Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I like the painting of Dukes huddle and I like Shelden William's but he belongs no where near that all time huddle unless hes the towel boy.He was good but not all time like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    I like the painting of Dukes huddle and I like Shelden William's but he belongs no where near that all time huddle unless hes the towel boy.He was good but not all time like the others.
    I'm sure he'll appreciate that.

If I recall, the painting depicts the 9 players under Coach K with retired jerseys. (You may feel that he's 9th on that list, but he's definitely on that list.)

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    Your memory is off.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That isn't Carolina, it's a nameless generic team. With all the details Barnes put in, if it were Carolina, he would have made it so on the jerseys. (And it's not the right ugly blue.)
    it is very close to that hideous blue, and when i originally bought my copy it was widely assumed to be the cheats...no one else wears a color even close to that hideous shade.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    it is very close to that hideous blue, and when i originally bought my copy it was widely assumed to be the cheats...no one else wears a color even close to that hideous shade.
    Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Rhode Island
    Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I assumed that was Jeff McInnis on the ground?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

The visiting team in the painting is UNC

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    The clearest indication that the visitors in this painting are intended to be some version of UNC is that the figure in the background in the center of the painting, waving his arms, is a coach, and bears a striking resemblance to Dean Smith.
    GTHC

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthman View Post
    The clearest indication that the visitors in this painting are intended to be some version of UNC is that the figure in the background in the center of the painting, waving his arms, is a coach, and bears a striking resemblance to Dean Smith.
    It's UNC. Brad Daugherty is recognizable even from behind. It's the hairline. He's the most prominent defender about to get posterized by Dawkins the night Dawkins' number was retired.
    Last edited by killerleft; 04-04-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

This post brought a smile to my face...I bought this print while I was at Duke...I have it framed very nicely in my office and stare at it every day...my favorite Duke image by far...

Any way to obtain prints of all three?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Any way to obtain prints of all three?
    I have prints of mine, "Time Out" available. They are on canvas.

TimeOut.jpg

Dukefan1980 probably has ones of his, too. I think Ernie Barnes' family maintains a website for him, so they may sell his, or maybe Ebay.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

TimeOut.jpg

Dukefan1980 probably has ones of his, too. I think Ernie Barnes' family maintains a website for him, so they may sell his, or maybe Ebay.
    CBB's prints look like originals the way he puts them on canvas and then shellacs them. I highly recommend the purchase.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    CBB's prints look like originals the way he puts them on canvas and then shellacs them. I highly recommend the purchase.
    Seconded. The two he did for our 2 Duke children look great. Funny, our oldest child, a cheater grad, didn't get one of his prints.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Yeah, you're getting old... "Mike Rubish". (Maybe you couldn't help yourself - the unc=trash thing.)

-jk
    I seem to remember that driving range off of Garrett Road -- is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I have a damaged copy of that print! And I bought it at the same store in South Square Mall. Something had been spilled on the edges, so I just cut the white margin off and stuck the print in a cheap poster frame. It cost me $35. They didn't want to sell a damaged print, but I got it for a much lower price than the perfect ones. I had it on a wall for several years before my wife convinced me it didn't belong in the living room.

As soon as I saw it, I knew the artist was the same guy who did the Good Times paintings. I don't think I've ever seen a work of art that catches the frenzied motion of a basketball game so well.

Dang, we almost went to the NC History Museum about a month ago. Went to the Museum of Art instead. That's where they should have put Barnes' work!

Edit: the foul was going to be called on the foul tar heel!
    I would be interested in buying a print of the Barnes work, but the only one I can find is an unauthenticated autographed version on eBay for $900.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    We're pretty old, Indoor.
    Love, Ima
    Hey now, I bought my first set of golf clubs from Mr. Rubish....

TimeOut.jpg

Love Time Out. Have it in my office. Thanks again!
    Time Out.jpg

I also had three of Dukefan1980's lithographs (Dyna5ty, Order Has Been Restored, and 2.1 Seconds That Last Forever) that I put in my car to get framed for my office. Someone broke into my car and stole the tube I had them in. If anyone is interested, Jason's prints can be purchased here: https://www.jasonrobichau.com/online-store.

A Duke fan in Arizona has a basement theatre setting. One wall is an homage to the Hill/Laettner shot. It has a lot very specific individuals. It's awesome!

Unfortunately, I don't think he posts here and can't give us a visual...

-jk