Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Bucks looking very good and Pistons looking very bad (but without Blake Griffin). After also watching Indiana, I stick with my belief that the East really isn't deep at all. Milwaukee and Boston are excellent defensive teams for sure, but even so...
    At least Luke has played well!

Surprised Milwaukee isn't getting more love here.

And blech to speculation about Duke's next coach, feels better to just enjoy what we have both at Duke and on TV right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    They never booed Mike Schmidt, did they?
    I found another story:

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...n-philadelphia

"When his name was called in pregame introductions, the fans began to boo, and then they saw him rush onto the field in disguise, looking utterly ridiculous, taking his position at first base and tossing grounders to his teammates while that shaggy wig dragged down his back."

Pretty funny story/article actually.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by darthur View Post
    At least Luke has played well!

And blech to speculation about Duke's next coach, feels better to just enjoy what we have both at Duke and on TV right now.
    Luke is one my favorite Blue Devils of the past ten years. I really like his game. And he’s been playing pretty well for awhile now. Dude shot 40% from 3-pt range this season. And that’s the NBA line, He probably would have shot 46% for us this year as a senior.

As to you not wanting to speculate about Duke’s next coach...the season is over, man. Did you notice how dead the board was today? Would you rather speculate about our potential starting lineup and how the minutes will be apportioned? Or should we just obsess over current commits as well as the possibility of who might still be coming to Durham with this year’s class as well as who might still leave (Bolden) or transfer (Baker, O’Connell)?

I’m just thankful the playoffs are here. The NBA is better than ever. At least on the court. It’s off the court where the problems are: Anthony Davis and his trade demand fiasco; Kevin Durant with his sullen attitude, fighting with teammates, and free agent destination speculation; Lebron James and his LA lifestyle circus, throwing teammates under the bus, and getting yet another coach fired; Kyrie and, well, I don’t even want to get started on that.

Anyway, the playoffs are going to be epic this year. So many interesting storylines. Yesterday started it off with a bang. And it’s only going to get better as each round arrives. I’ll be watching every chance I get.

The game to watch tonight is Brooklyn v Philadelphia at 8:00. The pressure is on the 76ers to win this one, being down 0-1 and with games 3 and 4 in Brooklyn. I hope the Nets win to go up 2-0. Unlikely to happen, though.

One interesting stat - should the Celtics win the playoffs, the City of Boston would simultaneously have the world champs in Football, Baseball, and Basketball. I don't think one city has ever held all 3 titles simultaneously. And to be fair, it's unlikely that the Celtics will win this year.

Here's the results of my quick Wikipedia search. I may have missed something b/c seasons don't overlap, so a team could win titles in separate years but still hold all 3 simultaneously.
    1968/69 - Mets and Jets (Celtics won NBA)
    1970 - Orioles and Colts (Baltimore) (Knicks won NBA)
    1979 - Pirates and Steelers (Seattle won NBA)
    1986 - Mets and NY Giants (Celtics won NBA)
    2004 - Red Sox and Patriots (Pistons won NBA)
    2019 - Red Sox and Patriots (???)
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    One interesting stat - should the Celtics win the playoffs, the City of Boston would simultaneously have the world champs in Football, Baseball, and Basketball. I don't think one city has ever held all 3 titles simultaneously. And to be fair, it's unlikely that the Celtics will win this year.

Here's the results of my quick Wikipedia search. I may have missed something b/c seasons don't overlap, so a team could win titles in separate years but still hold all 3 simultaneously...
    Wouldn't that be like the once-upon-a-time Tiger Slam? (Just a few to go to hold it again!)

-jk

Sixers exacting revenge tonight. Put up a 52 point 3rd quarter. J.J. hitting and playing ok D. Got a tech arguing a bad foul. Simmons urging the fans to cheer after calling them out for booing during game 1 (he may not fully get Philly...).

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Sixers exacting revenge tonight. Put up a 52 point 3rd quarter. J.J. hitting and playing ok D. Got a tech arguing a bad foul. Simmons urging the fans to cheer after calling them out for booing during game 1 (he may not fully get Philly...).
    52 points in the third quarter? What??? I had to leave the game at halftime when it was 65-64. What the heck happened in that 3rd quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Wait, did Santa attend the game?

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Go Jazz. I'd love to see Quinn Synder pull that upset. Grayson could also see some PT and make some good contributions. Go Quinn Cook. And go all the other Dukies as well.
    My heart is with Grayson... pulling out a 2015 "road to the NC" moment.

Warriors-Clippers tonight was amazing. Lou Williams was making everything in the second half. 85 points for the Clippers in the second half en route to a comeback from 31 points down (not a misprint - it was 94-63 GS and the Clips won 135-131)

Quite a performance from the other LA squad , but GS has asked that it not be called a comeback; the Clips merely produced an unrequested point surplus.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Warriors-Clippers tonight was amazing. Lou Williams was making everything in the second half. 85 points for the Clippers in the second half en route to a comeback from 31 points down (not a misprint - it was 94-63 GS and the Clips won 135-131)
    Was Dale Brown guest coach for GS for the second half?

The Clippers are going to be one heck of a free agent destination. Lou, Harrell, and SGA are all on very reasonable and favorable deals and they are going to have $80+ mil in cap space. It is not at all unreasonable to think they will get Kawhi and one other top tier free agent which would make them a very real threat to the Warriors. They have managed to both have a bright present and a bright future, which ain't easy in the NBA. Giving the Warriors a real battle only makes them all that much more attractive.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The Clippers are going to be one heck of a free agent destination. Lou, Harrell, and SGA are all on very reasonable and favorable deals and they are going to have $80+ mil in cap space. It is not at all unreasonable to think they will get Kawhi and one other top tier free agent which would make them a very real threat to the Warriors.
    The Clippers might be a very real threat to the Warriors RIGHT NOW. It’s a best 3 out of 5 series at this point with the Clippers having homecourt advantage. And I hope you’re right about them being a good free agent destination going forward. Anything to help keep the best players from going to the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    The Clippers might be a very real threat to the Warriors RIGHT NOW. It’s a best 3 out of 5 series at this point with the Clippers having homecourt advantage. And I hope you’re right about them being a good free agent destination going forward. Anything to help keep the best players from going to the Lakers.
    Golden State is -6000 to win the series...
    The Clippers are +2000.

https://mobile.betonline.ag/sports/o...A%20SERIES&p=0

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    No they're not. Clippers played their hearts out. This is another - of many - wake up calls for the most talented team in the country. Dubs won't lose another game this series.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The Clippers are going to be one heck of a free agent destination. Lou, Harrell, and SGA are all on very reasonable and favorable deals and they are going to have $80+ mil in cap space. It is not at all unreasonable to think they will get Kawhi and one other top tier free agent which would make them a very real threat to the Warriors. They have managed to both have a bright present and a bright future, which ain't easy in the NBA. Giving the Warriors a real battle only makes them all that much more attractive.
    Somewhere Lebron is absolutely kicking himself for going to the other LA-NBA team. He could have gotten all of the benefits of Hollywood with a much better basketball situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Somewhere Lebron is absolutely kicking himself for going to the other LA-NBA team. He could have gotten all of the benefits of Hollywood with a much better basketball situation.
    That is the million dollar question - does he want a better basketball situation or does he want an organization where he, Mav, Randy, Rich and the crew get to effectively call the shots? I feel like it's the latter...

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Eh idk the Lakers when they were healthy were a 4 seed and probably only getting better. The injuries took them down and chemistry put them out of their misery.

I would much rather have the Lakers roster.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking