Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

ACC Rosters 2019-2020

As we look forward to next season, I believe the amount of turnover ahead in the ACC will be quite high. Here's what each team is looking at - I may be missing information with regards to redshirts and transfers so please feel free to add that. This is a great resource for transfers - grad transfers at the top could play next year while the bottom group have to sit out a year. https://watchstadium.com/news/these-...on-04-01-2019/

At first glance, it seems like Miami, Virginia Tech and Clemson will drop off while Louisville adds a ton of new talent, Notre Dame keeps their full squad and Virginia will be Virginia again with most of their team back barring a surprise departure from Jerome or Diakite.

Huge draft decisions ahead from Tre Jones, Coby White, DeAndre Hunter, Mifondu Kabengele and others while Matthew Hurt and Cole Anthony could be massive wins for Duke and UNC.

Duke
    Definitely Gone:
    Maybe Leaving: Williamson, Barrett, Reddish, Jones
    Incoming: Vernon Carey, Wendell Moore, Boogie Ellis
    Maybe Coming: Matthew Hurt

UNC
    Definitely Gone: Maye, Johnson, Williams, Little
    Maybe Leaving: White
    Incoming: Armando Bacot, Jeremiah Francis
    Maybe Coming: Cole Anthony, Matthew Hurt

Virginia
    Definitely Gone: Salt
    Maybe Leaving: Hunter
    Incoming: Kadin Shedrick (4* C), Casey Morsell (4* SG)
    Maybe Coming:

Florida State
    Definitely Gone: Nichols, Mann, Cofer, Savoy, Koumadje
    Maybe Leaving: Kabengele
    Incoming: Patrick Williams (4* SF), Balsa Koprivica (4* C), Naheem McLeod (3* C), Nathanael Jack (2* SG) Zimife Nwokeji (3* SF)
    Maybe Coming: Kenyon Martin Jr

Virginia Tech
    Definitely Gone: Buzz Williams, Hill, Outlaw, Robinson
    Maybe Leaving: Alexander-Walker, Blackshear
    Incoming: Anthony Harris (4* G), Emanuel Miller (3* PF), Andre Gordon (3* G), Yavuz Gultekin (3* C) - all tbd after Buzz's departure
    Maybe Coming: Atticus Taylor

Louisville
    Definitely Gone: Cunningham, Fore
    Maybe Leaving: Enoch, Nwora
    Incoming: Samuell Williamson (4* SF), Aidan Igiehon (4* C), David Johnson (4* G), Jaelyn Withers (4* PF), Josh Nickelberry (4* SG), Quinn Slazinski (3* PF)
    Maybe Coming

Syracuse
    Definitely Gone: Howard, Chukwu,
    Maybe Leaving: Battle, Brissett
    Incoming: Brycen Goodine (4* SG), Quincy Guerrier (4* SF), Joe Girard (3* G), John Bol Ajak (3* C)
    Maybe Coming: Dimon Carrigan, Jesse Edwards

Clemson
    Definitely Gone: Reed, Thomas, Mitchell, Skara (all 4 starters)
    Maybe Leaving:
    Incoming: Al-Amir Dawes (4* PG), Chase Hunter (3* SG), Alex Hemenway (3* SG)
    Maybe Coming:

NC State
    Definitely Gone: Dorn, Walker, Lockett
    Maybe Leaving: Johnson
    Incoming: Jalen Lecque (4* G), Dereon Seabron (4* G)
    Maybe Coming: Justin McKoy (3* SF)

Georgia Tech
    Definitely Gone: Gueye, Alston
    Maybe Leaving:
    Incoming: David Didenko, Jordan Usher (transfer available to play Jan 2020)
    Maybe Coming: Niven Glover, Jesse Edwards

Miami
    Definitely Gone: Lawrence, Johnson, Izundu (all 3 starters)
    Maybe Leaving:
    Incoming: Isaiah Wong (4* G), Anthony Walker (3* PF)
    Maybe Coming: Tristan Enaruna

Boston College
    Definitely Gone: Chatman
    Maybe Leaving: Bowman
    Incoming: Calvin Felder (3* PF), Julian Rishwain (3* SG), Jay Heath (3* SG), Kamari Williams (3* SG)
    Maybe Coming:

Wake Forest
    Definitely Gone: Johnson
    Maybe Leaving:
    Incoming: Ismael Massound (4* SF), Charles Coleman (3* C), Ody Oguama, Charles Coleman
    Maybe Coming:

Notre Dame
    Definitely Gone:
    Maybe Leaving:
    Incoming:
    Maybe Coming: Cole Anthony

(Pflueger is back for a 5th year after his ACL tear and ND has no other seniors or commitments)

Pittsburgh
    Definitely Gone: Wilson-Frame, N'Dir
    Maybe Leaving:
    Incoming: Karim Coulibaly (4* Center), Gerald Drumgoole
    Maybe Coming: Tre Mitchell

Cheek, Thank you ! That is awesome and rather thorough.. Thanks!

I think we might add returning starters or players of 10+ minutes/contributors to get the full picture. and then keep this updated with recruits and guys that decide to leave. Like for Duke add Bolden/DeLaurier as returning starters at Center though Carey will get a lot of time. Add Brooks for UNC ... and Amir Sims and Clyde Trapp at Clemson etc etc. As long as they played some minutes of value / points. We could all add to the list until it is complete. And then update as guys decide on a school or go NBA.

Would that be ok?

Nice idea

I would add Trendon Watford to the list of maybe coming for Duke. And add Ty Jerome and Kyle Guy to the maybe leaving for UVa.

Also, Tyus Battle is in the leaving category. He declared.

Haven't looked through all the others though.

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    NC State
    Definitely Gone: Dorn, Walker, Lockett
    Incoming: Jalen Lecque (4* G), Dereon Seabron (4* G)
    Maybe Coming: Justin McKoy (3* SF)
    Walker still has a year of eligibility left.
    Jalen Lecque should be moved to maybe coming (or maybe going). He did a post-graduate prep year at Brewsters and is thus 1-year removed from college and eligible for the NBA draft. He has filed for an NBA evaluation and has until whatever date in May to decide to go to college or try for the NBA.

I think Tyus needs to come back most mock drafts have him early second round middle second round. He could use another year, bulk up and improve his jump shot.

I get why you have Hunter as “maybe leaving,” but he’s gone. Jerome is almost certainly gone as well. Guy is a maybe, and I think Diakite will test the waters after the tournament he’s had.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukebasketball2020 View Post
    I think Tyus needs to come back most mock drafts have him early second round middle second round. He could use another year, bulk up and improve his jump shot.
    I assume you mean Tre.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    I get why you have Hunter as “maybe leaving,” but he’s gone. Jerome is almost certainly gone as well. Guy is a maybe, and I think Diakite will test the waters after the tournament he’s had.
    Well, Zion is in that same category. Seems like "maybe leaving" is playing it safe until announcements are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, Zion is in that same category. Seems like "maybe leaving" is playing it safe until announcements are made.
    Yeah, I'm fine with "maybe" until a guy says he is going. I'd include Jerome and Guy in the "maybe" category though. And remove Battle from the "maybe" and into "leaving".

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Cheek, Thank you ! That is awesome and rather thorough.. Thanks!

I think we might add returning starters or players of 10+ minutes/contributors to get the full picture. and then keep this updated with recruits and guys that decide to leave. Like for Duke add Bolden/DeLaurier as returning starters at Center though Carey will get a lot of time. Add Brooks for UNC ... and Amir Sims and Clyde Trapp at Clemson etc etc. As long as they played some minutes of value / points. We could all add to the list until it is complete. And then update as guys decide on a school or go NBA.

Would that be ok?
    Sure - how do I edit a post? Do I need approval from mods to be able to edit?

Sure - how do I edit a post? Do I need approval from mods to be able to edit?
    You have about 15 minutes after submitting a post for editing purposes and you'd need to click on the box appearing in the lower right corner of your post that I *think* says "edit post." After that, you'll need another post.

No problem.

Thanks for starting this thread.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

updated 4/3

(number in parentheses is % of minutes played in 2018-2019 - only included if a player played more than 20% of the team's minutes and is definitely going or staying)

https://watchstadium.com/news/these-...on-04-01-2019/ - grad transfers plus best regular transfers

https://watchstadium.com/news/compre...ng-12-29-2018/ - comprehensive transfer list from this season

Duke
    Definitely Gone:
    Maybe Leaving: Williamson, Barrett, Reddish, Jones
    Staying: Bolden (44%), O'Connell (33%), White (47%), DeLaurier (41%), Goldwire (20%)
    Incoming: Vernon Carey, Wendell Moore, Boogie Ellis
    Maybe Coming: Matthew Hurt, Trendon Watford

UNC
    Definitely Gone: Maye (77%), Johnson (75%), Williams (75%), Little (45%)
    Maybe Leaving: White
    Staying: Woods (25%), Brooks (57%), Robinson (29%)
    Incoming: Armando Bacot, Jeremiah Francis
    Maybe Coming: Cole Anthony, Matthew Hurt

Virginia
    Definitely Gone: Salt
    Maybe Leaving: Hunter, Jerome, Guy
    Staying: Huff (22%), Diakite (53%), Key (49%), Clark (66%)
    Incoming: Kadin Shedrick (4* C), Casey Morsell (4* SG)
    Maybe Coming:

Florida State
    Definitely Gone: Nichols (41%), Mann (78%), Cofer (38%), Savoy (36%), Koumadje (38%)
    Maybe Leaving: Kabengele
    Staying: Forrest (74%), Walker (61%), Gray (29%), Vassell (24%) Polite (22%)
    Incoming: Patrick Williams (4* SF), Balsa Koprivica (4* C), Naheem McLeod (3* C), Nathanael Jack (2* SG) Zimife Nwokeji (3* SF)
    Maybe Coming: Kenyon Martin Jr

Virginia Tech
    Definitely Gone: Buzz Williams, Hill (88%), Outlaw (73%), Robinson (50% - injured)
    Maybe Leaving: Alexander-Walker, Blackshear
    Staying: TBD with coaching change
    Incoming: Anthony Harris (4* G), Emanuel Miller (3* PF), Andre Gordon (3* G), Yavuz Gultekin (3* C) - all tbd after Buzz's departure
    Maybe Coming: Atticus Taylor

Louisville
    Definitely Gone: Cunningham (75%), Fore (48%)
    Maybe Leaving: Enoch, Nwora
    Staying: Williams (45%), Sutton (78%), McMahon (47%) Perry (39%), King (32%)
    Incoming: Samuell Williamson (4* SF), Aidan Igiehon (4* C), David Johnson (4* G), Jaelyn Withers (4* PF), Josh Nickelberry (4* SG), Quinn Slazinski (3* PF)
    Maybe Coming:

Syracuse
    Definitely Gone: Howard (57%), Chukwu (49%), Battle (85%)
    Maybe Leaving: Brissett
    Staying: Boeheim (40%), Carey (22%), Sidibe (22%), Dolezaj (54%)
    Incoming: Brycen Goodine (4* SG), Quincy Guerrier (4* SF), Joe Girard (3* G), John Bol Ajak (3* C)
    Maybe Coming: Dimon Carrigan, Jesse Edwards

Clemson
    Definitely Gone: Reed (81%), Thomas (64%), Mitchell (77%), Skara (76%) White (20%)
    Maybe Leaving:
    Staying: Simms (67%), Trapp (60%), Newman (30%), Tyson (20%)
    Incoming: Al-Amir Dawes (4* PG), Chase Hunter (3* SG), Alex Hemenway (3* SG)
    Maybe Coming:

NC State
    Definitely Gone: Dorn (71%), Lockett (27%)
    Staying: Daniels (58%), Hellems (34%), Harris (20%), Bryce (68%), Funderburk (49%), Beverly (71%), Walker (44%)
    Incoming: Dereon Seabron (4* G)
    Maybe Coming: Justin McKoy (3* SF), Jalen Lecque (4* G)

Georgia Tech
    Definitely Gone: Gueye (40%), Alston (36%)
    Maybe Leaving: Haywood (transfer portal)
    Staying: Alvarado (83%), Banks (73%), Wright (43%), Cole (17% - injured), Devoe (80%), Moore (40%)
    Incoming: David Didenko, Jordan Usher (transfer available to play Jan 2020)
    Maybe Coming: Niven Glover, Jesse Edwards

Miami
    Definitely Gone: Lawrence (83%), Johnson (77%), Izundu (69%)
    Maybe Leaving:
    Staying: Lykes (84%), Vasiljevic (80%), Waardenburg (62%), Mack (34%)
    Incoming: Isaiah Wong (4* G), Anthony Walker (3* PF)
    Maybe Coming: Tristan Enaruna

Boston College
    Definitely Gone: Bowman (97%), Chatman (76%)
    Maybe Leaving:
    Staying: Popovic (66%), Tabbs (37% - injured), Jairus Hamilton (50%), Herren (38%), Jared Hamilton (39%), Mitchell (62%)
    Incoming: Calvin Felder (3* PF), Julian Rishwain (3* SG), Jay Heath (3* SG), Kamari Williams (3* SG)
    Maybe Coming:

Wake Forest
    Definitely Gone: Johnson (45%)
    Maybe Leaving:
    Staying: Hoard (75%), Childress (90%), Brown (72%), Wright (55%), Mucius (54%), Sarr (43%), Smart (32%)
    Incoming: Ismael Massound (4* SF), Charles Coleman (3* C), Ody Oguama, Charles Coleman
    Maybe Coming:

Notre Dame
    Definitely Gone:
    Maybe Leaving: Harvey (transfer portal)
    Staying: Mooney (74%), Gibbs (88%), Hubb (84%), Laszewski (48%), Durham (31%), Pflueger (23% - injured), Goodwin (61%), Djogo (20% - injured)
    Incoming:
    Maybe Coming: Cole Anthony

(Pflueger is back for a 5th year after his ACL tear and ND has no other seniors or commitments)

Pittsburgh
    Definitely Gone: Wilson-Frame, N'Dir
    Maybe Leaving: Davis (transfer portal)
    Staying: Johnson (89%), McGowens (69%), Toney (61%), Ellison (49%), Brown (47%), Chukwuka (43%)
    Incoming: Karim Coulibaly (4* Center), Gerald Drumgoole
    Maybe Coming: Jahvon Quinnerly

I included a bunch of your comments in prior posts plus a few updates from today as Quinnerly is leaving Nova and rumored to be headed to Pittsburgh. I will update when more changes occur with names entering the draft.

Good thread, but you'll be adding and subtracting players for a while now. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Good thread, but you'll be adding and subtracting players for a while now. GoDuke!
    No problem - I'll aim to update once or twice a week until the draft.

Coby White is the latest to declare and doesn't seem like he's testing the waters. https://twitter.com/whitecoby2/statu...36291419951104

No problem - I'll aim to update once or twice a week until the draft.

Coby White is the latest to declare and doesn't seem like he's testing the waters. https://twitter.com/whitecoby2/statu...36291419951104
    Cheek, thanks for doing this !!! Yep. Just updated once or so a week. It will slow up in a few weeks *nice to see Coby White join Little on the list of gone for UNC

UVA is also adding Francisco Caffaro, 4* C from Argentina via Australia. He’s like a slightly less rugged, more-offensively skilled (as long as he’s within 5’ of the hoop) version of Salt.

UVA’s front-court will be really deep next year, but back-court will be really shallow barring a grad-transfer or late 2019 pick-up.

Anthony Harris has asked for release from VA Tech

I could really see some have-not in the ACC next year. More than this year even. Pitt, Wake, BC, Miami, Clemson, VT, GT
    Last edited by gofurman; 04-05-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Mid tier. Maybe. Notre Dame. State. Syracuse

Top tier. Duke. Unc. UVA. Louisville. FSU.

Need to keep
    Evaluating as those leave/recruits firm up