Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Tre Jones Returning?!

Tre Jones just posted a picture of himself with the caption, “Year 2?”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv7_OnpHBNd/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=xxevt35f43rj

I love this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleDuke7 View Post
    Tre Jones just posted a picture of himself with the caption, “Year 2?”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv7_OnpH...d=xxevt35f43rj

I love this kid.
    Done deal.

That would be nice to have him back. There's room for RJ Hampton too. It would work.

I'm gonna try and not gonna get too fired up about it, because kids are weird. But hard to see Tre post that and then leave...
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

It would be a good way to improve his game bc he would need to be a bigger scorers next yesr

Bro Tyus responds, “Write your own story”

I smell hot blueberry pie.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Please let this be true. I can’t describe how much of a weight off my shoulders that would be.

That said, nothing’s official until it’s official. I won’t let out that deep breath until I see an official press release from Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I'm gonna try and not gonna get too fired up about it, because kids are weird. But hard to see Tre post that and then leave...
    FWIW, Tyus replied to the post with, “Write your own story! I love you my boy, let’s workkkkk”

Seems pretty legit to me. Pleasant surprise!

Tre isn't the kind of person that would troll us like this. Get some optimism people!

Quote Originally Posted by skysdad View Post
    That would be nice to have him back. There's room for RJ Hampton too. It would work.
    Isn't RJ Hampton 2020? So, Tre and RJH wouldn't overlap next year.

Having said that, LOVE THIS NEWS!! Although not a done deal, obviously coming directly from the player is a heavy suggestion.

I was skeptical. I thought Tre would at least test the waters and get evaluated and then decide...if he flat out says, I'm coming back, I'm totally impressed. You da man, Tre!

Would be nice.

He is clearly looking for opinions. I say yes.

Fantastic news! Loves Duke and realizes he can improve as a player and a prospect here. I'm all for guys securing themselves financially, but after so many guys erring on the side of declaring in recent years, sometimes to their detriment (Trayvon, Trent, Jackson, arguably Tyus), it's nice to see someone decide to do the work here.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...31771160141831

That's from Jonathan Givony. He also pretty much said Duke is getting Matthew Hurt. This looks official. Would be shocked if things went another way. Shocked and heartbroken.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...31771160141831

That's from Jonathan Givony. He also pretty much said Duke is getting Matthew Hurt. This looks official. Would be shocked if things went another way. Shocked and heartbroken.
    Boom. 2 great pieces of news reported in the same tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Boom. 2 great pieces of news reported in the same tweet.
    Yeah, but note that the tweet mentioned Javin back but not Marques. I think we just have to wait and see on everybody until we hear actual news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Yeah, but note that the tweet mentioned Javin back but not Marques. I think we just have to wait and see on everybody until we hear actual news.
    Marques not returning making sense. If we play Carey and Hurt at the 5 and 4, where are Bolden's minutes?

I loved watching Tre play this year and it would be amazing to have him back next year. It's tough to look at his year and think "this guy is ready for the NBA" but I guess things don't always go how they seem. With another year at Duke I think Tre could really work on his playmaking abilities and obviously his shooting which would really compliment his already strong defense. Would obviously be a big boon and cornerstone of the starting lineup next year. Wish him the best whatever he decides but... please come back Tre!