Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    No, but he was well travelled.
    Well, when push comes to shove.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Wasn't Hansbrough 30 when he was a Freshman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    No, but he was well travelled.
    It ain't the years, it's the miles.

New video from the Drew League in which Stanley shows an improved jumper. He looks more and more intriguing to me. We are stacked on the wing with Alex, Stanley, Moore, Baker, and White but if he can knock down the three then he has a chance to crack the rotation.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    New video from the Drew League in which Stanley shows an improved jumper. He looks more and more intriguing to me. We are stacked on the wing with Alex, Stanley, Moore, Baker, and White but if he can knock down the three then he has a chance to crack the rotation.

Link
    If he can knock down 3 and hold his own on defense, he'll be starting.

5. If he can 3 and D, he will play in the NBA.

Link
    He is an unbelievable athlete - probably the best on the team. If he can play D with intensity- it will be hard to keep him off the floor.

Link
    It looks to me like the video shows him hitting the same 2 jumpers a couple or 3 times each.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    It looks to me like the video shows him hitting the same 2 jumpers a couple or 3 times each.
    Umm, I've watched a video of one guy hitting a jumper from the near the free throw line over and over again. It never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Didn't look that way to me. Seemed like a variety of shots. Here is a different video (side angle, higher up) that shows highlights from the same game and it is easier to see the virety of shots being made by Stanley here. He sure looks confident in his jumper, even taking a couple NBA-like step-back 3s. Now, we have no way of knowing how many shot he missed (was he 3-for-5 on 3s of 3-for-15?) but the stuff he did sure looks impressive.

-Jason "just in: Coach K might be a good talent evaluator" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Didn't look that way to me. Seemed like a variety of shots. Here is a different video (side angle, higher up) that shows highlights from the same game and it is easier to see the virety of shots being made by Stanley here. He sure looks confident in his jumper, even taking a couple NBA-like step-back 3s. Now, we have no way of knowing how many shot he missed (was he 3-for-5 on 3s of 3-for-15?) but the stuff he did sure looks impressive.

-Jason "just in: Coach K might be a good talent evaluator" Evans
    I agree...and I'll add this...his form looks more consistent, cleaner, more repeatable than the form of RJ or Cam to me... True, that was a small sample and not from the angle I normally saw Cam and RJ shoot...on TV....but I like the form.

An article on 247 cites that he shot 35% from three over his last 8 games in the EYBL, so at least he's trending upwards. Kind of reminds me of Gerald Henderson who was also not a great shooter but improved over time and was effective enough to keep defenses honest so he could use his athleticism.