Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Wasn’t sure where exactly to put this but... can I get a Hallelujah? Benioff and Weiss are no longer slated to ruin the next Star Wars trilogy as they are too busy with their next round of Netflix projects.

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/10...iss-star-wars/
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Wasn’t sure where exactly to put this but... can I get a Hallelujah? Benioff and Weiss are no longer slated to ruin the next Star Wars trilogy as they are too busy with their next round of Netflix projects.

I read this story last night and immediately thought, "If you believe they are too busy with their unnamed Netflix projects to find time for Star-bleeping-Wars then I've got some swampland in New Jersey to sell to you."

This sounds like a cover story for Kathleen Kennedy telling them, "We have decided you are just not good at storytelling and your names are pretty much a burning toxic waste dump for genre fans at this point."

-Jason "the minute I heard that Kevin Feigie was being consulted on Star Wars, I suspected that Benioff and Weiss were being moved to the back burner" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I guess I question whether the "Skywalker" story is even still being told. I mean, Han is dead, Luke is dust, and Carrie Fisher is going to play a pretty limited role in this movie, I suspect. That said, JJ titled this film with that family name and I strongly suspect he is going to tie Rey back to the Skywalker clan.
    It's a post like this that really makes me weep for The Last Jedi. If Skywalker delivers, it will most likely make everything irrelevant from Jedi save the Kylo/Rey relationship. When we look back on it, Jedi will seem like a filler movie best remember for Leia's absurd non-death. To me, that would have been a fitting send off, instead we'll have to see some CGI Leia. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    It's a post like this that really makes me weep for The Last Jedi. If Skywalker delivers, it will most likely make everything irrelevant from Jedi save the Kylo/Rey relationship. When we look back on it, Jedi will seem like a filler movie best remember for Leia's absurd non-death. To me, that would have been a fitting send off, instead we'll have to see some CGI Leia. Ugh.
    Don't believe they are using CGI for Leia, they are using footage shot for the previous movies that ended up going unused.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    When we look back on it, Jedi will seem like a filler movie best remember for Leia's absurd non-death.
    That and Luke squeezing the tits of a space cow and drinking blue milk. Ugh...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

That and Luke squeezing the tits of a space cow and drinking blue milk. Ugh...
    If they had just insinuated that he milked a creature to get some milk rather than actually show him basically drink it straight from the udder I think it would have been more tolerable. Also, it was green milk. Making it a blue milk throwback ("oh that's where blue milk comes from") might have redeemed it a bit. The way it was done, it was just an unpleasant, uncomfortable scene. Any chance they'll release an anti-director's cut with that scene specifically removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    If they had just insinuated that he milked a creature to get some milk rather than actually show him basically drink it straight from the udder I think it would have been more tolerable. Also, it was green milk. Making it a blue milk throwback ("oh that's where blue milk comes from") might have redeemed it a bit. The way it was done, it was just an unpleasant, uncomfortable scene. Any chance they'll release an anti-director's cut with that scene specifically removed?
    "The utter shot first"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post

What a coincidence that this news comes out at the same time as the GoT insights about their general ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    But then they wouldn't have had two options at the Milk Stand in Galaxy's Edge...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "The utter shot first"
    #triggered

I read this story last night and immediately thought, "If you believe they are too busy with their unnamed Netflix projects to find time for Star-bleeping-Wars then I've got some swampland in New Jersey to sell to you."

This sounds like a cover story for Kathleen Kennedy telling them, "We have decided you are just not good at storytelling and your names are pretty much a burning toxic waste dump for genre fans at this point."

-Jason "the minute I heard that Kevin Feigie was being consulted on Star Wars, I suspected that Benioff and Weiss were being moved to the back burner" Evans
    Agreed, and I was relieved to learn of this announcement for that reason.

And in case anyone thought that genre fans may have moved on and that GOT business was all water under the bridge: maybe not so much.
    Last edited by IrishDevil; 10-29-2019 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Just saw the posts in the GOT thread - more info there

They should let Vince Gilligan do it.

I would like to register another complaint, which I have probably registered before. Seeing Matt Parkman from Heroes immediately breaks immersion for me every time he is on screen.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    In less than a month from now, ALL OF OUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!! (hahahahaha)

While my gf is not a big Star Wars fan, she's enjoyed the last two at least. So to get ready for nine, we are going to watch IV - VIII in the next four weeks. (Screw you, Jar-Jar)

I think it's a fun idea. She is way bad at sitting still through 2 hours of anything, so we'll choose our nights and spread one movie out over two evenings, leading up to whatever day we manage to avoid spoilers and go see nine in the theaters.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    In less than a month from now, ALL OF OUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!! (hahahahaha)

While my gf is not a big Star Wars fan, she's enjoyed the last two at least. So to get ready for nine, we are going to watch IV - VIII in the next four weeks. (Screw you, Jar-Jar)

I think it's a fun idea. She is way bad at sitting still through 2 hours of anything, so we'll choose our nights and spread one movie out over two evenings, leading up to whatever day we manage to avoid spoilers and go see nine in the theaters.
    There was a whole lot of “what’s the right order to watch Star Wars” after the prequel trilogy, which spawned the Machete Order.

Rogue One adds a whole new dimension to the original trilogy.

Rogue One
    IV
    V
    I
    II
    III
    VI
    VII
    VIII
    IX

Not really sure it matters where Solo fits.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    There was a whole lot of “what’s the right order to watch Star Wars” after the prequel trilogy, which spawned the Machete Order.

Rogue One
    IV
    V
    I
    II
    III
    VI
    VII
    VIII
    IX

I thought Solo was much better than it is treated. SonPK agrees.

I think the prequels are awful, though SonPK vehemently disagrees. He puts them above VII and VIII.

May be a generational thing. Although I think Kylo Ren is a weak villain.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I thought Solo was much better than it is treated. SonPK agrees.

I think the prequels are awful, though SonPK vehemently disagrees. He puts them above VII and VIII.

May be a generational thing. Although I think Kylo Ren is a weak villain.
    I enjoyed Solo the first watch.
    I was surprised how unwatchable I found it the second and third times. There were some loose ends in Solo I wish were movie projects.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Rogue One
    IV
    V
    I
    II
    III
    VI
    VII
    VIII
    IX

Good reminder. We may start with Rogue one. The thing for me, though, is that it has a different feel. Obviously it fits in the timeline nicely, but not so much in with the cinema of it all.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Good reminder. We may start with Rogue one. The thing for me, though, is that it has a different feel. Obviously it fits in the timeline nicely, but not so much in with the cinema of it all.
    Yeah, that might be my concern. You might just watch it between the OT and the sequels if you want to include it.

Rogue One
    IV
    V
    I
    II
    III
    VI
    VII
    VIII
    IX

I think this is a good order for existing fans, but not so much for new viewers. For them, I think IV has to come before Rogue One. Really I think you need to watch the whole OT before Rogue One. The Vader scene at the end kind of ruins any Vader scenes in the OT because of how full/clumsy his movements are by comparison.