Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    K worked his butt off to get Hurt. He was the first kid called and visited so often over the last couple years.

I wonder if we would have pulled this off if Kansas hadn't been implicated in recruiting violations. I guess we'll never know, but I think so, based on K's effort level. I can't remember the last kid K really wanted that he lost to Self.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Great news!

-cue the John Mellencamp!

I feel like we’re going to need an entire thread just for all the Hurt-related puns that will be generated this season. I’m look forward to imposing “Moore Hurt” on the rest of college basketball.

Carney is the only guy I’d say a lock to be a OAD. This class may not win a title next year but might in 2021

Hurters Hurt - new slogan?

Awesome recruiting win. I love this kid’s scoring ability, he will be a major part of our offense next season.

Welcome to Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    K worked his butt off to get Hurt. He was the first kid called and visited so often over the last couple years.

I wonder if we would have pulled this off if Kansas hadn't been implicated in recruiting violations. I guess we'll never know, but I think so, based on K's effort level. I can't remember the last kid K really wanted that he lost to Self.
    So did Tre Jones....

Just made a rainy, stormy day shiny and beautiful.
    LGD!

Here is the announcement.
    very cool and funny. Seems like a great kid...

http://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-b...to-attend-duke
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    So did Tre Jones...
    Hurt said in an interview that Tre Jones' return sealed it for him. He really wanted to play with a great passing PG like Tre.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Welcome to the Brotherhood ~~~~ !!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    We've got to do something about those skinny arms, but they were strong enough to pop the Duke logo on his shirt to the crowd after the announcement!

Love it.

Welcome to Duke, Matthew!
    He *is* super skinny. How he plays defense will determine whether he's just a taller AOC. Don't mean that negatively, I love AOC - the confident version, vs Syracuse x2

Duke has a lot of pieces and potentially good shooting and balance on board for next year and a good mix of talented freshmen and experienced upper-class-men. They might be a little rough on offense early on but hopefully a balanced offense emerges. Duke could throw out a great defensive lineup of Tre, JGold, Jack, Jav and Bolden but offense would be putrid. So the key will be getting the pieces to fit for winning basketball. Should be fun to watch unfold

Glad we are adding shooters.Stanley next! Jones,O'Connell, White,and Goldwire will be working on improving their accuracy. Bolden and DeLaurier need midrange jumpers too

Will all of his stuff be stored in "The Hurt Locker?"

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    He *is* super skinny. How he plays defense will determine whether he's just a taller AOC. Don't mean that negatively, I love AOC - the confident version, vs Syracuse x2
    Skinny and white are literally the only comparisons between the two. He plays the 3 or a stretch-4. He’s a better shooter, passer, ball handler, decision maker, and basketball player than AOC is.

What a weird comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Glad we are adding shooters.Stanley next! Jones,O'Connell, White,and Goldwire will be working on improving their accuracy. Bolden and DeLaurier need midrange jumpers too
    Just to be clear, Stanley isn’t considered a shooter. He seems more in the Gerald Henderson mold.

Not saying we shouldn’t want him of course. Just that he isn’t bringing much shooting to the table.

And speaking of Tony Parker

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yes. What an announcement should be--grateful and focused, no lenghty highlight videos or other Tony Parker-esque goings on.

Edit: I see Jason beat me to this reference.
    Do you remember that he said that Duke didn't develop big men for the NBA?

I guess that UCLA isn't any better.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Do you remember that he said that Duke didn't develop big men for the NBA?

I guess that UCLA isn't any better.
    I recall that Tony Parker tried to stop and chat with Coach K in the handshake line after a game later (maybe after he transferred to Georgetown). Coach K just kept on moving.

Welcome Matthew

A great addition who fills a need at Duke and seems like he fits with the other recruits very well. Looking forward to watching him play next season.