Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NC State:
    Definitely Coming:
    Pat Andree (6’8″/225) - Graduate Transfer (Lehigh)

42% 3-pt shooting last year...will definitely help

Landers Nolley

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    In addition to Blackshear (wanna bet on him ending up at Texas A&M?), former top 75 recruit freshman Landers Nolley and part-time starter soph Wabissa Bede have both entered the transfer portal. Ouch! Va Tech may need some walk-ons to even field a team.
    Landers Nolley has announced that he will play in Blacksburg in '19-'20.

Verified account

@JonRothstein
    17h17 hours ago
    More
    Landers Nolley will return to Virginia Tech next season and will NOT transfer, per his Instagram page. HUGE news for Mike Young and the Hokies.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

UVa's Marco Anthony is in the transfer portal: https://twitter.com/jamieoakes247/st...267438593?s=12

I know he could theoretically come back, but if he took this step, he's gone. Bennett won't dick around with that.

*If* Kyle Guy stays in the draft, UVA will only have 2 even semi-capable guards on the roster - Kihei Clark, and incoming top 60ish combo guard Casey Morsell. Definitely hoping we can get one more year out of Guy, or that Bennett has a pretty big trick up his sleeve vis a vis a sleeper guard recruit or a big time grad transfer.

While I'm happy for all the kids that these new "test the waters" rules help, it's got to be a nightmare for the coaches trying to fill out a roster.

Kyle Guy keeping his name in the draft
    https://twitter.com/kylejguy5/status...38097920036870

Cole Anthony commits to Carolina... likely saving them from the middle-division finish. Grrrr.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Cole Anthony commits to Carolina... likely saving them from the middle-division finish. Grrrr.
    He is going to be perfect in that system. That dude is a PROBLEM. Lock him up, Tre!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    He is going to be perfect in that system. That dude is a PROBLEM. Lock him up, Tre!!!!!!!
    Congrats to the heels for successfully recruiting this great guard, an undoubted OAD.

By loitering on Inside Carolina, I think I broke the code on the OAD philosophy at Carolina:

1. Carolina rejects wholeheartedly being a one and done factory, like Duke and Kentucky.

2. Roy's philosophy is to assemble teams with good to very good players, with just a sprinkle of one and dones.

3. Roy will never recruit over an existing player, because Roy is a very good person, who cares about his players (unlike Coach K), which restricts Roy's desire for OADs.

4. Roy may indeed offer almost all of the OADs, but the only ones he wants are the those who accept his offer. The others just head off to the factories, which is to Roy's liking.

5. In stark contrast to Coach K, Roy never tells OADs that they will start over upperclassmen. Coach K always starts OADs, which is how he gets their commitment. Folks like Bolden and Delaurier really got screwed because K lied to them. (I'm not sure why other OADs don't notice this situation.)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    5. In stark contrast to Coach K, Roy never tells OADs that they will start over upperclassmen, even if it is obvious they are one of the best players on the team and there is no plausible reason not to play them except to hide them from the NBA. Coach K always starts OADs, which is how he gets their commitment. Folks like Bolden and Delaurier really got screwed because K lied to them. (I'm not sure why other OADs don't notice this situation.)
    Hello Nassir Little, Tony Bradley, Marvin Williams, Ed Davis, - I was going to say McAdoo but couldn't type while giggling.

Preview of next season: "Cole will play when he can defend as good as Seventh, dadgummit!"

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Preview of next season: "Cole will play when he can defend as good as Seventh, dadgummit!"
    Could Roy pull off the unprecedented and turn 2 consecutive top 3 recruits into ineffective bench players? That would be impressive.

The recruitment of cole was definitely an odd one. It seemed we were favorites for him until sometime midway through this season? All of a sudden he just dropped us (or we dropped him) and it was over in a flash.

Was it at all possible he was informed so early that Tre would be back? I find it hard to fathom since that was at a time when all of our freshmen were expected to go.

Without trying to sound arrogant, the commitment to the holes seemed like a secondary choice to me. Maybe the only “logical” last choice fit at a blue blood school that would give him the right platform to go one and done.

I’ve heard speculation that his dad didn’t want duke or that we had some disagreements during his recruitment? Maybe someone more knowledgeable could shed some light. But I really doubt we were out-recruited for him. It just seemed like he ran out of schools in which he could be the clear no 1 option so he had to settle.

He really seemed the perfect duke recruit until..well he wasn’t.
    Last edited by Dukehk; 04-23-2019 at 01:26 PM.

A Duke player with UNLV roots? That’s either a perfect fit or “no way” - no in between.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    Congrats to the heels for successfully recruiting this great guard, an undoubted OAD.

By loitering on Inside Carolina, I think I broke the code on the OAD philosophy at Carolina:

1. Carolina rejects wholeheartedly being a one and done factory, like Duke and Kentucky.

2. Roy's philosophy is to assemble teams with good to very good players, with just a sprinkle of one and dones.

3. Roy will never recruit over an existing player, because Roy is a very good person, who cares about his players (unlike Coach K), which restricts Roy's desire for OADs.

4. Roy may indeed offer almost all of the OADs, but the only ones he wants are the those who accept his offer. The others just head off to the factories, which is to Roy's liking.

5. In stark contrast to Coach K, Roy never tells OADs that they will start over upperclassmen. Coach K always starts OADs, which is how he gets their commitment. Folks like Bolden and Delaurier really got screwed because K lied to them. (I'm not sure why other OADs don't notice this situation.)
    This reminds me of something called "Kettle Logic."

A man borrows a perfectly good kettle from his neighbor, but upon returning the kettle, the neighbor discovers that his kettle has been damaged, so he confronts the man who borrowed it, who gives the following excuses:

1) He returned the kettle back to the owner undamaged.
    2) The kettle was broken when the owner gave it to him.
    3) He never borrowed it in the first place.

uNC fans really need to get together and pick a narrative, because they all can't be true at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    uNC fans really need to get together and pick a narrative, because they all can't be true at the same time.
    It doesn't matter if they are all true or not, all the other schools have the same narrative and that makes it ok.

Seventh Woods is transferring. Well, I guess this means Cole Anthony will start

https://www.dailytarheel.com/article...woods-transfer

"I wouldn't go back and change any decision I've made but I do feel like it's time for a change," Woods wrote on Instagram, "with that being said I plan on finishing my academic and basketball career elsewhere."
    -Jason "insert your own 'academic career?!?!!' joke here..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Seventh Woods is transferring. Well, I guess this means Cole Anthony will start

https://www.dailytarheel.com/article...woods-transfer

-Jason "insert your own 'academic career?!?!!' joke here..." Evans
    Woods appears to be a classic case of a guy whose physical development beat his peers, but his skill development lagged too long. He was an elite recruit as an 8th/9th grader, but that was largely because he was nearly complete in physical build already. As other guys grew, he stayed about where he was. But he never progressed skills wise to compensate.

A somewhat sad story if you take away the UNC lens of it. I'm sure he had legitimate NBA dreams, and has the athleticism to have achieved them. But he never took the next steps in development needed. Too bad for him. Hopefully he finds a home that is more commensurate with his skill level.

seventh Woods is transferring from UNC. Did not see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Typical Roy Williams, chasing one-and-dones and recruiting over his current players

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    He had a lot of buzz early. Never quite developed- but I suspect there is more there than meets the eye.