View Poll Results: What will be the top 5 grossing films at the summer 2019 boxoffice

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Avengers: Endgame

48 97.96%
  • Pokemon: Detective Pikachu

19 38.78%
  • John Wick: Chapter 3

0 0%
  • Aladdin

11 22.45%
  • Godzilla: King of Monsters

2 4.08%
  • The Secret Life of Pets 2

17 34.69%
  • X-Men: Dark Phoenix

4 8.16%
  • Men in Black: International

3 6.12%
  • Toy Story 4

46 93.88%
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home

43 87.76%
  • The Lion King

45 91.84%
  • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

0 0%
  • Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw

7 14.29%
  • Field (any film not mentioned above)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    . Even the gawd awful Fantastic Four movie (the gawd awful last one, not the gawd awful one before it) made $170M. (wow, gawd awful first one made 330M, suckers!)
    Typically we only reference the US domestic take in this thread...you are talking about worldwide.

154, 132 and 56 million were the domestic takes with the first to the most recent, respectively.

By comparison, all but the first X-Men ($295m) out-grossed even that first Final Four in worldwide boxoffice. Days of Future Past actually topped $750m worldwide! No wonder they keep making more.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Typically we only reference the US domestic take in this thread...you are talking about worldwide.

154, 132 and 56 million were the domestic takes with the first to the most recent, respectively.

By comparison, all but the first X-Men ($295m) out-grossed even that first Final Four in worldwide boxoffice. Days of Future Past actually topped $750m worldwide! No wonder they keep making more.
    I saved my $ and didn't watch any of them. Still haven't. But then, I haven't watched any Marvel flick in the theater since Iron Man 1, and no other movie since Guardians 1 & 2 on tv. Those were fun, but I don't like having to keep up with movies to know what's going on when I pay over $10 for a bucket of popcorn.

Now, you kids get your feet off my back rest.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I saved my $ and didn't watch any of them. Still haven't. But then, I haven't watched any Marvel flick in the theater since Iron Man 1, and no other movie since Guardians 1 & 2 on tv. Those were fun, but I don't like having to keep up with movies to know what's going on when I pay over $10 for a bucket of popcorn.

Now, you kids get your feet off my back rest.
    Dude, rent the video tape and watch from home!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Do the what?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Do the what?
    I apologize. Visit your local blockbuster and rent a laser disc.

I apologize. Visit your local blockbuster and rent a laser disc.
    Here's a quarter to grab yourself a soda pop on the way home.

Just remember to be kind and rewind.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    Just remember to be kind and rewind.
    I couldn’t find the rewind button on my DVD player so I hit reverse at double speed.

It took forever. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I couldn’t find the rewind button on my DVD player so I hit reverse at double speed.

It took forever. ☹️

Amen.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Starting to see some really dismal reviews of Dark Phoenix. Amazing how a once great franchise has been laid low.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Starting to see some really dismal reviews of Dark Phoenix. Amazing how a once great franchise has been laid low.
    Embargo lifted at 1am. I will have my written 100 words later today, but for now... if you feel like listening, Josh and I rip this piece of !#^!^ right here: https://soundcloud.com/jason-evans-1...t-dark-phoenix
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Umm, I thought you weren’t professionally trained?

SLOP2 crossed over in to "Rotten" territory a little bit ago, now with a 59% rating on RT. So in all likelihood, two of our main contenders vying for the #5 spot will both be less than good. (Aladdin being the other one.) Also likely that the top two movies for this weekend will both be bleah, and if Aladdin has enough legs to stay up there, the top three may fill that category. (Hell, I guess Godzilla could make it 4/4 for badness at the top.)

I didn't vote and now it's too late but if I had or it wasn't, all 5 of my picks would have been Crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I didn't vote and now it's too late but if I had or it wasn't, all 5 of my picks would have been Crawl.
    Do we need to see the movie after seeing the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Umm, I thought you weren’t professionally trained?
    I'm a professionally trained I'm a real wanker for saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Do we need to see the movie after seeing the trailer?
    I often tell people they confuse wants and needs. This is not one of those cases. Yes, you NEED to see crawl.

Secret Life of Pets 2 made $47.1 mil over the weekend. Unless it has crazy good legs, it is not going to challenge Aladdin for the 5th spot.

Dark Phoenix made $33 mil and is dead on arrival with terrible reviews and lousy word of mouth. It won't even make $100 mil total.

At this point, I would put at least a 75% chance that the top 5 are Avengers, Toy Story 4, Spidey, Lion King, and Aladdin.

-Jason "all of those are Disney films... wow" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    all of those are Disney films... wow
    And they've got at least Episode 9 and Frozen 2 coming in the Winter. Someone's gonna have a nice bonus this year.

‘Dark Phoenix’ Bound To Lose $100M+ After Worst Domestic Opening In ‘X-Men’ Series: Here’s Why

Even though Dark Phoenix is the No. 1 winner around the globe with $140M –down substantially from the worldwide launches of X-Men: Days of Future Past ($262.9M), Logan ($247.4M) and X-Men: Apocalypse ($166.6M), finance experts tell us that the tale of Jean Grey will burn out with an estimated $100M-$120M loss after ancillaries, off a combined production and P&A estimated cost of $350M+ (which includes reshoots). Final global B.O. is projected at $300M-$325M, with one film finance suit telling us “If it drops like a stone, $285M. Don’t forget it was a holiday in China, and even that was pretty low ($45.7M).”