Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quinerly, from Nova, headed to Alabama.

Former McD's AA Jordan Brown pick Arizona

Seventh to the Cocks according to my Gamecock buddies

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Seventh to the Cocks according to my Gamecock buddies
    Surprisingly as a walk-on but maybe there’s a scholarship available after the mandatory red-shirt year.
    https://southcarolina.rivals.com/new...30jN5CBjxb_Sgs

Pitt lands Eric Hamilton (6'9" 250):

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201906060130

As a junior last season for a UNC Greensboro team that finished 29-7, the 250-pound Hamilton appeared in all 36 games, starting in six of them. In 16.3 minutes per game, the Atlanta native averaged 6.1 points and 4.4 rebounds per game while shooting 59.1 percent from the field (a percentage that didn’t include any 3-point attempts).
    Hamilton previously played two seasons at Wichita State.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Pitt lands Eric Hamilton (6'9" 250):

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201906060130

Hamilton previously played two seasons at Wichita State.
    Just another Atlanta native making the Wichita to Greensboro to Pittsburgh cycle. This new era provides for some interesting tours of duty.

Pat Spencer, who won the Tewaaraton Award as the outstanding player in college lacrosse this year, will play basketball for Chris Collins at Northwestern next year. He was first-team All-State in basketball in Maryland as a high school senior.

Kerry Blackshear is still far and away the top grad transfer left on the board. He has planned a visit to Kentucky and now he is reportedly considering Memphis. Man, I don’t want to see him go to either of those teams. Florida, Arkansas and TN are the other schools he has visited, really hope it’s one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Kerry Blackshear is still far and away the top grad transfer left on the board. He has planned a visit to Kentucky and now he is reportedly considering Memphis. Man, I don’t want to see him go to either of those teams. Florida, Arkansas and TN are the other schools he has visited, really hope it’s one of those.
    ABc.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Pat Spencer, who won the Tewaaraton Award as the outstanding player in college lacrosse this year, will play basketball for Chris Collins at Northwestern next year. He was first-team All-State in basketball in Maryland as a high school senior.
    Think he can handle the physicality of Bigwhatever basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Think he can handle the physicality of Bigwhatever basketball?
    He’s 6’3”, 210, and no one will be hitting him with six feet of aluminum - titanium alloy? He’ll be fine.

Derryk Thornton will get a chance to play in Cameron again...

He is transferring to BC.

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/201...boston-college

-Jason "I really, really hope the Crazies treat him with respect" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Derryk Thornton will get a chance to play in Cameron again...

He is transferring to BC.

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/201...boston-college

What a long, strange trip it's been.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    What a long, strange trip it's been.
    He's made the transfer All Mileage team with that one...

Surprised to see him back on the east coast, I thought homesickness might have been one of the contributing factors to him leaving Duke. Of course, that was three years ago. Best of luck to him.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Why wouldn't they? Of course most of the Crazies at the game won't even have been in school when he was a freshmen...but if they do anything, that means that they consider him worthy of their attention. That's respect.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Goodness

Well, I never expected to see him again in the ACC, and much less playing for a team that went 5-13 in the conference last year. That's way better than the 0-18 from three years ago, but that's obviously not what he was expecting when he left Duke.

I just hope that he has a good season and a positive experience at BC, but I feel sorry for him because it certainly appears that he was swayed to leave Duke by family pressures. Unfortunately, guys like Thornton and Chris Burgess were led astray, and it's a real shame all around. The would have been better off staying at Duke, and their teams would have been better off having them.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Well, I never expected to see him again in the ACC, and much less playing for a team that went 5-13 in the conference last year. That's way better than the 0-18 from three years ago, but that's obviously not what he was expecting when he left Duke.

I just hope that he has a good season and a positive experience at BC, but I feel sorry for him because it certainly appears that he was swayed to leave Duke by family pressures. Unfortunately, guys like Thornton and Chris Burgess were led astray, and it's a real shame all around. The would have been better off staying at Duke, and their teams would have been better off having them.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him have a good season. However I hope he stinks when he plays the Blue Devils. Seemed like a good kid that was led astray by family members. GoDuke!

No official announcement but there are multiple Twitter reports that Kerry Blackshear has committed to Kentucky after his visit there. If true, would likely vault them to preseason #1.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    No official announcement but there are multiple Twitter reports that Kerry Blackshear has committed to Kentucky after his visit there. If true, would likely vault them to preseason #1.
    No official announcement but there are multiple rumors that John Calipari said, “I’d trade my own son for a chance to bring in Kerry Blackshear.”