Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Fivethirtyeight's projections for the NBA play-offs. No surprise the Warriors remain the overwhelming favorites. Raptors slightly ahead of Bucks for coming out of the East.

Joel Embiid listed as doubtful for today's game. Haven't seen an official diagnosis but discussion of tendonitis in his left knee. Given his injury history and size, I wonder about Embiid's longevity. There's a lot of speculation about this in Philly and belief that Embiid's potential short shelf life is why the 76ers went out and got Butler and Tobias Harris. They have a short window and need to win now before Embiid declines too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Fivethirtyeight's projections for the NBA play-offs.
    No surprise to see the Spurs with a 1 in 8 shot of advancing in the playoffs. Just not enough talent on the team. What might have been. They'll continue to coax enough out of what they have to make the playoffs as long as Pop is around, 22 years and counting. I think the city populace recognizes this and are slowly moving on accordingly.

Warriors over Raptors in 7. Thought hard about Raptors over Warriors in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Warriors over Raptors in 7. Thought hard about Raptors over Warriors in 6.
    Paging richardjackson199...

"I'll take the Warriors right now to win these NBA Playoffs. You get the field. Winner gets a pie. Anybody wanna play?" (quoted from rj himself in post #3 in Ymm, Pie)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Paging richardjackson199...

"I'll take the Warriors right now to win these NBA Playoffs. You get the field. Winner gets a pie. Anybody wanna play?" (quoted from rj himself in post #3 in Ymm, Pie)
    Getting no action on that bet proves how lame the NBA Playoffs are compared to the NCAAT. And the NBA obviously has a much, much higher level of basketball. The NCAAT gets great ratings because the sudden death nature of every game creates so much drama and suspense.

The playoffs by contrast are just starting and the only real question is how many games it will take the Warriors to win each series. That they will win it all is a foregone conclusion unless they suffer a serious injury. The Warriors could spot 2 games to the Clippers and still have no worries in that series. They're just too good and they're going to win. Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Duke players on playoff teams (not 100% sure everyone will be on the postseason roster):

Golden State - Quinn Cook
    Denver - Mason Plumlee
    Portland - Seth Curry, Rodney Hood, Gary Trent
    Houston - Austin Rivers, Trevon Duval
    Utah - Grayson Allen

Philadelphia - J.J. Redick
    Boston - Kyrie Irving, Jayson Tatum, Semi Ojeleye*
    Orlando - Amile Jefferson
    Detroit - Luke Kennard

*I know, I know, I've heard all the arguments. He played at Duke.
    Go Jazz. I'd love to see Quinn Synder pull that upset. Grayson could also see some PT and make some good contributions. Go Quinn Cook. And go all the other Dukies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Getting no action on that bet proves how lame the NBA Playoffs are compared to the NCAAT.
    I didn't see the offer, but fyi, the Warriors are definitely a strong favorite against the field. At most books, you can get close to 2 to 1 to bet on GSW *not* winning it all. So, a 1-for-1 pie bet isn't fair :-)

I didn't see the offer, but fyi, the Warriors are definitely a strong favorite against the field. At most books, you can get close to 2 to 1 to bet on GSW *not* winning it all. So, a 1-for-1 pie bet isn't fair :-)
    Maybe I should change my name to TroublemakerII for stirring this pot...

(Oops, I mean soup or stew as I've learned I should not use the word "pot" if/when richardjackson199 is involved .)

538 had Golden State's odds of winning the finals at 58%. Vegas sees them as even significantly higher than that. Lame. Hopefully Durant leaves that team this offseason.

(Oops, I mean soup or stew as I've learned I should not use the word "pot" if/when richardjackson199 is involved .)
    Just make sure your beer is stirred and not shaken, Troublemaker 2.

538 had Golden State's odds of winning the finals at 58%. Vegas sees them as even significantly higher than that. Lame. Hopefully Durant leaves that team this offseason.
    Houston really could take them out in the second round. If the Rockets had the home-court advantage I think they would win a prospective series with the Warriors. But they don’t have it. If they could steal game one or two in Oakland they’ll probably win the series.

Caris Lavert is back!! 16 points off the bench in the first half as the Nets lead the 76ers by 8 in Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Houston really could take them out in the second round. If the Rockets had the home-court advantage I think they would win a prospective series with the Warriors. But they don’t have it. If they could steal game one or two in Oakland they’ll probably win the series.
    But the Jazz could also take out the Rockets in the first round. Go Grayson and go Quin Snyder!

Warriors roll. Best backcourt. (Quinn Cook). Duke is never the underdog. nuff said.
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 04-13-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Redick with a really nice 3 from a difficult position,

But the Jazz could also take out the Rockets in the first round. Go Grayson and go Quinn Snyder!
    You’re definitely right. Utah very well could win that series, and I hope they do. I simply cannot stand James Harden’s game, I love Grayson, and I’m a huge fan of Quin Snyder, Duke’s next head coach.

Do I sense a pot pie bet?

Tough day for JJ. 5 points and just fouled out. The booing has begun in Philadelphia. Embiid looks like the opposite of whatever spry is.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The booing has begun in Philadelphia.
    Santa Claus must be there.
    Last edited by pfrduke; 04-13-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Santa Claus must be there.
    Or Mike Schmidt...
    Last edited by pfrduke; 04-13-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Or Mike Schmidt...
    They never booed Mike Schmidt, did they?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”