Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Epileptic? Be careful.
    (Disney) issued a statement with the Epilepsy Foundation warning viewers that the film contains "several sequences with imagery and sustained flashing lights" that could affect those with photosensitive epilepsy, the letter reads.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/enter...rnd/index.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Not surprising. I feel like this is probably true of most entries of the Star Wars universe, including TV shows.

Want to re-watch episodes 1-8 before you see The Rise of Skywalker? Live in Atlanta, Denver, Houston, New York, or Seattle? Well then you're in luck! Regal is doing a marathon starting with episode 1 on 12/18 at 8 PM and ending with episode 9 on 12/19 at 5 PM.

10 years ago I might have given this a go. Now? I don't think I could make it the whole way through without falling asleep.

I've read through the plot of Ep 9 (on Reddit, assembled from a number of leaks) and.. I don't know if the people who actually like "Last Jedi" will agree with me, but Ep 9 does not look good. Now I'm even more curious than ever to see the reaction to this.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I've read through the plot of Ep 9 (on Reddit, assembled from a number of leaks) and.. I don't know if the people who actually like "Last Jedi" will agree with me, but Ep 9 does not look good. Now I'm even more curious than ever to see the reaction to this.
    As someone who doesn't want to know ANYTHING before seeing it, stop now. If you must, start a spoiler thread.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

PS...if you make your judgement on a movie that is total mind candy by words that are written from folks who may or may or not have read a script, and you think it does not "look" good, then skip it.

I've only watched the trailers. And I can't wait. But then, I'm not a wordsmith. (Thank the baby Yoda, Lucas wasn't either.)

PS...The Rise of Skywalker GET TICKETS NOW!!!! (Trailers told me so 20 times)
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 12-13-2019 at 01:20 AM.

Agreed. I read it and was like “REALLY!?!?”
    A shame that Star Wars has become this. Rogue one is still my favorite of all the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Agreed. I read it and was like “REALLY!?!?”
    A shame that Star Wars has become this. Rogue one is still my favorite of all the new ones.
    What exactly was it before?

I don't know anything about the plot...i feel the need to say the bat cycle/Tron bike vehicle in the sand that flings a stormtroopers into the air is perhaps the dumbest thing since jarjar.

I am seeing it at a screening on Tuesday. I would say I am really excited but that my expectations are kinda low. Here is how I would rate all the Star Wars movies... only about 50% of them have been good.

Great: New Hope, Empire, Rogue One
    Good: Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Return of the Jedi
    Ok: Solo
    Bad: Revenge of the Sith
    Awful: Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones

-Jason "I'm betting this one will fall right around the 'Good' range" EVans
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 12-13-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I can’t really follow up to this because it would be a major spoiler.

Star wars worked as a few people fighting against a great evil... Which if you look at Jason's list pretty much mirrors the plots. The more complicated and wider in scope the worst the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Star wars worked as a few people fighting against a great evil.
    But enough about Disney. . . .

I will be sitting in a theater one week from now, absolutely enjoying myself, is my best guess. I am getting excited.
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I will be sitting in a theater one week from now, absolutely enjoying myself, is my best guess. I am getting excited.
    Ditto to the excitement, but we're waiting a week to let the crowds settle some. Will take in a Sunday matinee.

I have to avoid spoilers for a whole week. That won't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Ditto to the excitement, but we're waiting a week to let the crowds settle some. Will take in a Sunday matinee.

I have to avoid spoilers for a whole week. That won't be easy.
    That is what I did with the last few, but I figured that I won’t be able to avoid spoilers this time around. One of my clients owns a nice theater with reserved seating, so while I am paying a premium, it is going to a good cause (or at least, a good client) and I won’t have to worry about lines.
    Carolina delenda est

Curious to others thoughts on a discussion my brother and I had last night. We both agreed that unless Anakin has some kind of major role to play in TROS then the sequel trilogy will be completely invalid. The first six films in the saga are all about the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin Skywalker so to not include him in a major way at the conclusion of the Skywalker saga would be an extremely large misstep. Just curious about others opinions on this.

Quote Originally Posted by mr shadow 008 View Post
    Curious to others thoughts on a discussion my brother and I had last night. We both agreed that unless Anakin has some kind of major role to play in TROS then the sequel trilogy will be completely invalid. The first six films in the saga are all about the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin Skywalker so to not include him in a major way at the conclusion of the Skywalker saga would be an extremely large misstep. Just curious about others opinions on this.
    Wasn’t his story arc resolved in VI? Seems to me that the story of Rey and maybe Luke are the ones to be resolved.

Lots of ways it can go.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I'm not going to speak for others but if you're interested in some simultaneously highbrow and lowbrow film criticism, this is a pretty good dissection of the issues with "Last Jedi". (Note that the "Mr Plinkett" character uses some NSFW language and humor which is not everybody's cup of tea):