Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I won't be at all surprised if the ACC someday schedules the UNC games as the final 2 games of the season.
    February sweeps won't let that happen. There's little chance the first Duke-UNC game ends up on ACC-N only. I can see a dual broadcast (ESPN + homer version on ACC-N). It's one of ESPN's biggest ratings events of the year. The second? I'm less confident because the ratings are lower.

ACC-N only: @VT, BC, @GT, Wake, @Wake
    ACC-N possible: @Clemson, @BC, @UNC, ND, VT, UNC

The February games @BC, ND, and VT are the prime candidates to end up on ACC-N only. I doubt ACC-N excused ESPN from showing Wake, BC, etc. a certain number of times each season, and the Duke games are the most profitable way to do it.

The four game stretch between @Syracuse and FSU will determine our place in the ACC standings. It's 3 road games followed by FSU on very short rest. I'm glad we don't play Syracuse on Monday night. They struggle with us the other 6 days of the week.

The schedule was already revised this morning to reflect both Duke-Carolina games as ESPN games. Count on them being Saturday Primetime games with GameDay there.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I won't be at all surprised if the ACC someday schedules the UNC games as the final 2 games of the season.

At first I was like, oh Jason's being hyperbolic. And then I was like, you're right, they are that crazy and it might just be like a fox. ESPN would hype that week like the everlovin super bowl.

And then in a number of years you meet in the ACCT. So three Carolina games in ten days.

Honestly the stress of that, it's too much. I wish the games were further apart from each other than they are. But they apparently have to be post NFL so here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    At first I was like, oh Jason's being hyperbolic. And then I was like, you're right, they are that crazy and it might just be like a fox. ESPN would hype that week like the everlovin super bowl.

And then in a number of years you meet in the ACCT. So three Carolina games in ten days.

Honestly the stress of that, it's too much. I wish the games were further apart from each other than they are. But they apparently have to be post NFL so here we are.
    Oh My!! I hope and pray that THE ACC and ESPN don't read this board. You really don't want to give them any marketing ideas like that.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    All times TBA? WTF? They haven’t had enough time?
    Looks like many of the ACC games now have tip-off times...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post
    Looks like many of the ACC games now have tip-off times...
    But they still can’t list the times of the non-conference home games. Also, the game at Va Tech is now either Friday 12/6 or Saturday 12/7. I’m pretty sure it was previously listed simply as 12/6. Also, I’m pretty sure more non-conference games will be televised than are shown on the schedule so far. I know getting it all set is complicated but they didn’t just start working on this a couple of weeks ago. Isn’t it a given that a Duke-Wofford game will draw more TV viewers than a field hockey game?
    https://goduke.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Virginia Tech gametime is set for Friday or Saturday in the event Duke or Virginia Tech is playing in the ACC Football Championship game on Saturday. I believe there are a few conference games set as Friday or Saturday that week for the same reason.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Saturday ESPN games have multiple time options when they are games being held as potential GameDay/Primetime games. Looks like we have 3 of them (plus both Duke-Carolina games will be GameDay games). Miami game time is likely in flux as it depends on ABC/ESPN NFL Wildcard game being announced. The nonconference games without times do not have TV times as they haven't sorted out the TV designations yet.
    Last edited by msdukie; 09-17-2019 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Added info
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    The nonconference games without times do not have TV times as they haven't sorted out the TV designations yet.
    You can make some logical conclusions based on the day of the week for November/December.

CO St./GA St. must compete against Friday night NBA on ESPN. Result: espn2/ESPN-U/ACC-N.
    SF Austin must compete against exempt tournament games. This game slot has traditionally been on ESPN-U. Result: ESPN-U/ACC-N.
    Winthrop must compete against a fair number of college football games and exempt tournament games. Result: ESPN-U/ACC-N.

The others (C Ark/Brown/Wofford) could be anything, but Wofford favors ESPN based on past TV history.

Julio-

Can we upload next season's schedule to the main page?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Julio-

Can we upload next season's schedule to the main page?
    Good idea, but that's more on SBN to update than Julian.

Meanwhile, GoDuke has one up, albeit with a lot of "TBA"s

-jk

The Athletic is doing a series on college programs and has one up on Kansas today. It's behind a paywall, but I wanted to share a couple of notes from the article.

Udoka Azubuike has been running and dieting all summer and is down to 267 (-32) pounds since last year.

Expect a 2-big lineup most of the time between Azubuike, De Sousa, and McCorkmack off the bench.

Marcus Garrett, the backup PG and potential small-ball 4 (he's about 6'5"), is also a non-shooter (career 25.5%). Garrett is expected to get a lot of minutes, so when he is on the floor with the 2 bigs, KU's shooting is going to be highly reliant on PG Devon Dotson and whoever plays the wing.

Sophomore wing Ochai Agbaji, who will have a prominent role on the team this year, only shot 30.7% from 3 as a freshmen. The team added Isaiah Moss, a grad transfer from Iowa, in the offseason as well as a few freshmen with a reputation as shooters.

Dotson and Azubuike are among the best players at their positions in the country. KU will be about as good as the rest of the roster will allow them to play. Expect a tough defensive team with a suspect offensive approach.

We have a nearly complete schedule now with game times and TV networks for everything other than the two exhibition games. I don't know what the problem is with them.

The game at Va. Tech will be at 7:00 on Friday, December 6.

There are a couple of weird times now announced. The Stephen F. Austin game on 11/26 is an 9:00. Ugh. The 9:00 games suck no matter who you're playing. The game with Brown on 12/28 starts at 11:30 am. I don't recall ever seeing a home game scheduled before noon for any ACC team.

I now count 7 games definitely on ACCN and only one, Stephen F. Austin, on RSN.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    We have a nearly complete schedule now with game times and TV networks for everything other than the two exhibition games. I don't know what the problem is with them.

The game at Va. Tech will be at 7:00 on Friday, December 6.

There are a couple of weird times now announced. The Stephen F. Austin game on 11/26 is an 9:00. Ugh. The 9:00 games suck no matter who you're playing. The game with Brown on 12/28 starts at 11:30 am. I don't recall ever seeing a home game scheduled before noon for any ACC team.

I now count 7 games definitely on ACCN and only one, Stephen F. Austin, on RSN.
    Weird time for December 28 game with Brown may be to avoid network conflicts with the College Football playoff semifinals on ESPN, which are at 4 and 8 PM EST on that day. The game will conflict with the kickoffs of the Camping World Bowl in Orlando (ABC) and the Cotton Bowl in Dallas (ESPN). (Don Altman to Tee Moorman for the TD!)
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

MSU's Langford out through December

Big news out of East Lansing, MI. Joshua Langford's foot issues have returned. He is expected to be out through at least December 2019. Big blow for the Spartans. Their depth at the 2-guard spot was limited to begin with. I expect to see a number of looks with two of the other three wings - Kyle Ahrens, Aaron Henry, and Gabe Brown - on the court. And we may even see looks with Cassius Winston and freshman PG Rocket Watts in the backcourt as well.