Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Davis will absolutely be a game changer and if you play alongside Lebron for the Lakers, winning and playoff runs are all you need to keep moving the needle. I also believe that AD's game and style of play are every bit as likely to move the needle as Leonard's game and style.
    Plus, I keep hearing that the Lakers want to add Kawhi to go along with Lebron and AD. That’s a squad that could contend. The Lakers aren’t done... they want a Big 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    If what you say were true — Davis is a game-changer — I would think he would have done more with his team than he has. He was in New Orleans for seven seasons with little to show for it team-wise.
    Pray tell, what is your definition of “game changer”?

Quote Originally Posted by godins View Post
    Pray tell, what is your definition of “game changer”?
    For today’s NBA a game-changer is a player who makes those around him significantly better and who can shoot from all over the court at a high level whether guarded or not. A player who can lift up lesser-talented teammates and help them play at a higher level than they otherwise would. Anthony Davis is neither of these things as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    Plus, I keep hearing that the Lakers want to add Kawhi to go along with Lebron and AD. That’s a squad that could contend. The Lakers aren’t done... they want a Big 3.
    There isn’t a realistic way for that to happen unless New Orleans allows the trade to wait until after LA signs a free agent. Can’t imagine the Pelicans doing that..

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    There isn’t a realistic way for that to happen unless New Orleans allows the trade to wait until after LA signs a free agent. Can’t imagine the Pelicans doing that..
    FWIW, the trade will be official on July 6th.

If what you say were true — Davis is a game-changer — I would think he would have done more with his team than he has. He was in New Orleans for seven seasons with little to show for it team-wise.

You also stated that Eric Gordon was a better player than Chris Paul. Anthony Davis is a game changer, he's taken his team to the playoffs twice and has been dominant in those 13 games( 30.5 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 2.5 bpg, 1.8 apg... in just under 41 minutes per game). One player can only do so much to help his team in a conference that features the recent team talent in the west. Let's see what he does playing alongside Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    You also stated that Eric Gordon was a better player than Chris Paul. Anthony Davis is a game changer, he's taken his team to the playoffs twice and has been dominant in those 13 games( 30.5 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 2.5 bpg, 1.8 apg... in just under 41 minutes per game). One player can only do so much to help his team in a conference that features the recent team talent in the west. Let's see what he does playing alongside Lebron.
    Chris Paul is a team destroyer, overrated, and on his way out, not just out of Houston. And I doubt we will see him and James make anymore lame insurance commercials. One of my favorite Duke memories was Coach K putting a bench player to guard Paul at Cameron at the start of the game, watching Paul gripe and take offense, then watching Duke run Wake out of the building. Was a Master Yoda coaching experience...

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    Chris Paul is a team destroyer, overrated, and on his way out, not just out of Houston. And I doubt we will see him and James make anymore lame insurance commercials. One of my favorite Duke memories was Coach K putting a bench player to guard Paul at Cameron at the start of the game, watching Paul gripe and take offense, then watching Duke run Wake out of the building. Was a Master Yoda coaching experience...
    You sir are speaking of Patrick Davidson. The only man Chuck Norris fears.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    You sir are speaking of Patrick Davidson. The only man Chuck Norris fears.
    His name has been mentioned. He is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    His name has been mentioned. He is coming...

You guys crack me up with this Patrick Davidson stuff. While many of our DBR brethren may think it’s played out, it somehow still makes me smile.

For today’s NBA a game-changer is a player who makes those around him significantly better and who can shoot from all over the court at a high level whether guarded or not. A player who can lift up lesser-talented teammates and help them play at a higher level than they otherwise would. Anthony Davis is neither of these things as far as I can tell.
    Interesting. Who would be on your shortlist of “game-changers” in the NBA?

By this definition you’d have to exclude Draymond Green. Just a few weeks ago you were defending him pretty hard on this board. I’d certainly consider him a game-changer, wouldn’t you?

Edit to add: I’m guessing you don’t think Giannis is a game-changer either, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by godins View Post
    Interesting. Who would be on your shortlist of “game-changers” in the NBA?

By this definition you’d have to exclude Draymond Green. Just a few weeks ago you were defending him pretty hard on this board. I’d certainly consider him a game-changer, wouldn’t you?

Edit to add: I’m guessing you don’t think Giannis is a game-changer either, do you?
    At this point I’m not interested in further discussion of who is or is not a “game-changing” player. It’s not worth the aggravation, in my opinion.

Eh. Paul and K had a great run on Team USA and Paul was a total pro and had great things to say about K.

Chris Paul is a team destroyer, overrated, and on his way out, not just out of Houston. And I doubt we will see him and James make anymore lame insurance commercials. One of my favorite Duke memories was Coach K putting a bench player to guard Paul at Cameron at the start of the game, watching Paul gripe andi take offense, then watching Duke run Wake out of the building. Was a Master Yoda coaching experience...
    I was at that game. It was awesome. Also, Patrick Davidson mauled CP3 from the tip, so he probably had a right to be pissed. But I can't remember how many people he punched in the nuts or how many balls he slammed into Melchioni's face during that game, so I have little sympathy for one of the dirtiest players I've ever watched play the game.