Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Nice article on Zion’s maturation through high school.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ion-williamson
    This is an amazing article, particularly the interview with the HS coach, who was also his creative writing teacher. Apparently Zion is a gifted poet.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    This is an amazing article, particularly the interview with the HS coach, who was also his creative writing teacher. Apparently Zion is a gifted poet.
    Yes. I should have clarified that it’s focused on his maturation as a person as opposed to athleticism or basketball skills.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Zion already being “poetry in motion” gives him a head start that is likely not needed

Mina Kimes is a great journalist. I'm looking forward to reading it. She will be on the Dan Le Batard show in a while (delayed out here) to discuss the article. She is very knowledgeable and quite funny*.

*I enjoy the Dan Le Bartard show but I know a lot of people do not.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Mina Kimes is a great journalist. I'm looking forward to reading it. She will be on the Dan Le Batard show in a while (delayed out here) to discuss the article. She is very knowledgeable and quite funny*.

*They don't get the show.

Seriously though, it's a sports show that picks on sports shows. It's all meant to be tongue in cheek. It's good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post

Count me in the "pro-LeBatard" group. I wouldn't try to talk anyone into liking him, but I enjoy it probably 80% of the time, which is better than almost all other shows currently running.

As long as we are on this little segue, I heard Dahntay Jones on his own show recently. Maybe on Fox Sports?

I recall JJ being described the same way. It strikes me that Zion and JJ would play exceptionally well together. The baser part of me insists on saying it would be poetry in motion.

https://twitter.com/theundefeated/st...151044609?s=21

A great six minute video on Zion in high school.
    Includes some brief interview footage of a younger, shorter and less physically imposing Zion.

Well worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFanSince1990 View Post
    *They don't get the show.

Seriously though, it's a sports show that picks on sports shows. It's all meant to be tongue in cheek. It's good fun.
    I find the show patronizing of the dad, which feels uncomfortable to me. LeBetard has moments, but seems too pleased with himself, and Bomani Jones always makes me want to change the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    I find the show patronizing of the dad, which feels uncomfortable to me. LeBetard has moments, but seems too pleased with himself, and Bomani Jones always makes me want to change the channel.
    I disagree with each of your points. Granted, it is all a matter of taste. I enjoy his dad, and it feels to me like he is "in on the jokes." I sense LeBetard is self-deprecating as much as anything else, and part of his shtick is being mystified by their level of success. And I love Bomani. I listen to his podcast regularly.

Different strokes, I suppose.

Every time I see this thread title I want to post that picture of Lloyd from “Dumb and Dumber” seeing the “Man Walks on Moon” newspaper headline...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Every time I see this thread title I want to post that picture of Lloyd from “Dumb and Dumber” seeing the “Man Walks on Moon” newspaper headline...
    I'm not savvy enough to edit a video to include the "Zion Declares for Draft!" headline, so you'll have to use your imagination

This is a must watch

Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Nice little article talking about how much Zion enjoyed his time and Duke and delayed officially announcing for the NBA because he didn't want reality to set in.
    https://amp.si.com/college-basketbal...duke-nba-draft

"You get this college experience once," he says. "If you're in a situation like mine, where you're one and done, I'm just trying to make the most of what I got. I love Duke, and honestly, I don’t want to leave. If I didn’t have as much at stake, I probably would stay for another year. But I can't.

"Being at Duke was a dream come true for me. Everything about it"

Okay where do you want Zion to go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Nice little article talking about how much Zion enjoyed his time and Duke and delayed officially announcing for the NBA because he didn't want reality to set in.
    https://amp.si.com/college-basketbal...duke-nba-draft

"You get this college experience once," he says. "If you're in a situation like mine, where you're one and done, I'm just trying to make the most of what I got. I love Duke, and honestly, I don’t want to leave. If I didn’t have as much at stake, I probably would stay for another year. But I can't.

"Being at Duke was a dream come true for me. Everything about it"
    How great is that? This young man is the BEST. I could not like or respect Zion Williamson any more than I already do. It’s not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I’m rooting for Philly as a completely random and fascinating outcome. But really anyone but Phoenix and Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Does it matter?

This is as much in the bag as Patrick Ewing was to the Knicks.

They don't deserve him, but the Knicks getting Zion will be GREAT business for the NBA.

As a Lakers fan I want him but they probably do something stupid and trade him for Davis if they win lottery

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Does it matter?

This is as much in the bag as Patrick Ewing was to the Knicks.

They don't deserve him, but the Knicks getting Zion will be GREAT business for the NBA.
    Nah New York already got their Duke guy. Daniel Jones lol