Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    When you date yourself, who buys dinner?
    You can go blind doing that...

Honest question, do you think there has ever been a 6'8" high school player who didn't score over 20 points at least a few times in his HS career? Does that mean they were all capable of playing at an ACC level?
    Yes. I played with one. 6'9" only goes so far when you have no hand-eye coordination. I'm not sure he could score 20 points if you left him alone on the court for 20 minutes. I don't think he ever lost a tip off, though.

But he became an olympic medalist in crew, so he's accomplished far more athletically than I ever will.

When you date yourself, who buys dinner?
    Whoever picked the restaurant, duh ...

Welcome back to Durham!

Fun fact. Keenan was a middle school teammate of fellow preferred walk-on Michael Savarino at Durham Academy. Both are fantastic young men and Duke is fortunate to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Dating myself, but Geoff Northrop.
    Bill Foster really liked walk-ons. Northrup, Bruce Bell, Rob Hardy, Larry Linney.

Foster did not over-recruit. He had two one-player classes at Duke and rarely had more than 10 recruited players, which hurt when injuries popped up.

Foster told me once that he wasn't going to play a dozen guys and he'd rather have walk-ons at the end of the bench who were glad to be there than recruited players on the end of the bench who were unhappy at not playing and complaining about it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Yes. I played with one. 6'9" only goes so far when you have no hand-eye coordination. I'm not sure he could score 20 points if you left him alone on the court for 20 minutes. I don't think he ever lost a tip off, though.

But he became an olympic medalist in crew, so he's accomplished far more athletically than I ever will.
    Crew? 6'9"... isn't that kinda tall for that small "boat"??

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Crew? 6'9"... isn't that kinda tall for that small "boat"??
    He rowed men's 8, so they other 7 guys must have balanced it out.