Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 294
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Tiger needs to make a big charge today if he wants to make an impact.
    Charging in wrong direction.
    +2 for the day after 3.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    17-year-old Michael Thorbjornsen is the youngest player in the field. He actually made the cut, at 2-over. But, he is showing his age today. The kid is +11 on his round, +13 overall, with a few holes still left to play. Still, a US Open at age 17... darn impressive.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  3. #203
    Chandler Eaton still at even...

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Finished the third round two over for the tournament. Pretty impressive.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Team Green has two golfers in contention with Brooks Koepka (T3) and Rory McIlroy (6) four and five strokes off the lead, respectively. If Gary Woodland manages to hold on and win, it will make our contest interesting as no one has Woodland on their team.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Phil and Tiger are taking turns driving and riding shotgun in their Tank of Suckitude.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Congrats to those who took Koepka again. I donít think I was DFL, but it might have been close.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Brooks Koepka - 10 (10.81)
    Francesco Molinari - 6 (6.82)
    Justin Thomas - 6 (6.82)
    Xander Schauffele - 5 (5.95)
    Marc Leishman - 3 (3.92)

    Winning score: -5

    -Jason "New strategy: I picked nothing but players who were really close to costing one more point... so all guys who were on .8 or 9 in the OWGR" Evans
    This worked fairly well...

    Koepka - 2nd, $1.35 mil
    Schauffele - T3rd, $581k
    Molinari - T16, $172k
    Leishman - T35, $57k
    Thomas - cut

    I don't think I won as I bet someone had BK plus a T3 guy and someone better than 16th, but I bet I came close. I can live with that after my wretched non-Tiger performance at the Masters.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Here is what I calculate - someone please double check but congrats to rasputin for narrowly edging out Jason Evans


    rasputin $2,338,185
    Jason Evans $2,162,180
    cato $2,029,953
    accfanfrom1970 $2,024,404
    mkirsh $1,780,164
    elvis14 $1,731,247
    Rich $1,718,046
    Bob Green $1,704,066
    CDu $1,612,377
    Rogue $1,549,302
    CameronBornandBred $1,366,376
    killerleft $1,307,993
    Turk $1,069,889
    mr. synellinden $858,460
    tbyers11 $846,525
    sagegrouse $775,074
    curtis325 $644,119
    Son-of-Tripping $550,336
    nmduke2001 $532,847

    Through the first 3 majors I have the following, with a very tight leaderboard at the top. The "always pick Koepka" strategy that has worked so well for the last 2 majors will be tested at next month's British, where Koepka finished T39 last year. See you all in a month at Portrush!

    Name Masters PGA US Open Total 2019
    Rogue $3,132,312 $3,281,850 $1,549,302 $7,963,464
    mkirsh $3,400,647 $2,283,845 $1,780,164 $7,464,656
    CDu $3,521,732 $2,119,200 $1,612,377 $7,253,309
    CameronBornandBred $2,735,649 $3,129,790 $1,366,376 $7,231,815
    cato $1,496,188 $3,009,445 $2,029,953 $6,535,586
    accfanfrom1970 $1,745,174 $2,210,750 $2,024,404 $5,980,328
    rasputin $1,050,123 $2,084,436 $2,338,185 $5,472,744
    Rich $995,785 $2,234,300 $1,718,046 $4,948,131
    Bob Green $2,187,349 $1,018,545 $1,704,066 $4,909,960
    tbyers11 $1,402,330 $2,433,945 $846,525 $4,682,800
    Jason Evans $1,950,497 $498,495 $2,162,180 $4,611,172
    curtis325 $2,947,882 $481,945 $644,119 $4,073,946
    killerleft $1,032,595 $1,315,790 $1,307,993 $3,656,378
    nmduke2001 $1,208,400 $1,392,900 $532,847 $3,134,147
    elvis14 $1,130,354 $0 $1,731,247 $2,861,601
    mr. synellinden $991,625 $982,995 $858,460 $2,833,080
    DUKIECB $0 $2,165,650 $0 $2,165,650
    mal $1,449,939 $0 $0 $1,449,939
    gotoguy $1,235,006 $0 $0 $1,235,006
    sagegrouse $0 $356,666 $775,074 $1,131,740
    Turk $0 $0 $1,069,889 $1,069,889
    dudog $836,912 $0 $0 $836,912
    Son-of-Tripping $0 $0 $550,336 $550,336

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Gotta give it up to Koepka. If he had a better day on Thursday, he'd be enjoying the threepeat, and possibly by a wide margin.

    My guys did ok, at least they all made the cut. I was surprised to see Tiger's final score at -2, seeing as how he was +3 overall at one point in the day. Grrrrrr.
    <S>Nice timing on finally playing well. </S>

    Team CB&B final standings.

    Reavie T3 (Nice job, dude!)
    Rose T3

    Tiger T21
    DJ T35 (Tank driver)
    Mickelson T52 (Drove the tank, then jumped out and ran in front of it)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post

    Through the first 3 majors I have the following, with a very tight leaderboard at the top. The "always pick Koepka" strategy that has worked so well for the last 2 majors will be tested at next month's British, where Koepka finished T39 last year. See you all in a month at Portrush!

    Name Masters PGA US Open Total 2019
    Rogue $3,132,312 $3,281,850 $1,549,302 $7,963,464
    mkirsh $3,400,647 $2,283,845 $1,780,164 $7,464,656
    CDu $3,521,732 $2,119,200 $1,612,377 $7,253,309
    CameronBornandBred $2,735,649 $3,129,790 $1,366,376 $7,231,815
    cato $1,496,188 $3,009,445 $2,029,953 $6,535,586
    accfanfrom1970 $1,745,174 $2,210,750 $2,024,404 $5,980,328
    rasputin $1,050,123 $2,084,436 $2,338,185 $5,472,744
    Rich $995,785 $2,234,300 $1,718,046 $4,948,131
    Bob Green $2,187,349 $1,018,545 $1,704,066 $4,909,960
    tbyers11 $1,402,330 $2,433,945 $846,525 $4,682,800
    Jason Evans $1,950,497 $498,495 $2,162,180 $4,611,172
    curtis325 $2,947,882 $481,945 $644,119 $4,073,946
    killerleft $1,032,595 $1,315,790 $1,307,993 $3,656,378
    nmduke2001 $1,208,400 $1,392,900 $532,847 $3,134,147
    elvis14 $1,130,354 $0 $1,731,247 $2,861,601
    mr. synellinden $991,625 $982,995 $858,460 $2,833,080
    DUKIECB $0 $2,165,650 $0 $2,165,650
    mal $1,449,939 $0 $0 $1,449,939
    gotoguy $1,235,006 $0 $0 $1,235,006
    sagegrouse $0 $356,666 $775,074 $1,131,740
    Turk $0 $0 $1,069,889 $1,069,889
    dudog $836,912 $0 $0 $836,912
    Son-of-Tripping $0 $0 $550,336 $550,336
    Do we get to keep our "earnings"?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Here is what I calculate - someone please double check but congrats to rasputin for narrowly edging out Jason Evans


    rasputin $2,338,185
    Jason Evans $2,162,180
    cato $2,029,953
    accfanfrom1970 $2,024,404
    mkirsh $1,780,164
    elvis14 $1,731,247
    Rich $1,718,046
    Bob Green $1,704,066
    CDu $1,612,377
    Rogue $1,549,302
    CameronBornandBred $1,366,376
    killerleft $1,307,993
    Turk $1,069,889
    mr. synellinden $858,460
    tbyers11 $846,525
    sagegrouse $775,074
    curtis325 $644,119
    Son-of-Tripping $550,336
    nmduke2001 $532,847

    Through the first 3 majors I have the following, with a very tight leaderboard at the top. The "always pick Koepka" strategy that has worked so well for the last 2 majors will be tested at next month's British, where Koepka finished T39 last year. See you all in a month at Portrush!

    Name Masters PGA US Open Total 2019
    Rogue $3,132,312 $3,281,850 $1,549,302 $7,963,464
    mkirsh $3,400,647 $2,283,845 $1,780,164 $7,464,656
    CDu $3,521,732 $2,119,200 $1,612,377 $7,253,309
    CameronBornandBred $2,735,649 $3,129,790 $1,366,376 $7,231,815
    cato $1,496,188 $3,009,445 $2,029,953 $6,535,586
    accfanfrom1970 $1,745,174 $2,210,750 $2,024,404 $5,980,328
    rasputin $1,050,123 $2,084,436 $2,338,185 $5,472,744
    Rich $995,785 $2,234,300 $1,718,046 $4,948,131
    Bob Green $2,187,349 $1,018,545 $1,704,066 $4,909,960
    tbyers11 $1,402,330 $2,433,945 $846,525 $4,682,800
    Jason Evans $1,950,497 $498,495 $2,162,180 $4,611,172
    curtis325 $2,947,882 $481,945 $644,119 $4,073,946
    killerleft $1,032,595 $1,315,790 $1,307,993 $3,656,378
    nmduke2001 $1,208,400 $1,392,900 $532,847 $3,134,147
    elvis14 $1,130,354 $0 $1,731,247 $2,861,601
    mr. synellinden $991,625 $982,995 $858,460 $2,833,080
    DUKIECB $0 $2,165,650 $0 $2,165,650
    mal $1,449,939 $0 $0 $1,449,939
    gotoguy $1,235,006 $0 $0 $1,235,006
    sagegrouse $0 $356,666 $775,074 $1,131,740
    Turk $0 $0 $1,069,889 $1,069,889
    dudog $836,912 $0 $0 $836,912
    Son-of-Tripping $0 $0 $550,336 $550,336
    Uhh, I entered all three Majors, and did okay in the first two.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Uhh, I entered all three Majors, and did okay in the first two.
    Sorry, I got confused with your entry (thought you were posting a team for your kid), but here is the update:

    rasputin $2,338,185
    Jason Evans $2,162,180
    cato $2,029,953
    accfanfrom1970 $2,024,404
    mkirsh $1,780,164
    elvis14 $1,731,247
    Rich $1,718,046
    Bob Green $1,704,066
    CDu $1,612,377
    Rogue $1,549,302
    CameronBornandBred $1,366,376
    killerleft $1,307,993
    Turk $1,069,889
    mr. synellinden $858,460
    tbyers11 $846,525
    sagegrouse $775,074
    curtis325 $644,119
    TrippingWilliam $550,336
    nmduke2001 $532,847






    Name Masters PGA US Open Total 2019
    Rogue $3,132,312 $3,281,850 $1,549,302 $7,963,464
    mkirsh $3,400,647 $2,283,845 $1,780,164 $7,464,656
    CDu $3,521,732 $2,119,200 $1,612,377 $7,253,309
    CameronBornandBred $2,735,649 $3,129,790 $1,366,376 $7,231,815
    cato $1,496,188 $3,009,445 $2,029,953 $6,535,586
    accfanfrom1970 $1,745,174 $2,210,750 $2,024,404 $5,980,328
    rasputin $1,050,123 $2,084,436 $2,338,185 $5,472,744
    TrippingWilliam $2,622,144 $2,283,845 $550,336 $5,456,325
    Rich $995,785 $2,234,300 $1,718,046 $4,948,131
    Bob Green $2,187,349 $1,018,545 $1,704,066 $4,909,960
    tbyers11 $1,402,330 $2,433,945 $846,525 $4,682,800
    Jason Evans $1,950,497 $498,495 $2,162,180 $4,611,172
    curtis325 $2,947,882 $481,945 $644,119 $4,073,946
    killerleft $1,032,595 $1,315,790 $1,307,993 $3,656,378
    nmduke2001 $1,208,400 $1,392,900 $532,847 $3,134,147
    elvis14 $1,130,354 $0 $1,731,247 $2,861,601
    mr. synellinden $991,625 $982,995 $858,460 $2,833,080
    DUKIECB $0 $2,165,650 $0 $2,165,650
    mal $1,449,939 $0 $0 $1,449,939
    gotoguy $1,235,006 $0 $0 $1,235,006
    sagegrouse $0 $356,666 $775,074 $1,131,740
    Turk $0 $0 $1,069,889 $1,069,889
    dudog $836,912 $0 $0 $836,912

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Uhh, I entered all three Majors, and did okay in the first two.
    Sorry, I got confused with your entry (thought you were posting a team for your kid), but here is the update:

    rasputin $2,338,185
    Jason Evans $2,162,180
    cato $2,029,953
    accfanfrom1970 $2,024,404
    mkirsh $1,780,164
    elvis14 $1,731,247
    Rich $1,718,046
    Bob Green $1,704,066
    CDu $1,612,377
    Rogue $1,549,302
    CameronBornandBred $1,366,376
    killerleft $1,307,993
    Turk $1,069,889
    mr. synellinden $858,460
    tbyers11 $846,525
    sagegrouse $775,074
    curtis325 $644,119
    TrippingWilliam $550,336
    nmduke2001 $532,847






    Name Masters PGA US Open Total 2019
    Rogue $3,132,312 $3,281,850 $1,549,302 $7,963,464
    mkirsh $3,400,647 $2,283,845 $1,780,164 $7,464,656
    CDu $3,521,732 $2,119,200 $1,612,377 $7,253,309
    CameronBornandBred $2,735,649 $3,129,790 $1,366,376 $7,231,815
    cato $1,496,188 $3,009,445 $2,029,953 $6,535,586
    accfanfrom1970 $1,745,174 $2,210,750 $2,024,404 $5,980,328
    rasputin $1,050,123 $2,084,436 $2,338,185 $5,472,744
    TrippingWilliam $2,622,144 $2,283,845 $550,336 $5,456,325
    Rich $995,785 $2,234,300 $1,718,046 $4,948,131
    Bob Green $2,187,349 $1,018,545 $1,704,066 $4,909,960
    tbyers11 $1,402,330 $2,433,945 $846,525 $4,682,800
    Jason Evans $1,950,497 $498,495 $2,162,180 $4,611,172
    curtis325 $2,947,882 $481,945 $644,119 $4,073,946
    killerleft $1,032,595 $1,315,790 $1,307,993 $3,656,378
    nmduke2001 $1,208,400 $1,392,900 $532,847 $3,134,147
    elvis14 $1,130,354 $0 $1,731,247 $2,861,601
    mr. synellinden $991,625 $982,995 $858,460 $2,833,080
    DUKIECB $0 $2,165,650 $0 $2,165,650
    mal $1,449,939 $0 $0 $1,449,939
    gotoguy $1,235,006 $0 $0 $1,235,006
    sagegrouse $0 $356,666 $775,074 $1,131,740
    Turk $0 $0 $1,069,889 $1,069,889
    dudog $836,912 $0 $0 $836,912

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Do we get to keep our "earnings"?
    If we did, you'd actually live up to your user name!
    A plane takes off from Baltimore and touches down on Bourbon Street

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wilmington
    Congrats to our 2019 US OPEN WINNER Rasputin ..

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Congrats to our 2019 US OPEN WINNER Rasputin ..
    Thanks!

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO

    Muscling It Out?

    Seems odd to me, but the winners of the first three majors are, as far as I can tell, the three most muscular guys on the PGA Tour -- Tiger, Brooks Koepka and Gary Woodland.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem

    BTTT

    Because Glory's Last Shot is this week. Oh, wait . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA

    Team Green

    I have a busy week ahead of me so before I get distracted and forget here is my Open Championship team:

    1. Rory McIlroy - 8
    2. Jon Rahm - 6
    3. Rickie Fowler - 5
    4. Matt Kuchar - 5
    5. Jason Day - 4
    6. Kevin Streelman - 2

    Final score: -14
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

Similar Threads

  1. Top movies of summer 2019 (early discussion)
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-10-2019, 05:52 PM
  2. 2019 Degenerate Gambler NCAA Tourney contest!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-09-2019, 01:25 PM
  3. 2019 ACC Picking Contest (Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!!)
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 747
    Last Post: 03-19-2019, 04:39 PM
  4. ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers allowed!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 10:04 AM
  5. Pre-ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 05:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •