot at adding LeBron as a free agent. But that assumes that the team keeps the pick. Another potential minefield is the use of Bronny's draft rights as a trade asset. The league likes to intervene in trades that appear to have unbalanced value, and after Bronny is selected, it's hard to think of a draft night trade that wouldn't look unbalanced.

  11. #1691
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Mookie Cook recommits to Oregon.

  12. #1692
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Austin Rivers and Seth Curry as well.
    There are plenty of them...

    In just the next couple recruiting classes we have DJ Wagner, Andrej Stojakovic, Dylan Harper... the list is long.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  13. #1693
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Tipton says Bronny is being recruited by these schools...



    I would think the G-League or OTE would make him a pretty lucrative offer too.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  14. #1694
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, that's pretty much it. Just not a really good fit for our Blue Devils this year given his ASAP NBA aspirations.
    The thing with bronny is heís not going to be the focal point at a big school unless itís a school thatís not bringing In top 10 talent. So outside of headlines, I donít think if heís choosing to go to a blue blood his role will be in question. Lebron for all we want to say about him he smart and knows the game and there was a reason he wanted bronny to be coached by k. He wasnít going to be given a role under k if Msu is under consideration heís not being given a role. The biggest issue is the draft thing and weíve seen guys not ready for the draft leave easily and I think this would be more of one of those things, where he leaves early than should be out of college than he cause drama about a role because he wants to be a OAD.

  15. #1695
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Tipton says Bronny is being recruited by these schools...



    I would think the G-League or OTE would make him a pretty lucrative offer too.
    I've heard rumors the LIV tour has offered ten figures.

  16. #1696
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Seems like a USC kid to me.
    Plus they can probably get him onto their water polo team. No experience required!

  17. #1697
    scottdude8's Avatar
    scottdude8 is offline Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I've heard rumors the LIV tour has offered ten figures.
    Must spread sporksÖ
    Scott Rich on the front page

    Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

    Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Men's Basketball Recruiting
    By BD80 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4070
    Last Post: 07-08-2019, 09:43 AM
  2. 2017 Basketball Recruiting Thread
    By Henderson in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4965
    Last Post: 12-06-2017, 04:02 PM
  3. New take on recruiting... USA Basketball style?
    By Kyrie'sToe in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 06:06 PM
  4. Women's Basketball Recruiting
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 11:17 AM
  5. Women's Basketball Recruiting
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •