Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    As I have recently relocated to a city with an NBA team that happens to be an insanely great basketball situation for Zion, I now have a new favorite team for him. Come on Mavs!!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    And he'll have Lance Thomas to watch over him and guide him. Not to be underestimated.
    Especially if he wants to get a good deal on jewelry.

Must watch if you're a Zion fan!

Said he would come back for a 2nd year, but reality is that he needs to take care of his family. I don't think he is just paying lip service. Just a genuinely humble and good kid. Whoever drafts him is getting a model citizen and superstar basketball player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuY0g7nGGng

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Must watch if you're a Zion fan!

Said he would come back for a 2nd year, but reality is that he needs to take care of his family. I don't think he is just paying lip service. Just a genuinely humble and good kid. Whoever drafts him is getting a model citizen and superstar basketball player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuY0g7nGGng

Quick! Call a lobbyist that has the ability to influence pay-to-play in the NCAA. There's still time!! Oh yeah, and right-to-an-agent issues.

-This was a great watch. Thank you for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    A priest, a rabbi, and a shaman...

No, this isn’t the start of a bad joke. It’s the scene in New York where spiritual leaders are praying for the Knicks to land Zion.

Link
    Well it seems to be some kind of joke.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    Well it seems to be some kind of joke.
    Pretty sure the Knicks are a joke right now and until ownership changes I do not hope for Zion to go there.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    41 percent overall, 32 percent from 3, and 3.8 turnovers per game didn't exceed my expectations. To me, it seems some advanced stats overvalue very high volume, low percentage 3-point shooters. I'll grant that he definitely improved late in the year, so the future could be very bright.
    Wait, are you talking about Trae Young or RJ Barrett?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    A priest, a rabbi, and a shaman...

No, this isn’t the start of a bad joke. It’s the scene in New York where spiritual leaders are praying for the Knicks to land Zion.

Link
    Well one thing that is for certain is that in adding to the Legend of Zion is that this will be the most anticipated and most watched NBA lottery ever

I hope the Knicks end up getting the fifth pick. That would be hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    Well one thing that is for certain is that in adding to the Legend of Zion is that this will be the most anticipated and most watched NBA lottery ever
    The combination of Zion hype, the low opinion scouts have on the rest of the draft class, and the flattened draft odds makes this lottery SOOO important. The first pick is always the most valuable, but the gap between Zion and the rest of the draft class is seen as so big that the value is magnified even more than usual. Getting the number one pick hasn't been this important since 2003.
    Who needs a moral victory when you can have a real one?

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Cam Johnson.

I’m sure the Pelicans are rooting for Knicks or Lakers get get first pick if they don’t

Zion is really going to surprise some people. Listening to local sports radio (Philly), it's pretty clear some of these sports commentators haven't watched anything but his SC Top 10 plays because all I'm hearing is he's just a dunker, he only had his athleticism, blah, blah, etc etc. Never called into one of those shows but had half a mind to today. He's got a great chance to be a disruptive talent in this league --- and I am absolutely looking forward to enjoying the show!

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...names-likeness

Zion, pull out of the draft, there is a way!

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    It should be Jami Gertz's biggest TV hit since Still Standing went off the air. (She also represented the Hawks last year.)

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but the bottom of the league/top of the lottery is dominated by the Eastern Conference (5 of 6 teams):

nevertellmetheodds.jpg

With the lottery determining the top 4 picks this year, you can see an outcome where Phoenix gets bumped to 7th, and the top 6 picks all go East.

Guys and gals this is the last day that Zion is primarily going to be shown in media (tv, internet, newspapers, magazines) wearing his Duke jersey with the numeral 1. From here on out it’s going to be the jersey for whichever team he ends up playing. Enjoy Duke Zion for one last day. I’m sad.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    As I have recently relocated to a city with an NBA team that happens to be an insanely great basketball situation for Zion, I now have a new favorite team for him. Come on Mavs!!
    Sad, Kaze. I was willing to grant you honorary Milwaukee status.

While it would be bad news for the Bucks, it would be great news for Milwaukee-area Zion fans for him to land in Chicago. Go Bulls!

I should amend what I just wrote. I guess the true final day of Zion primarily being shown in his Duke jersey won’t come until after the actual draft on June 20. Tonight is just the NBA Draft Lottery. Sure, whichever team gets the number one overall selection is going to take Zion, but it won’t be official until the draft occurs. I jumped the gun just a tad.

Lot of Dukies on ESPN tonight! Jay, Jay, Adam, Zion, RJ and a Cherokee sighting just now! Any cheats tuning in must be absolutely loving it!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Zion and RJ looking very dapper at the draft lottery. Is Cam there as well? They haven’t shown him.

Interview with Zion and RJ coming up on ESPN now.