Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    You must be kidding. The winnings are the winnings -- checks are written; funds are transferred. The others are imaginary.

Cato won.
    I obviously have no dog in this fight as I’ll finish middle of the pack either way, but we explicitly stated at the beginning of the contest that we would exclude the FedEx winnings (like we did last year when the Tour Championship has its own purse) in order to not drastically overweight the final event. People picked their teams with that in mind as I didn’t catch the change in prize money for this year early enough to have clear rules from the outset. CDus team would have won under last years rules (ie the rules we thought we were playing) due to his consistent performance across 3 events despite not picking the winner. Cato had the ultimate winner so they have a strong case as well. Again, I’m just presenting both ways since I messed up the starting spot

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I obviously have no dog in this fight as I’ll finish middle of the pack either way, but we explicitly stated at the beginning of the contest that we would exclude the FedEx winnings (like we did last year when the Tour Championship has its own purse) in order to not drastically overweight the final event. People picked their teams with that in mind as I didn’t catch the change in prize money for this year early enough to have clear rules from the outset. CDus team would have won under last years rules (ie the rules we thought we were playing) due to his consistent performance across 3 events despite not picking the winner. Cato had the ultimate winner so they have a strong case as well. Again, I’m just presenting both ways since I messed up the starting spot
    I appreciate mkirsh's efforts and desire to reach some kind of compromise, but the only way to exclude the FedEx winnings is for us to invent a purse for the Tour Championship on our own (with some guidance from last year... but still). As stated earlier, the strong performance of players in earlier events gave them a leg up on winning the Tour Championship so it is not like the only thing that mattered was one tournament. And, with multiple folks picking the eventual Tour Championship winner, the winnings from earlier events (and from other teammates in the TC) were the ultimate determination of who won the contest.

To me, there is no question who that winner is... Cato.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

On the bright side, if it has been a unanimous decision, I may have been tempted to try to get a spread in the Body issue, and no one wants that!

Thanks mkirsh! This was fun once again.
    Carolina delenda est

Congrats to cato. Did Rory's caddy get 10% of $15 mil, or some paltry amount?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Top caddies have better than 10 pct deals with world-famous players 'cuz those players make much more money via endorsements. But have endorsements only because of winning tournaments. Ergo, caddies are important.

At least that is what I think is true.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    He wasn't caddying for Kuchar, so I assume he got a big payout.

Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    He wasn't caddying for Kuchar, so I assume he got a big payout.

Too soon?
    Very much so. Kuchar paid his caddy the amount agreed upon before the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Very much so. Kuchar paid his caddy the amount agreed upon before the tournament.
    Actually, he paid a lot more than the contract specifies, as I remember.

I don't think he did anything wrong. Still thought the little jab I made was at least a tiny bit amusing, and I also kind of wondered whether people would know what I was talking about.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Actually, he paid a lot more than the contract specifies, as I remember.

I don't think he did anything wrong. Still thought the little jab I made was at least a tiny bit amusing, and I also kind of wondered whether people would know what I was talking about.
    Kuchar is going to lug that rep around for a while. Them’s the breaks!