Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeopardy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Yeah but can any of them consistently hit from three-point land? That’s the critical question.
    Also, will Roy save time outs?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I can't friggin' believe that our local NBC affiliate that shows Jeopardy is in a spat with DirecTV (common thing, expiring contract, much finger pointing) and they may be off DirecTV starting today. Ouch.
    You should be able to pull the signal with an antenna. Dish gave us one for free during one of the contract negotiations years ago. Also have us a Roku too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    You should be able to pull the signal with an antenna. Dish gave us one for free during one of the contract negotiations years ago. Also have us a Roku too.
    Fortunately I found another station on DirecTV that carries Jeopardy, ABC from New York City...antennas are petty shaky around here...

This was from a few days ago. No one lives forever but this will be sad.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...rs-30-seconds/

I feel like we should have a chat open for this. These guys are amazing. Round 1 and not a single clue missed.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

When they did the profile of Ken during the second episode I wasn't sure how they would still have time to play the game but I realized that a) they didn't have the conversation with Alex during the second half and b) since they answer all of the questions right it moves much more quickly. That was really impressive!

I had read debates about whether they would make the questions harder since they are so good or the counter-argument that doing so would make it less fun for viewers who wouldn't know the answers. To me, it seemed like the normal level of questions, maybe slightly harder but not much.

I don't like the double game way of doing it as the betting strategies are very odd. I think that each half hour game should be freestanding.

Woooo that was fun!

Ken is swinging hard and he ends up getting some wrong answers that are just mystifying after banging out so many tough answers. His thumb and brain work so fast!

Brad is being a very good sport but maybe he'll surprise us.

James is lurking in the tall grass and showing his poker face when he gets rolling.

What a great and fabulous score differential.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Ken’s final jeopardy approach may come back to bite him. Too conservative.

The other two take a Talledega Nights approach (“if you’re not first, you’re last”) to risk with their winnings. It cost Ritter dearly, and almost won the game for James.

Brad was certainly rusty, but started to pick up steam in the second game. James didn't get a single DJ and that is a problem for the way he plays. Ken was nearly perfect.

Excited for day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Brad was certainly rusty, but started to pick up steam in the second game. James didn't get a single DJ and that is a problem for the way he plays. Ken was nearly perfect.

Excited for day 2.
    I think James will still win the tournament. Brad stumbled across every daily double except one which Ken grabbed and James only lost by $200 bucks. If he gets even one of those he most likely wins the first match. I think the odds of him not getting any of them going forward are slim and I expect him to bet huge no matter the situation.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    I think James will still win the tournament. Brad stumbled across every daily double except one which Ken grabbed and James only lost by $200 bucks. If he gets even one of those he most likely wins the first match. I think the odds of him not getting any of them going forward are slim and I expect him to bet huge no matter the situation.
    While this is completely tongue in cheek, my conspiracy theory is they are “moving” the daily doubles so James can’t get them.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    While this is completely tongue in cheek, my conspiracy theory is they are “moving” the daily doubles so James can’t get them.
    I hear they aren't completely inflated ...

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Ken’s final jeopardy approach may come back to bite him. Too conservative.

The other two take a Talledega Nights approach (“if you’re not first, you’re last”) to risk with their winnings. It cost Ritter dearly, and almost won the game for James.
    He did the math on the second final jeopardy. He knew James would be all in, so he bet enough to beat James's best possible score.

On categories like rhyme time or before and after, Ken rings in not knowing the answer. He knows he will be able to figure it out in a couple of seconds. You can see the wheels turning. It's astounding that he can still think through a complicated problem that quickly after all these years.

I do think James will ultimately win, but it wouldn't be terribly surprising if Ken does. He's very good at timing the buzzer, and his knowledge base is broad.

Wow, even just watching for an hour is a challenge.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Wow, even just watching for an hour is a challenge.
    YEAH...BUT..an hour???....that would be incredible 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Interesting that James went conservative in his first final jeopardy last night. Wonder if he wasn't confident in the category or was playing it safe with a second game to follow.

Watching Ken and James lock it in, despite the semi-highjinks between all the players, has been a blast.

It must have been electric in the studio. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I do think James will ultimately win, but it wouldn't be terribly surprising if Ken does. He's very good at timing the buzzer, and his knowledge base is broad.
    I'll admit to being a bit stunned that Brad is struggling so much, and that Ken doesn't look a bit rusty. It made me smile to see Ken get frustrated at buzzer lock out last night.

I'm sure the producers were very happy to see James win last night. They are probably drawing huge audiences and the want this to go as many nights as possible. Though the way James played last night, he could end this in four.

I was discussing with a friend what will happen when Alex eventually can no longer host (hopefully not for a long time). We both agreed that Ken would be a great successor. He is obviously very smart but is also very charismatic in a down-to-earth way that people can identify with. Brad would also be fine. James seems like a nice enough guy but I don't think he would work well and I doubt he would be interested.

James definitely deserved the win last night with his performance, consistently above Ken and dominating over Brad. The thing that's interesting is he could have been decently far BEHIND Ken going into game 2 Final Jeopardy and STILL come out a winner given he got the final question right and Ken got it wrong. On the flipside, given he was ahead, if they both got it wrong, he would have lost to Ken despite being clearly the better player two games in a row. I guess I'm pointing this out simply to suggest that things can change in a hurry and it's not necessarily the person who "deserves" to win (i.e. had the most correct responses) actually does EVEN if they both fail on Final Jeopardy. Of course, James' aggressive style pushes this to an extreme given the wide swings and the fact that the other guys have to utilize the same strategy if they want a chance.